Millésime Impérial (1995)

Year of Launch1995

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Millésime Impérial

Millésime Impérial is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 1995

Millésime Impérial fragrance notes

Reviews of Millésime Impérial

Fresh watermelon with salt maybe some musk melon. A very nice clean scent perfect for summer and spring maybe into fall. I like other creeds more but this is definitely a classic. It being widely available for a fairly reasonable price is also a plus. Not a bad starter I to the niche fragrance or creed world
03rd August, 2018
Very beautiful scent of salted watermelon with rum and aquatic nuances to my nose. Reminds me of a summer barbeque. Is maybe the quintessential summer scent. However, it smells like a slightly more refined version of Sean John Unforgivable so I don't think this is full-bottle worthy at least for me. Projection is moderate while longevity is also moderate, with good projection for about 4 hours and as a skin scent afterwards. Performance is basically identical to Sean John Unforgivable. Due to this, I think it's a nice fragrance but the Sean John provides the same experience for a far cheaper price.

21st July, 2018
A summertime pleasure! I had wanted to try this for a long time, and finally had the opportunity. Starting out, this smells a lot like Creed Erolfa to my nose. So if you have Erolfa or are thinking about buying both, save your money and go with MI. I like Erolfa, but it's a bit pungent and harsher to the nose. MI is smoother, but still has many similarities to Erolfa. I don't think both are necessary in ones arsenal.

MI has a wonderfully-crafted mixture of melons, lemon, salt, light musk and Creed's almost constant signature bergamot. It's blended well, transitions nicely and leaves me feeling beach-side with white linen button-down. I like MI because it's not too marine, but also not too office. It's right in the middle: I am wearing this today to the office with a dress shirt, but could totally spray this on after a summer surf session just before heading to the shrimp shack for dinner and cold ones.

It does not jump out; be aware it will stay fairly close to the skin as so many Creeds do. But I find myself sniffing my wrist often, and this transports me outside to a warm and sunny place, filled with seagulls and Jimmy Buffet songs. You can't go wrong with MI!
19th June, 2018
The opening is combining sweet and salty accords; it is crisp, fruity (melon), salty, sweet and green. It smells of a sunny day at the ocean. The scent is interesting and quite nice for a couple of hours after which it just becomes a banal musky/synthetic scent that barely stays on the skin.
13th June, 2018
Very pleasant and easy to wear. Nice melon vibe - perhaps watermelon, perhaps another type of melon - with aquatic notes. The drydown develops into a fade-to-white iris. This doesn't smell "of the 90s" like so many aquatics ended up being, but rather the mark of a true perfumer performing their craft well. It's timeless.

If this were a star-based review, I'd probably knock off a star for the performance, which isn't great. Here, though - it's not enough to knock it down to neutral. I'm glad to have this bottle in my collection.
30th March, 2018
Green, salty, melon, the idea perhaps of an under-ripe watermelon.

One of the more unique creed creations I own. I may have previously smelled melon-ish things slightly similar in lotions and so forth, but the quality of ingredients, I believe, makes this scent shine. And it's the salt and musk that lifts it out of the mediocrity of some bath and body works watermelon body spray.

As with ALL creeds, some claim disastrously short longevity, others claim that they sprayed it on a shirt 10 years ago and that it's still there, projecting.

I find its longevity to be moderate to good. Certainly not a disappointment in that department. I think a lot of people, because of creed's price tag, demand and expect a longevity outside of time itself. If Jesus wore it, they'd want the shroud of Turin to still reek of it. This is due to a misunderstanding of ingredients and chemistry.

In any case, a solid thumbs up.

Edit: I like this scent more and more each time I wear it, and I find myself going to it more frequently.

Edit 2: Creed is my favorite house by far, and I never thought anything would come close to Aventus, but honestly I’ve never had a scent grow on me like Millesime Impérial. If it had the longevity of Aventus, there would be a sure tie for first place in my wardrobe.

10th March, 2018 (last edited: 08th April, 2018)

Add your review of Millésime Impérial

Shop for Millésime Impérial products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Millésime Impérial