Mandate (1976)
by Eden Classics (originally by Shulton, also Dana)

Mandate information

Year of Launch1976

HouseEden Classics
Originally byShulton
Also byDana

About Mandate

Originally launched by the Shulton company. Procter & Gamble acquired Shulton in 1990 and sold many of their fragrances to Dana in 1995.
Now produced by Eden Classics

Reviews of Mandate

Fresh Citrus.

Mandate is a poor mans Paco Rabbane Pour Homme,it starts out very citrusy but the DRYDOWN is VERY VERY reminiscent to Paco Rabbane PH.
All in all I think Mandate is a GREAT budget fragrance,especially for everyday office wear.
Buy some.

Pros: Dirt Cheap
Cons: None."</p>
05th October, 2013 (last edited: 04th May, 2014)
A great inexpensive masculine, retro scent. On me it's a lot like Paco Rabbane pour Homme. Staying power is good. The sillage is particularly good. Well worth getting.
07th April, 2012 (last edited: 15th April, 2012)
smells old, cheap and offputting
25th September, 2011
My technical knowledge of scents is limited, so I have avoided posting reviews here. However, I reckon I can add something to the page on Mandate.... mainly because technically, it's pretty rough. Its roughness is a vibrant, bright sharp edge on what could otherwise just be the scent of a nicotine-stained minicab office at 2am.
The clary sage and rosemary in the top are I think what creates the sharp herbal aspect. There are no tobacco notes in this fragrance so I'm not sure why I get the ashtray vibe. Some of the other listed notes (from Fragrantica, see below) I can't detect - I don't get clove like Jacomo de Jacomo, I don't get oakmoss like Drakkar Noir, I don't get cinnamon like Witness. Hopefully someone with a more refined olfactory palate will try this (and recover in time to write another review.)
All that said, I do enjoy wearing this from time to time. It's a really in your face masculine cheapie, with a distinctive scent that progesses in a linear fashion for what seems like weeks.
I've only sampled the currently-available Eden Classics version, and paid a handsome ú4 (or was it ú3?) for a gift set of 50ml EDT and deodorant spray.
I can't in all conscience give it a positive rating, because that would be misleading. I certainly think it is worth sampling, if you can pick it up as cheaply as I did.

Top notes: bergamot, lavender, rosewood, rosemary and clary sage. Heart: geranium, clove, cinnamon and pine. Base: cedar, oak moss, tonka, amber and musk.
30th April, 2011
masj78 Show all reviews
I recently got this aftershave, as I had not tried it before and I do love it, although I wish it had more staying power on my skin. It is quite an expensive smelling aftershave, but is really cheap. I find it similar to Eau Sauvage by Christian dior and Azzaro, but it has a much less citrus accord and is more spicey and soapy. For longevity I will search for an alternative and continue to use Azzaro for daytime, but use this as a splash on in the evening.
14th August, 2009
mmm i love this scent it reminds me of the 80's goinmg into boots and spraying it all over me to impress my school mates, i recently brought another bottle and its so reminiscent! buy it now!
17th October, 2005

Add your review of Mandate

Shop for Mandate products online

Search Amazon for Mandate

Member images of Mandate

There are no member images of Mandate yet. Why not be the first?