Live Jazz (1998)
    by Yves Saint Laurent

Live Jazz Fragrance Notes

Live Jazz information

Launched in 1998, ten years after the original Jazz. The Live Jazz packaging mirrors the original.
    The fragrance contains notes of Coriander and Cedarwood.

Shop for Live Jazz products online

Reviews of Live Jazz

Showing 1 to 6 of 97 reviews.

Jason Bogie's avatar
    Jason Bogie

In hot Qld Australia , finding a frag that doesn't evaporate in the first hour is a challenge. This one surprised today with 7/8 hrs of life on a very hot day.

21st January, 2014

tempest moon's avatar
    tempest moon

This is a refreshing one! I can't see why many people find fault with this fragrance. The opening is mint and grapefruit, very zingy and fresh, and perfect for hot weather I should imagine. This is the fragrance that brings to mind sipping cocktails on the beach, or coming in from the hotel swimming pool on a hot day.

Very inoffensive. Yes it dries down to rhubarb and coriander, but that isn't a bad thing here! So maybe this "vegetable" thing (which I don't get here by the way) seems to turn people off but to me this shouts out "I'm fresh"!

Personally I think you could do a lot worse than wear this on a spring/summer day. Plus, it's YSL and it's at a cheap affordable price for such a house. I agree this is one of their lesser creations but I find it ideal for the hot weather! I believe that there is always an ideal situation for every fragrance... give this a try on a hot day by the pool and you'll see what I mean.

21st November, 2013

Preston H's avatar
    Preston H

Citrus. Floral. Herbaceous. Stunning. A great summer scent. Very refreshing I love it I can't wait for summer to wear it again

03 April, 2013

Jkidd's avatar
    Jkidd

Very nice summer fragrance. I also love to wear this beauty around the office. It's classy and smooth enough to not offend anyone. Five stars for sure!

08 December, 2012

FragranceFan255's avatar
    FragranceFan255

Mint, mint, minty mint. If you don't like the smell of mint I'm telling you right now, STAY AWAY. However, should you be someone who also feels uplifted and refreshed by the smell of fresh mint then by all means get on the wagon.

Live Jazz opens with a sharp and vibrant blast of cool mint tinged with a great grapefruit and lemon note. Nothing 'toothpastey' about it. Though I cannot say that it smells like natural mint either, it definitely doesn't smell synthetic. Perhaps this is the other notes fuzzing it up. And fuzz it up in a good way they do. While sharp and quite powerful, Live Jazz never feels overwhelming. Strong but not thuggish in its persistence I never feel like its driving a nail in my head. However, I can imagine this being one that would really make you feel sick if you already had a headache.

As Live Jazz dries down a floral quality begins to show. I understand no flowers are listed in its creation, but this is what I get. A subtle and slightly creamy rosy sort of accord. Maybe it's the rhubarb coming into play as I have no idea what rhubarb actually smells like. But I'd bet my money on the coriander as the doppleganger. All the while the mint plays on while vanilla harmonizes.

Live Jazz seems to have excellent projection and decent longevity. No major quibbles there. But I'd say about 3 sprays max or you'll really be gassing people. The stuff is so invigorating and sharp that I really don't see any problem with using it in cooler weather either. It'll get noticed just fine.

If you're looking for something very masculine, this probably isn't it. Very unisex. But if you enjoy mint do try. This is one of the most uplifting and fresh fragrances I've ever tried and retains character through and through unlike many that lose their initial charm after their topnotes fade away. Well blended and smelling of quality ingredients. Great stuff.

03 December, 2012

durf's avatar
    durf

I love coriander in my food. The taste of it, the smell of it, the look of it - all of it. I can't get enough of the stuff. Turns out I don't love it in a cologne. While the other notes sound like they're right up my alley, the mighty coriander completely overpowers them. The result is nauseating, and one of the very few colognes I've had to scrub off as fast as humanly possible.

I suspect this one might be heavily skin dependent. I barely noticed the coriander on a test strip but could smell nothing else on my wrists.

13 November, 2012