Millésime Impérial (1995)

Year of Launch1995

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Millésime Impérial

Millésime Impérial is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 1995

Millésime Impérial fragrance notes

Reviews of Millésime Impérial

Seaside holiday affair. Crisp linens, espadrilles, mild sunburn. Slight breeze from the ocean as you sip an overpriced Campari and orange juice whilst listening to the evening combo band playing. Faint aroma of ripe watermelon and sandy beaches. The yacht is ready and waiting, alas it's not your vessel. Until next Summer....
06th February, 2017
Brash
23rd January, 2017
A more tolerable, less cloying Royal Copenhagen.
24th December, 2016
Not very excited by this one. The shiny metallic bottle was a prime reason for me to blind buy this scent by a well-renowned fragrance house - as well as anecdotal info about some rich sheikh in the Middle East liking it, LOL!

Anyhow, this fragrance is definitely rife with the Creed accord of ambergris through and through; but its tartness and spice-woods mix didn't seem special to me. Plus, the thing didn't last too long on me...which would really have ticked me off if I DID buy it for its typical hundreds of dollars retail cost! (I got a discounted bottle online.)

Acquired taste, I guess.
17th December, 2016
This one isn't exactly for me. I've tried it a few times and I do enjoy Creed fragrances, but it's an odd sour-salty-sweet fragrance, but more sour and salty than sweet. After the extended sour-fruity top phase fades into the middle, I'm left with the floral/Sandalwood/ambergris middle of Erolfa but a bit more sour and less pleasant. Might as well just stick with Erolfa, which is far more interesting to me, and where that middle phase is truly blissful.

This doesn't smell "like money", that's an illusion that I think must be perpetuated by the cost of the fragrance.

As far as longevity, most Creeds use Ambroxan as part of their ambergris approximation, and it lasts for a very long time but fatigues your nose so that you can't really smell it anymore. This is no exception. Fragrances tend to last forever on me, so I detect MI on my skin for about seven to nine hours (most people seem to experience 4-6), but I can almost bet that when I jump in the shower in the morning I'll smell it again thanks to that chemical base.

Overall, this is essentially an Erolfa flanker to me. I'll stick with the original this time around.
17th September, 2016
A brief fruity melon replaced by the smell of perspiration. That salty aquatic vibe I just don't care for. It's evident in Tom Ford's Mardarino d'Amalfi as well, but in the Tom Ford fragrance, the mandarin works for me with the perspiration smell and comes across more like sweat washed over by salt water on the beach with oranges mixed in. Millesime Imperial smells to me like an antipersperant trying to cover the smell of body odor. That's how most aquatic style fragrances smell to me though. Definitely not one I'll invest in.
17th August, 2016