Méchant Loup (1997)
    by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Méchant Loup Fragrance notes

Licorice, Hazelnut, Cedar, Honey

Reviews of Méchant Loup

Showing 1 to 6 of 61 reviews.

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Licorice and honey - straight from the start, this an original idea that develops very beautifully on my skin. In the drydown cedarwood is added, a lighter version and I don't get any pencil shavings. A few ingredients only but very well done. Good silage and projection, with over three hours if longevity. A great idea for a spring day, and quite versatile.

11th January, 2014

calnadur's avatar
    calnadur
    Switzerland Switzerland

I didnt apply, I literally poured this on my skin to be able to smell something, to only regret it a little later. Not that this is an overwhelming fragrance, quite the opposite, I could only smell it by sticking my wrist right under my nose..but what I could smell then was some anise, licorice and somewhat leathery mix sticking to my skin like something oily - a feeling that I get from some leathery scents, and not one that I like.

10th March, 2013 (Last Edited: 22 March, 2013)

Lovescully's avatar
    Lovescully

Very interesting. I'm immediately reminded of Sheldrake & Luten's Jeux de Peau. Warm, cosy, slightly gourmand and definately masculine. It's a skin scent for sure as there is very little projection, but it does seem to have great longevity.

17 November, 2012

GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR's avatar
    GAIVS IVLIVS CAESAR

Smells just like the anise cookies that my Moroccan grandmother used to make "Galettes à l'anis". Meanwhile it's not a heavy gourmand. Anise, honey, hazelnut. Lovely.

13 November, 2012

SaNielsen's avatar
    SaNielsen

Bassett's Licorice Allsorts with faint "hockey glove accord" -- I like having a sample around for the sense memories it conjures, but would rather wear Saffron Troublant or Premier Figuier.

20th October, 2012

Candide's avatar
    Candide
    Germany Germany

This remains a "concept fragrance" for me. And why? Because I have to spray it in doses which I consider to be unhealthy. I need a heavy application to notice this scent, and it is gone very quickly. Thus wearing it outside is impossible. But sniffing at the bottle...heaven!

Concerning the aspect of melancholy: I agree. Méchant Loup speaks of that beautiful sadness of a man without hope; in this respect it is a sentimental fragrance. A lone wolf, maybe once the leader of a pack in times that are long gone; a loner whose wounds are healed but whose scars are hurting now and then, when reminiscences of the past glow in his eyes and the tired heart beats faster.

To be worn by dreamers only.

20th June, 2012