Millésime Impérial (1995)

Year of Launch1995

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Millésime Impérial

Millésime Impérial is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 1995

Millésime Impérial fragrance notes

Reviews of Millésime Impérial

I think this is one of the best cologne's I have ever smelled. However, I struggle with wearing this too often.

The scent itself is very fruity (in a sweet kind of way) and very salty. Many people say it smells like melon - I think general fruit basket with some raisins and dates thrown into the mix. The combination leads itself to this brighter marine accord that remind me of Erolfa, yet is like Erolfa's better looking younger brother.

I have found that I cannot wear this more than 1 day in a row. In fact, I need a few days usually between wearings to re-charge. If I wear it too much, it starts to get sweetly cloying and I think my nose starts to pick apart the elements of it that are synthetic. Despite some people saying it has terrible longevity I disagree. I spray this 2-3 times and I am a walking fruit basket next to a heap of salt.

I think that this is also the genius of the cologne - the overly salty, fruity accord. I notice that if I go without it for a few days, I take a whiff of the bottle and absolutely want to put it on.

It comes off very strong - a lot of people say the opening is one of the greatest openings ever. I can how many people would say that. I think the opening is a bit too overpowering. After about 15 minutes, this drydown on this scent is one of the most intoxicating you will ever put on. It competes with Green Irish Tweed in my book for best drydown, though given they are meant to be two completely different scents I don't think its a useful comparison. I put this on and think I am falling into fairy-tale land with it.

Good stuff.
06th October, 2018
Fresh watermelon with salt maybe some musk melon. A very nice clean scent perfect for summer and spring maybe into fall. I like other creeds more but this is definitely a classic. It being widely available for a fairly reasonable price is also a plus. Not a bad starter I to the niche fragrance or creed world
03rd August, 2018
Very beautiful scent of salted watermelon with rum and aquatic nuances to my nose. Reminds me of a summer barbeque. Is maybe the quintessential summer scent. However, it smells like a slightly more refined version of Sean John Unforgivable so I don't think this is full-bottle worthy at least for me. Projection is moderate while longevity is also moderate, with good projection for about 4 hours and as a skin scent afterwards. Performance is basically identical to Sean John Unforgivable. Due to this, I think it's a nice fragrance but the Sean John provides the same experience for a far cheaper price.

21st July, 2018
A summertime pleasure! I had wanted to try this for a long time, and finally had the opportunity. Starting out, this smells a lot like Creed Erolfa to my nose. So if you have Erolfa or are thinking about buying both, save your money and go with MI. I like Erolfa, but it's a bit pungent and harsher to the nose. MI is smoother, but still has many similarities to Erolfa. I don't think both are necessary in ones arsenal.

MI has a wonderfully-crafted mixture of melons, lemon, salt, light musk and Creed's almost constant signature bergamot. It's blended well, transitions nicely and leaves me feeling beach-side with white linen button-down. I like MI because it's not too marine, but also not too office. It's right in the middle: I am wearing this today to the office with a dress shirt, but could totally spray this on after a summer surf session just before heading to the shrimp shack for dinner and cold ones.

It does not jump out; be aware it will stay fairly close to the skin as so many Creeds do. But I find myself sniffing my wrist often, and this transports me outside to a warm and sunny place, filled with seagulls and Jimmy Buffet songs. You can't go wrong with MI!
19th June, 2018
The opening is combining sweet and salty accords; it is crisp, fruity (melon), salty, sweet and green. It smells of a sunny day at the ocean. The scent is interesting and quite nice for a couple of hours after which it just becomes a banal musky/synthetic scent that barely stays on the skin.
13th June, 2018
Very pleasant and easy to wear. Nice melon vibe - perhaps watermelon, perhaps another type of melon - with aquatic notes. The drydown develops into a fade-to-white iris. This doesn't smell "of the 90s" like so many aquatics ended up being, but rather the mark of a true perfumer performing their craft well. It's timeless.

If this were a star-based review, I'd probably knock off a star for the performance, which isn't great. Here, though - it's not enough to knock it down to neutral. I'm glad to have this bottle in my collection.
30th March, 2018

Add your review of Millésime Impérial

Shop for Millésime Impérial products online

Creed Millesime Imperial 4oz

End Date: Saturday Oct-20-2018 8:15:14 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $199.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Creed Millesime Imperial Spray 4.0 fl. oz.

End Date: Saturday Oct-20-2018 10:50:38 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $285.03

Creed Millesime Imperial - 17ml Extract based Eau de Parfum, Fragrance Spray

End Date: Saturday Oct-20-2018 11:21:34 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $34.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

AUTHENTIC Creed Millesime Imperial - Travel Sample FAST FREE SHIPPING GOLD Batch

End Date: Saturday Oct-20-2018 14:46:56 PDT

Creed Millesime Imperial After-Shave Moisturiser 75ml (2.6 fl.oz) BNIB

End Date: Saturday Oct-20-2018 16:11:46 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $110.95
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

*NEW* Creed Millesime Imperial for Men 2.5 oz Millesime Spray 100% Authentic NIB

End Date: Saturday Oct-20-2018 16:59:35 PDT