Armani Mania (2002)

PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian
SupplierQuest International
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Armani Mania

A fresh fragrance from Giorgio, packaged in a distinctive smoked glass bottle. Contains notes of saffron, mandarin, cedar, vetiver and amber.
The bottle is topped with a distinct gun-metal cap.

Armani Mania fragrance notes

Reviews of Armani Mania

Guilty pleasure. I admit this is clearly utterly synthetic, kind of cheap, with a ridicolously crap persistence...but I like it - for the first thirty minutes (which is nearly the entire life span of Mania) I actually almost love it. It smells like something Comme des Garçons could have come up with, and in that case it would surely have got more praise. Basically it is a really simple, almost “geometrical” cold blend of icy white cedar, violet, saffron (for once, I get a real smell of saffron, even if for really short) and crisp, slightly watery musk. The notes are conventional, and so is the blend somehow: but they get a treatment here which makes them smell metallic, fresh, transparent, really “contemporary” and slightly different from, for example, other “pencil sharpener” scents. Saffron probably gives some spicy twist which makes Mania smell a bit more unique, but also musk plays a role in providing a really peculiar sort of watery-metallic feel underneath the spicy woodiness. Also I get a sort of rubbery vinyl-like feel resembling to synthetic leather, really subtle and oddly “fresh” like the rest for the notes. Shortly a different – more modern, more aloof – take on a spicy “pencil shavings” fragrance, in the same league of Montana Graphite and Balmain’s Carbone crossed with the synthetic transparency of many Comme des Garçons fragrances. This is a bit like a really common piece of glass, just positioned in a slightly different way thus reflecting things differently. Nothing new and nothing great, but it works good and it’s worthy a sniff for me.

6,5-7/10
06th June, 2015
Salutation.

The style of GIORGIO ARMANI fragrances needs no introduction.they are as lovely as Italian people. ARMANI MANIA is not the best male fragrances by this designer but don't forget ARMANI is always ARMANI.It is not too strong but just enough. Pleasant,Musky, Masculine,Fresh,Captivating,Elegant,Modern yet Classic.

A fresh and citrusy blend of mandarine orange mixed with saffron,soft spicy and musk as they provide a fresh masculinity and captivating elegance that it captivates the attention especially a woman as she loves it and will follow a man wearing.Totally The dry down is not remarkable for me.

In my opinion ARMANI MANIA can be worn most of the year and in a variety of environments however for a special occasion you needs to wear something more strong.suitable for a young and elegance man.If you likes woody-spicy fragrances but find more of them to be overwhelming ,if this is salubrious with your chemistry then can be a perfect choice.

Sillage?Average.

Longevity?Could be better.

6.5/10
16th December, 2014
Utterly uninspiring, bland and weak fragrance. A meager copy of Bvlgari PH, but on a lower scale in terms of quality. Nothing more to say, would be a waste of energy.
06th August, 2014
ad_scott Show all reviews
Really pleased with Mania. It was a blind buy though well worth the risk! Many reviews I've seen have put Mania down saying it's nothing special but I disagree - I really like it. In the opening I get a sweet hit of what I can best describe as fresh lime and vodka with a tad of aldehydes. Soon it calms down to a persistent velutinous fabric and leather vibe; reminiscent of a brand new car interior with leather seats or a new tailor shop full of new suits. Mania evokes images of virginal luxury cars, a modern gentleman in a suit an tie, a very new office suite. This fragrance holds the Armani signature that takes me back to the mid-late 1990s, maybe it's the amber note that attains this mawkishness. Yes, the notes in this fragrance are simple but in terms of wearing this fragrance I regard it as sophisticated, interesting and suitable for use at the office or during a night out. Would I use it for a date? Yes I probably would. Longevity is decent, minimum of 5 hours and sillage is not tenacious but modest. Bottle design is awesome, modern and minimal, adequately suiting the fragrance itself. Overall I give Mania 8 out of 10.
21st May, 2014
The "Mania" continues...

It has been a while since last using Armani Mania... What a pleasant surprise..!!

Mania is a successful blend of floral, fruity, musk, and woodsy notes that I truly enjoy. It opens with a burst of the floral and fruity notes then settles close to the skin with woodsy notes and musk finish. In my (humble) opinion, Mania breathes "class" like a fresh laundered shirt, but offers great flexibility to include wearing with a comfortable pair of jeans and that favorite t-shirt. Additionally, given the fruit and floral notes of the fragrance, the target time(s) of year may be Spring and/or Summer, however, if your body chemistry allows the musk and/or woodsy notes to project, Mania could be worn any time of year or for any occasion. Very well done Mr. Armani..!!

Longevity and projection/sillage are moderate, making it ideal for an office setting, but sufficient some 4-6 hours later saying, "gee, I still smell Armani Mania". It lasts much longer on clothing. While I haven't had favorable comments from the opposite sex, i.e. the "Wow Factor", it has the potential. Not sure how many of my female employees feel comfortable saying, "gee boss, you smell great today..!!". To reiterate, Armani is a "class" scent that has great potential for the "Wow Factor".

Similar to the fragrance, the bottle is a classic design. I am drawn to the clear glass bottles to allow the user to see the clarity of the fragrance. The "smoky" color of the fragrance, and perhaps tint of the glass, adds to the positive mystique of the fragrance. The packaging is also well done.

A check of the online pricing of Mania, shows that it is still moderate to medium pricing (in the $50 - $100 USD) range. For that price and the quality of the scent, it is highly recommended to add this to your collection.

Out of a possible five (5) stars, my evaluation of Armani Mania comes in at 4.4 stars. Great fragrance...

Daily I.M. - Ride the wave and don't ask where it goes...
02nd April, 2014
Theo Show all reviews
Armani's Best Fragrance

I've come to realize this is one of my top 3 favorite scents, with GIT an TDH being the other two (in no particular order). I just bought a bottle recently after being without this frag for probably about two years (it was my signature scent for awhile) and just love it! A lot of people complain about it lacking a certain something but to me there is a real level of refinement in Mania that you don't see in a lot of other frags. In my opinion, if YSL L'Homme wasn't imbalanced on the sweet side, there are some similarities to Mania.

I always get compliments when I wear this one, and it's appropriate for pretty much any situation I can think of. The longevity could be a bit better, and it's not a silage monster. But I've been getting more into frags that project around my 'personal' bubble. The thing with Mania is you get the amber and moss in the drydown but it still stays fresh with the cedar and vetiver in the mid notes. Very well done.

Also, I think for designer frags, Armani makes some pretty good products. I used to wear APH and ADG a lot in the past. I still own a bottle of APH that's a great winter more so than summer frag for me. Overall, Mania is great, balanced, clean, masculine fragrance. Never buy blind!!

Pros: Smells great, balanced, compliment getter
Cons: Longevity could be better"

10th October, 2013