Limes (1832)

Limes information

Year of Launch1832

HouseFloris

About Limes

A lively and refreshing unisex fragrance, evocative of balmy Mediterranean summers and aromatic limes.

Limes fragrance notes

Reviews of Limes

Delightful though not long lasting

I purchased this at Fortnum and Mason's in London while vacationing. It's easy to get overtaken by the moment in a place such as F&M (one true to the Crown would never shop at Harrod's with all those Arabs) and I was no exception!

Why? Oh, Why didn't I purchase Floris No. 89, which Ian Flemming said James Bond wore, instead of Limes? I kick myself every time I think about it, but would suppose that because it was a lovely spring day in London, I felt that Limes was the order of the day, and so I dutifully carried my overly expensive fragrance, which consists almost exclusively of just Limes - not many notes here, and frankly those familiar with Loyall Lime will probably like that Lime better than this one - I know that I do.

So, why own this? Well, if you like a bitter lime fragrance that is truly reminiscent of what a London barbershop must have smelled like on a hot summer day in the 1920's, then this would be the one for you.

I will say that the bottle is really beautiful and the packaging is some of the best you will encounter, but I wish I had gotten Floris No. 89, instead of this one.

Pros: Beautiful packaging and Bottle
Cons: not particularly long lasting.

10th June, 2013
Limes by FLORIS sounded too good to be true. And that exactly what it was. On my skin the initial fantastic burst of citrus lasted 5-10 minutes. After that delightful opening Limes is a total let down because it becomes a fainting skin scent that lasts about an hour and then oblivion. I can understand that some people like to keep old traditions alive. If they are rich enough sure go ahead. If you value your hard earned money and like citrus fragrances try Limes a few times to see if it is worth the price asked. And for a while maybe forget the fancy box and bottle and concentrate on the juice. On me Limes started great but soon turned into the fragrance of a somewhat good quality dish washing liquid... and the obscurity of it all as a fragrance makes it purposeless.
09th May, 2013
Classic bone-dry lime, pure uncompromising lime that is refreshing, with a gentle lily note added in the drydown. What remains after an hour or so with a very pleasant light white musk that is very close to my skin. For a lime cologne is has a respectable longevity of well over two hours.
03rd August, 2012
I agree that this is related to Eau de Guerlain, which apparently came later. Lovely crisp unsweetened herbal lime opening, followed by maybe an hour of mild floral musk. There are long-lasting citrus fragrances, so I don't see much of a point in traditional EdC's like this, pleasant as it is.
01st June, 2012
Trying to recall the other English lime scents as best I can while doing this, the Floris is probably closest to Trumpers. It's right away the driest, dustiest of these old-style EdCs, and has a bit of the sharp herbs of Wellington or Blenheim, though it's admittedly a bit hard to tell where the fresh lime rind sharpness ends and the herbal sharpness begins. I also think there's a trace of the florals that I associate with the less "barbershoppy" English houses (i.e. Floris and Penhaligons), which sometimes feminizes them a tiny bit. I don't think it maintains its lime identity very well, though. Trumpers dies off quickly but remains pure, and Truefitt is sweetened up a bit and strengthened with synthetics but is still clearly lime. The Floris dies off and degenerates into dust, with a bit of popcorny-smelling wood at the very end.
15th December, 2011
I just love the Lemon Lime opening an zesty beginning dries lovely to an delicate watery scent of Lily of the Vally
hidden among the rocks with it's gentile
scent and the subtle musk dry down.

it's more of a pleasant and Diluted Version of Eau de Guerlian which it's a very power citrus aromatic fragrance
that uses to much on mint and smelled like Mint Tooth Paste.

12th February, 2011

Add your review of Limes

Shop for Limes products online

Shop for Limes at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Limes

Member images of Limes

There are no member images of Limes yet. Why not be the first?

Perfumes launched in the same year as Limes (1832)