Lucky You for Men (2000)

PerfumerJean-Claude Delville
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchClaiborne Cosmetics

About Lucky You for Men

Lucky You for Men has "Special Musk Molecules" interwoven throughout the fragrance. It has a clean, fresh scent and the bottle is "coke" bottle green and has an embossed lucky clover image. Both the male and female 'Lucky You's' Include a Massage Oil Spray in the range.

Lucky You for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Lucky You for Men

I heard that this was a lot like Liz Claiborne's Curve for Men. It really is. I always liked Curve but felt like the dry down was a little cloying for some reason.

Lucky You is like a smoother version of Curve. I get the "green" that everyone mentions, and I really like it. The weird thing is in the final dry down. To me it smells almost like rubber or something like that. Not bad considering everything else going on in the notes, but just a little weird.

The longevity is not really good. I get like 3-4 hours tops, if that.

WHO SHOULD WEAR IT:
High-schoolers and twenty-somethings. I really like this scent but it doesn't have that boldness that other light scents have. Even Calvin Klein's Eternity, as light as it is, has some oomph behind it. But Luck You is very refreshing and pleasing.

WHAT IT'S SIMILAR TO:
Curve, and to some degree CK Eternity for Men.

CONCLUSION:
For the price (about $20) you can't go wrong. The fragrance is incredibly pleasing, the bottle is pretty nice, and despite the lack of longevity, the price balances that out.
19th August, 2017
Picked this up years ago and have been wearing it intermittently for casual occasions since.

The first spray is alcohol, citrus and something green -- though quite what I'm not sure.

Within the first hour clean bamboo and something akin to the smell of fresh air comes out.

The drydown is mostly a powdery, soft cotton.

Great spring perfume. Very simple and easy to wear, and unbeatable for the price.
17th November, 2016
This is my all time favorite fragrance, and it just goes to show that a scent doesn't need to have a high price tag to be great. I first bought this in high school, and I probably used too much of it. Now in college, since I've learned not to bathe in it, I have received several compliments from classmates.

The color of the juice is a dead giveaway that it's a green scent. Looking at the note list, the cardamom, cotton flower, bamboo and all the various woods make sense. Definitely a "grassy" fragrance. I think of walking through the woods just after it rained.

This is something I seriously recommend giving a try.
06th October, 2016
VERY woody cologne. I've been wearing it since high school. For being a cheap cologne, this lasts all day long. I love this scent.
05th February, 2016
At first sniff, I dismissed Lucky You for Men as just another aquatic/airy scent in the tradition of Cool Water or CK One. But there's actually more going on here. The top notes here don't list citrus or orange blossom, but it sure smells like they're part of the opening chord. Once past that, though, Lucky You mellows into a nice green woody accord reminiscent of Paco Rabanne Sport or Pierre Cardin's Insatiable. The freshness of the top notes stays around to interact with the base notes in a very pleasant and invigorating way. To me it smells like taking a walk in the woods shortly after a rain, when the air is rejuvenated, and the damp earth and fallen leaves add a depth to the scent of the air. Very nice!
31st January, 2014
dreese Show all reviews
The ratings have this right. The first 30 minutes, this is identical to Curve. As it dries down, it improves to a more pleasant sweet, grassy character. I detect the bamboo and teakwood rising as the scent moves past an hour. The duration and projection I receive from Lucky You are exceptional. I did not find this synthetic or offensive, but it isn't one I would wear often either. Nice, but not special.
12th January, 2014

Add your review of Lucky You for Men

Shop for Lucky You for Men products online

Shop for Lucky You for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Lucky You for Men

Member images of Lucky You for Men

There are no member images of Lucky You for Men yet. Why not be the first?