Matchabelli (1982)

Parent Company at launchChesebrough-Pond's

About Matchabelli

FIFI award winner in 1981

Reviews of Matchabelli

I'm just getting into aftershaves and found a bottle in the bathroom of Matchabelli that my godfather (US) used to wear and the last time he was in Hungary was in 1994.

In the 16-20 years half of the aftershave disappeared from the bottle. I just checked it and it's definitely stronger than it used to be. I don't think I'll ever use it, but it brought back some memories... :)
27th December, 2010
I found a vintage bottle of this at a school fair and paid the princely sum of 20 cents for it. The bottle is 3/4 full. Even though it is only after shave strength it is still reasonably potent. The subtle woodiness and slight citric start make this a very comfortable fragrance.
05th June, 2010
A toned down 80's chypre with a very, very good lemon and sandalwood note and a hint of leather at the bottom.
18th November, 2008
I LOVED THIS and wore it in college. It's the only thing that I ever wore that both men and women constantly commented on and wanted to know what it was! My French teacher in college even told me one day "I love that smell, what is it?" which was pretty hilarious given the fact that I was about 20 at the time and she must have been 35 or so. She seemed embarrassed to ask. I started out buying it at Meier & Frank or The Bon Marche and it sort of made its way into drugstores and then eventually the only place you could find it was K-Mart! I knew that was the beginning of the end. And soon, it was. So sad. I've never found anything like it.
05th July, 2008
Gil Show all reviews

Another one here who wore and loved this fine fragrance. I also hope it's brought back.
03rd May, 2007

Add your review of Matchabelli

Shop for Matchabelli products online

Shop for Matchabelli at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Matchabelli

Member images of Matchabelli

There are no member images of Matchabelli yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Matchabelli