Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin (2000)
by Lolita Lempicka

SupplierFirmenich
PackagingBormioli Luigi
Parent CompanyAmore Pacific

About Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin is a masculine fragrance by Lolita Lempicka. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Annick Menardo. The bottle was designed by Bormioli Luigi

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin fragrance notes

Reviews of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin

Stardate 20170829:

Masculine Oriental - vanilla, anise, sweet ambery powder.
Not bad at all. But I have (and prefer) Arpege PH and that makes Lolita redundant.
29th August, 2017
Deliciouse licorice scent.
26th March, 2017
Nice and fresh scent. The aniseed (licorice) is definitely prominent in this one, but not in an overwhelming way. Au Masculin contains plenty of other notes - like the vanilla in the base - to smoothen this one out. It lasts a long time on me, and ranks up there as one of my all time favorite oriental fragrances.
24th December, 2016
Like a giant black gumdrop, LLaM has a soft, sweet liquorice interior with a crunchy and textured sugar coating. The violet note also recalls the purple gumdrops of my youth. Likeable and sweet, the ultimate drydown, however, is cheap dryer sheet. I enjoy that it's both yummy and plasticine until then.
14th December, 2016
This fragrance is one of my treasured gems. One of the most memorable and enjoyable experiences I've had wearing a fragrance came with this one. It was the very first time I spritzed this fragrance on me. I was going to a restaurant which was located right next to a beach here in Sri Lanka. The opening primarily had me sniffing a harsh, vibrant and unapologetically in your face anise heavy accord. I enjoyed this opening and still do to this day, although I could see how it could be off putting to some. However, several hours having passed since I arrived at the restaurant, whilst sipping a nice cocktail, with a gentle, cool breeze blowing in my direction, I could feel a scent cloud around me exude with life. I felt as though I was enveloped by a magical aura. An aura of beautiful vanilla with a hint of anise. This lasted several hours, well into the wee hours of the following morning. Magical!

Thus far in my fragrance journey this is the only bottle of which I have purchased a back up bottle. The only negative thing I can say is that at times I get a slight synthetic plasticky note from this fragrance at the tail end of the dry down. Regardless of that minor gripe, I consider this to be one of the very best designer fragrances I've encountered. Unless you have an aversion to anise or vanilla, I can heartily recommend blind buying this fragrance. It's unique and unforgettable.

However, the two bottles I own are with the built in sprayer. I hear that it has recently been reformulated with the newer bottles having an external sprayer. So I'm not certain whether the new formulation (if it has been reformulated at all) is as good as the original formulation. Here's hoping it is.

Longevity: 10+ Hours
Projection & Silage : Scent cloud with atleast 3 feet of projection for 4 to 5 hours.
18th September, 2016
Au Masculin.

Today, while enjoying a chunk of black licorice 'tween cheek-n-gums like I like, I took out my three bottles of anise-minded fragrances for a spin. First off, if One has a problem with black licorice... One should stay away from these. Here are my other thoughts:

Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin - Powdery synthetic vanilla and anise from the start. There are bothersome sour and floral facets as well. Strong and linear. It all wears this black licorice fan down... much in the same manner this tobbaco fan cannot find the appreciation for The Dreamer. No matter.

Reglisse Noire - Mint and pepper are there up-front with the prominent anise which lasts throughout the rather fleeting heart and is noticeably supportive in the exquisite vanilla drydown. Classy. A very nice evening scent.

Piper Nigrum - Mint and anise are there up-front supporting the prominent pepper. The pepper is there throughout, with clove and other spice, even into the resinous vanilla-incense drydown. Much more pepper than anise, but still.

Sure, there are a ton of other black licorice / anise fragrances. These are my first three and I think I've drilled deep enough. Two outta three ain't bad! They shine bright in early Autumn.
03rd September, 2016