Armani Mania (2002)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 338 ratings

Armani Mania Fragrance Notes

Armani Mania information

A fresh fragrance from Giorgio, packaged in a distinctive smoked glass bottle. Contains notes of saffron, mandarin, cedar, vetiver and amber.
    The bottle is topped with a distinct gun-metal cap.

Shop for Armani Mania products online

Reviews of Armani Mania

Showing 1 to 6 of 81 reviews.

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

Utterly uninspiring, bland and weak fragrance. A meager copy of Bvlgari PH, but on a lower scale in terms of quality. Nothing more to say, would be a waste of energy.

06 August, 2014

ad_scott's avatar

Really pleased with Mania. It was a blind buy though well worth the risk! Many reviews I've seen have put Mania down saying it's nothing special but I disagree - I really like it. In the opening I get a sweet hit of what I can best describe as fresh lime and vodka with a tad of aldehydes. Soon it calms down to a persistent velutinous fabric and leather vibe; reminiscent of a brand new car interior with leather seats or a new tailor shop full of new suits. Mania evokes images of virginal luxury cars, a modern gentleman in a suit an tie, a very new office suite. This fragrance holds the Armani signature that takes me back to the mid-late 1990s, maybe it's the amber note that attains this mawkishness. Yes, the notes in this fragrance are simple but in terms of wearing this fragrance I regard it as sophisticated, interesting and suitable for use at the office or during a night out. Would I use it for a date? Yes I probably would. Longevity is decent, minimum of 5 hours and sillage is not tenacious but modest. Bottle design is awesome, modern and minimal, adequately suiting the fragrance itself. Overall I give Mania 8 out of 10.

21st May, 2014

OCNBreeze7's avatar

The "Mania" continues...

It has been a while since last using Armani Mania... What a pleasant surprise..!!

Mania is a successful blend of floral, fruity, musk, and woodsy notes that I truly enjoy. It opens with a burst of the floral and fruity notes then settles close to the skin with woodsy notes and musk finish. In my (humble) opinion, Mania breathes "class" like a fresh laundered shirt, but offers great flexibility to include wearing with a comfortable pair of jeans and that favorite t-shirt. Additionally, given the fruit and floral notes of the fragrance, the target time(s) of year may be Spring and/or Summer, however, if your body chemistry allows the musk and/or woodsy notes to project, Mania could be worn any time of year or for any occasion. Very well done Mr. Armani..!!

Longevity and projection/sillage are moderate, making it ideal for an office setting, but sufficient some 4-6 hours later saying, "gee, I still smell Armani Mania". It lasts much longer on clothing. While I haven't had favorable comments from the opposite sex, i.e. the "Wow Factor", it has the potential. Not sure how many of my female employees feel comfortable saying, "gee boss, you smell great today..!!". To reiterate, Armani is a "class" scent that has great potential for the "Wow Factor".

Similar to the fragrance, the bottle is a classic design. I am drawn to the clear glass bottles to allow the user to see the clarity of the fragrance. The "smoky" color of the fragrance, and perhaps tint of the glass, adds to the positive mystique of the fragrance. The packaging is also well done.

A check of the online pricing of Mania, shows that it is still moderate to medium pricing (in the $50 - $100 USD) range. For that price and the quality of the scent, it is highly recommended to add this to your collection.

Out of a possible five (5) stars, my evaluation of Armani Mania comes in at 4.4 stars. Great fragrance...

Daily I.M. - Ride the wave and don't ask where it goes...

02 April, 2014

Theo's avatar

Armani's Best Fragrance

I've come to realize this is one of my top 3 favorite scents, with GIT an TDH being the other two (in no particular order). I just bought a bottle recently after being without this frag for probably about two years (it was my signature scent for awhile) and just love it! A lot of people complain about it lacking a certain something but to me there is a real level of refinement in Mania that you don't see in a lot of other frags. In my opinion, if YSL L'Homme wasn't imbalanced on the sweet side, there are some similarities to Mania.

I always get compliments when I wear this one, and it's appropriate for pretty much any situation I can think of. The longevity could be a bit better, and it's not a silage monster. But I've been getting more into frags that project around my 'personal' bubble. The thing with Mania is you get the amber and moss in the drydown but it still stays fresh with the cedar and vetiver in the mid notes. Very well done.

Also, I think for designer frags, Armani makes some pretty good products. I used to wear APH and ADG a lot in the past. I still own a bottle of APH that's a great winter more so than summer frag for me. Overall, Mania is great, balanced, clean, masculine fragrance. Never buy blind!!

Pros: Smells great, balanced, compliment getter
    Cons: Longevity could be better"

10th October, 2013

SnapDemon's avatar

Great Fresh Scent

A great smelling fragrance.

22 July, 2013

Darvant's avatar

Armani Mania is a cedary musk, notably synthetic, slightly ambery and a bit citrusy/herbal at the beginning. A sort of barely intoxicating, woodsy and spicy (saffron, pepper and cinnamon in my opinion) temperament starts soon rising from the background. The juice smells finally smooth with a shadowy tangerine/patchouli musky-ambery vibe (virile, fresh/warm and boise). A pleasant but a bit common evening fragrance.

12 January, 2013

ARMANI MANIA * Giorgio Perfume for Women * 2.5 oz * edp * BRAND NEW IN BOX
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 24 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    Armani Mania by Giorgio Armani Eau De Parfum Spray 1.7 oz. for Women(sku:11515)
    • Time Left: 17 days