Mambo for Men (2001)

50ml Cologne
    100ml Cologne
    100ml Cologne

Reviews of Mambo for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 42 reviews.

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

The opening is quite nice, a bergamot-lemon-Verbena mix that very soon has a woody-floral note added to it. A bit of patchouli and a very light musk is added too. That sounds complicated and as such could be very nice, but there is surprisingly little development in it and it is very artificial. Initially silage and projection are good, but after the first hour it is close to my skin. Decent overall longevity of about three hours. Overall a neutral score, but if one would take into consideration its
    keen pricing, a thumbs up would be justified.

19 November, 2012

Nosebud's avatar
    Nosebud

Seeing as how this juice is about $10/ounce, its pretty darn good. Mambo reminds me of TdH because of the orange/amber/musk notes in it; sure, Mambo is spicier and doesn't have as much orange zest, but it reminds me of it just the same.

Mambo opens with some lime and spice and a hint of verbena, and is a punch in the nose initially, but settles down. It becomes a musky wood on the dry down with a ( cinnamon, cumin, and maybe coriander (but that last might be the lime fooling me.)

All-in-all, a great frag to wear on warm evenings (or to feel warm) after the initial blast if you are strapped. Thumbs up for value, maybe a neutral if it was twice the price.

30th October, 2012

JackTwist's avatar
    JackTwist

I doused myself with this over a few days and could not detect any scent whatsoever - it was like smelling pure alcohol.

This has me stumped - on me it's a non-scent.

04 September, 2012

mtlimodriver's avatar
    mtlimodriver

For the price range, I think it is excellent. Middle notes are very prominent. This fragrance really shines when it's been on for about half an hour. I use this only at night as it is quite heavy for the day. Good longevity. Get lot's of compliments on it.

15 May, 2012

djpeterdee's avatar
    djpeterdee

This has been a long favored cologne of mine. It has a great, long lasting scent. No disappointments here at all. It was more expensive a few years back, but now is quite the bargain.

30th March, 2012

Doc.T 1977's avatar
    Doc.T 1977

I don't know why so many thumbs down. This is a very nice scent. Its a woodsy / spicy scent and I would like to see it last a bit longer. But I love the scent and despite some of these other ratings, It does actually get compliments.

23 March, 2012