Marbert Man (1977)

Parent Company at launchMarbert

About Marbert Man

Marbert Man is a masculine fragrance by Marbert. The scent was launched in 1977

Reviews of Marbert Man

"leather, leather everywhere.." sung David Bowie, a chemical concoction..but I like it..very retro and on the same wave of Aramis...
20th November, 2013
shamu1 Show all reviews
A blaring, crude bastard from the 70s with a hairy chest and a hairy ass, Marbert Man is Brut's younger, uglier brother who swears a lot and farts at the dinner table. Aromatic fougeres don't get any louder or more abrasive than this. Marbert Man is all about full-on power, with the accelerator pressed to the floor.

Dark, bitter herbs are the highlight of this frag, with a ton of leather and patchouli to make it all even more masculine. This is like the father of Quorum. There's an underlying smell of oily rags in the background, added for full macho effect.

If this all sounds like I'm criticizing this fragrance, sorry, but I'm not. I like boisterous, strong fragrances, and Marbert is no exception. Despite its ham-fisted approach to perfumery, Marbert Man's countless notes come together and blend very well, so this is quite wearable.

An aquatic fan's worst nightmare.

MY RATING: 8/10
07th July, 2012
shamu1 Show all reviews

An aquatic fan's worst nightmare.

MY RATING: 8/10
07th July, 2012

I can see why Marbert Man is a cliché… it is old-fashioned, super strong, and a long suffering snicker-fodder. It is aromatic, aldehydic, leathery, spicy tour de farce. The basil / lavender opening screams “out-of-date” while the leathery / mossy base smugly ignores any kind of fashion of the last quarter of the twentieth century as well as the first decade of the twenty-first. Marbert Man is neither smooth nor pleasant, but it does have character. I enjoy smelling it but I would not enjoy wearing it: It’s too much of a cliché… although a sort of rare and weirdly-satisfying “up-yours” cliché. I’m glad I tested it and I’ll keep the small decant handy to smell every once in a while… It’s like not being able to look away from a car crash.
16th October, 2011
aromatic scent of the 70ties.it is comparable to drakkar noir, gainsboro, brut by faberge´etc.To me it smells dated and it is an old men´s scent.A simple, average perfume-nothing outstanding or special but surely this was not the intention when they launched this scent.Marbert man fulfills the expectations of a man´s scent of the seventies-aromatic,good flavour,very 70ties masculine.definitely not bad.
18th April, 2009
marbert Show all reviews
Russian Federation
I mistakenly wrote in the chapter of Marbert Pure Man - I hope moderator will not delete my review here... I love this perfume... it is strictly and nostalgic at the same time... typical German - correct, punctual, and no penetration into the...
28th March, 2009

Add your review of Marbert Man

Shop for Marbert Man products online

Search Amazon for Marbert Man

Member images of Marbert Man

There are no member images of Marbert Man yet. Why not be the first?