Mandate (1976)
    by Eden Classics (orig. by Shulton, also: Dana)

Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 12 ratings

Mandate information

Originally launched by the Shulton company. Procter & Gamble acquired Shulton in 1990 and sold many of their fragrances to Dana in 1995.
    Now produced by Eden Classics

Reviews of Mandate

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.

Sam Walton's avatar

Fresh Citrus.

Mandate is a poor mans Paco Rabbane Pour Homme,it starts out very citrusy but the DRYDOWN is VERY VERY reminiscent to Paco Rabbane PH.
    All in all I think Mandate is a GREAT budget fragrance,especially for everyday office wear.
    Buy some.

Pros: Dirt Cheap
    Cons: None."</p>

05 October, 2013 (Last Edited: 04 May, 2014)

RobbieX's avatar

A great inexpensive masculine, retro scent. On me it's a lot like Paco Rabbane pour Homme. Staying power is good. The sillage is particularly good. Well worth getting.

07 April, 2012 (Last Edited: 15 April, 2012)

rok's avatar

smells old, cheap and offputting

25 September, 2011

cherryred's avatar

My technical knowledge of scents is limited, so I have avoided posting reviews here. However, I reckon I can add something to the page on Mandate.... mainly because technically, it's pretty rough. Its roughness is a vibrant, bright sharp edge on what could otherwise just be the scent of a nicotine-stained minicab office at 2am.
    The clary sage and rosemary in the top are I think what creates the sharp herbal aspect. There are no tobacco notes in this fragrance so I'm not sure why I get the ashtray vibe. Some of the other listed notes (from Fragrantica, see below) I can't detect - I don't get clove like Jacomo de Jacomo, I don't get oakmoss like Drakkar Noir, I don't get cinnamon like Witness. Hopefully someone with a more refined olfactory palate will try this (and recover in time to write another review.)
    All that said, I do enjoy wearing this from time to time. It's a really in your face masculine cheapie, with a distinctive scent that progesses in a linear fashion for what seems like weeks.
    I've only sampled the currently-available Eden Classics version, and paid a handsome ú4 (or was it ú3?) for a gift set of 50ml EDT and deodorant spray.
    I can't in all conscience give it a positive rating, because that would be misleading. I certainly think it is worth sampling, if you can pick it up as cheaply as I did.

Top notes: bergamot, lavender, rosewood, rosemary and clary sage. Heart: geranium, clove, cinnamon and pine. Base: cedar, oak moss, tonka, amber and musk.

30th April, 2011

masj78's avatar

I recently got this aftershave, as I had not tried it before and I do love it, although I wish it had more staying power on my skin. It is quite an expensive smelling aftershave, but is really cheap. I find it similar to Eau Sauvage by Christian dior and Azzaro, but it has a much less citrus accord and is more spicey and soapy. For longevity I will search for an alternative and continue to use Azzaro for daytime, but use this as a splash on in the evening.

14 August, 2009

you_show's avatar

mmm i love this scent it reminds me of the 80's goinmg into boots and spraying it all over me to impress my school mates, i recently brought another bottle and its so reminiscent! buy it now!

17 October, 2005