Minotaure (1992)

SupplierCreations Aromatiques
PackagingPaloma Picasso
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Minotaure

The Minotaur is a reoccurring theme in Pablo Picasso's work, and this is where his daughter got the name for her only masculine fragrance. The name "Minotaure" is sculptured in the glass circling the whole bottle. The fragrance itself has citrus topnotes, herb heartnotes and basenotes of musk and amber.

Minotaure fragrance notes

Reviews of Minotaure

The original formulation is the world's best Creamsicle.
06th May, 2017
Minotaur has remained one of my top favorites and never fail go-to scent. Ever since I'd first smelled it in the 1990's, I've always been delighted by its balanced, dignified quality. Love the interplay between the citrus, lavender, vanilla, sandalwood and leather notes - a combo I tend to lean towards throughout the years in other fragrances. I thought this one was discontinued, or maybe it is? Anyhow, a signature scent for me!
07th December, 2016
Purchased at a discount online for only $20. I had read that this was a once great 90's fragrance, only to suffer from a reformulation change in the modern era. For the price I thought I would give it a try.

While never having smelled the original, the current version scent isn't bad at all. Very citrus-lavender opening, with hints of vanilla, leather and sandalwood underneath. I don't really detect much geranium or jasmine, but there is a little sweetness and gourmand like spice mixed into the middle. After about an hour it's mostly a vanilla, wood and spice skin scent.

It's a very nice scent, but doesn't give you much more than 2-3 hours of fragrance. I recommend a travel atomizer, so you can recharge as necessary.

I'll wear it this fall to dinner and a evening out, but can't see many other opportunities for it. If you can get it at a discount, it is very nice to wear while it's limited for wear.
07th October, 2016
once an heavy spicy vanilla/ leather oriental, after reform a utterly tamed ghost of the masterpiece this scent, now discontinued, once was.
Good duration and appreciable sillage only with heavy spraying!
04th February, 2016 (last edited: 03rd March, 2016)
I blind bought this, because a few Minotaure reviews seemed to strike a chord with me. I couldn't find any reasonably priced samples so I went with a 75ml bottle.

Paloma Picasso Minotaure... not that it's some ground breaking scent everyone should be clamoring for, but you can get it reasonably priced. One of the most pleasant, easy going and wearable fragrances I've come across having an interesting character -- not a bland aquatic modern fragrance by any means. I've worn it sparingly in warm weather, as it can get cloying if you apply liberally.

Paloma Picasso is Pablo Picasso's daughter. Apparently she had Minotaure produced in homage to her father, who had featured a mythical Minotaure creature (half man, half bull) in some of his art work. This is not a beastly fragrance... and so I wouldn't say it matches up with the theme. The bottle has the bold lettering of "Minotaure" raised out of the glass, giving it a wonderful old-world charm. I'm not one to be into heavy vanilla fragrances, but despite the high quantity of it in this fragrance, it works well. It doesn't come off cloying or gourmand. I'm one who is keen on sandalwood and this note does appear into the dry down, nicely paired up with the resins, fruits, and vanilla. A little soapy from the aldehydes, but manages to stay modern. Overall, a scent worth having if you can pick up the 75ml bottle for around $35 or less.
09th July, 2015
Marais Show all reviews
A smooth melange of leather, vanilla and sort-of-sandalwood. It's not too sweet but otherwise I would not call it dated in the least, despite its 1990s origin. It reminds me a bit of Jil Sander Man. Longevity is excellent as a smexy skin scent but projection is non-existent. An ideal scent for the smart superhero about town, but owing to its less than super performance, perhaps more suited to Robin than Batman. 3/5
26th June, 2015

Add your review of Minotaure

Shop for Minotaure products online

Shop for Minotaure at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Minotaure

Member images of Minotaure

There are no member images of Minotaure yet. Why not be the first?