Millésime Impérial (1995)

Year of Launch1995

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Millésime Impérial

Millésime Impérial is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 1995

Millésime Impérial fragrance notes

Reviews of Millésime Impérial

This is a pleasant, distinctive scent. It successfully achieves a sea-side note, while avoiding the overly-fresh "aquatic" or marine notes typical of this genre.
The beginning is a bold citrus fruit note with a background of salty tang. It is pleasing, conveying an image of a refreshing green breeze.
The lemon notes deepen. The bergamot gets a bit plummy and one wonders if the scent will "go south". Thankfully, it remains on the side of good decorum. Dusky iris and a light musk provide a cool backdrop. Not much wood. The marine note at this point is just OK -- acceptable and not harsh or synthetic.
The dry-down several hours later is attractive, cool, briny and low-key.
07th June, 2015
A fresh, slightly-citrus, slightly-salty, slightly-musky generic fragrance.
I would imagine those who like Bleu de Chanel or Bond No. 9 Wall Street would like this. They don't smell alike, but they're made in the same spirit.

My wife HATES this on me (as well as Himalaya and GIT).

I would have never purchased a bottle of this at the regular retail price.
Luckily, I got a tester bottle at a discount from a store.

I find that when I wear this, I either spray too much or not enough.
Also, if I don't spray enough, the smell goes by in waves (today, for instance).
If I spray too much, it's overwhelming for a while.

I like seeing the bottle on the shelf, but I'm not going to strain any muscle reaching for it.
17th April, 2015
Subtle and inviting, Millesime Imperial is simply fantastic. The opening is perhaps the most pleasant I've ever smelled, and the dry down is a very pleasant and sweet floral musk with a hint of airiness complimented by undertones of regality. You owe it to yourself to wear this fragrance.
28th March, 2015 (last edited: 07th April, 2015)
As I’ve stated with Virgin Island Water, Millesime Imperial is one my favorite go to Creed fragrances for the spring and summer. Upon application, I got notes of fresh fruit and sea salt. In terms of other fruit notes listed: Sicilian lemons, bergamot, and Mandarin orange they were all blended in so well that it was hard to pinpoint each of them specifically in the opening. The opening doesn’t last long as the fruity notes will begin to fade away into the background allowing for the sea salt and marine notes to dominate in the heart of the scent. At this stage the scent develops into a nice aquatic scent. In the drydown the ambergris and musk joins the marine and salt notes enhancing the overall scent with the traditional Creed drydown. In the notes breakdown, there are also notes of Florentine Iris, and wood notes but I wasn’t able to detect these.

Similar to VIW, longevity and silage for Millesime Imperial is better in the warmer months. I got approximately 4-6 hours of longevity and silage was moderate for the first few hours before staying closer to the skin. In the warmer months, MI could be worn on many indoor and outdoor occasions both day and night. In my experience, most people that I’ve encountered ended up liking MI. Most considered it very pleasing and uplifting. I would consider MI unisex but I think more men would be inclined to wear this then women. Overall, MI is a fresh fruity aquatic that was well made and is one my all-time favorites from the Creed line.
15th March, 2015
"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife...and I am wearing Millesime Imperial!"
11th March, 2015
I was given a bottle of MI from a friend who offered to sell it to me because he warned me that the longevity was not good and he'd hardly ever wore the scent in three years. Well he was right. 2hrs and this was gone completely.

The opening is a lovely citrus-melon that I initially liked very well, but it didn't last at all. After that it seemed kind of a powdery brine scent, which wasn't all that unpleasent, but nothing I would want to wear. Another review describes it as an "old book" smell, which is actually fairly accurate.

Too much money for something that is so fleeting. I'll pass.
09th March, 2015