Lucky You for Men (2000)

HouseLucky Brand
Parent CompanyElizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchClaiborne Cosmetics

About Lucky You for Men

Lucky You for Men has "Special Musk Molecules" interwoven throughout the fragrance. It has a clean, fresh scent and the bottle is "coke" bottle green and has an embossed lucky clover image. Both the male and female 'Lucky You's' Include a Massage Oil Spray in the range.

Lucky You for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Lucky You for Men

At first sniff, I dismissed Lucky You for Men as just another aquatic/airy scent in the tradition of Cool Water or CK One. But there's actually more going on here. The top notes here don't list citrus or orange blossom, but it sure smells like they're part of the opening chord. Once past that, though, Lucky You mellows into a nice green woody accord reminiscent of Paco Rabanne Sport or Pierre Cardin's Insatiable. The freshness of the top notes stays around to interact with the base notes in a very pleasant and invigorating way. To me it smells like taking a walk in the woods shortly after a rain, when the air is rejuvenated, and the damp earth and fallen leaves add a depth to the scent of the air. Very nice!
31st January, 2014
dreese Show all reviews
The ratings have this right. The first 30 minutes, this is identical to Curve. As it dries down, it improves to a more pleasant sweet, grassy character. I detect the bamboo and teakwood rising as the scent moves past an hour. The duration and projection I receive from Lucky You are exceptional. I did not find this synthetic or offensive, but it isn't one I would wear often either. Nice, but not special.
12th January, 2014
synthetic bamboo/grassy with musk drydown

why all the hate? Not the greatest but for $15 its a good unoffensive scent and gets compliments...grassy and fresh.

Pros: price for large bottle
Cons:

20th July, 2013
I wish Lucky You did smell like Irish Spring but on my skin it does not.
It is fresh smelling but I don't get a soapy fresh I get more of a grass scent.
A little goes a long way and unfortunately this becomes cloying on my skin if more than one or two sprays is applied.
I agree with others who state this is a more wearble version of 'Curve".
Although I will wear it it won't be often as there is nothing very special here.
Nice bottle though.
01st April, 2012
I bought a sample of this stuff, I had ran out of my only fragrance whilst on vacation, and had a party to attend.. To my surprise, this stuff was a huge compliment getter, although, this could be because, I was more than likely the only person there, wearing something other than old spice/axe.. if anything at all. I personally like it alot, though it unfortunately reminds me a tad of Brut, just.. much more fresh, better, not dirty.

Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 5/10
Versatility: 8/10
Smell: 7/10
Overall: 6/10
06th November, 2011
I like to think of this as Mugler Cologne for a younger audience, although it's not as soapy nor as bitter but rather sweeter and more floral. I went through 2 bottles of this in my teens and for good reason. It just works! No other fragrance I've tried truly captures the complexity of Spring like Lucky You. Call me crazy! The floral opening, with the cotton flower and melilotus herb, blends so nicely with the woody notes in the heart and base. I also get a hint of vetiver throughout the life of the fragrance as well. Longevity is about 4-6 hours and it's projection is moderate. The best part is that a 3.4 oz can be had for under $20 and the shower gel and lotion can be had for a few extra bucks give or take. Either way, it's a wonderful cheapie that's great for the summer and spring months.
Now, imagine yourself in a giant field out in the countryside in the middle of spring. The air is not at all humid. It's just a cool, breezy day, partly coudly, and everything around you seems alive. The field is full of dark green grass with flowers scattered about as they sway in the breeze. You're sitting under the shade of a giant oak tree just admiring nature in all it's beauty and wonder. You close your eyes and nature's aroma puts you at peace. That's what Lucky You is for me. I love this stuff! My final rating B+
15th April, 2011

Add your review of Lucky You for Men

Shop for Lucky You for Men products online

Shop for Lucky You for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lucky You for Men

Member images of Lucky You for Men

There are no member images of Lucky You for Men yet. Why not be the first?