Monsieur Jovan (1977)

HouseJovan
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty
Parent Company at launchJovan

About Monsieur Jovan

Monsieur Jovan is a masculine fragrance by Jovan. The scent was launched in 1977

Monsieur Jovan fragrance notes

Reviews of Monsieur Jovan

Monsieur Jovan.....is the great fragrance, a subtle and attractive scent. Mixed with the body heat is produces an air just enough to turn a head and make them want to follow or find out the point of origin. When I had access to this fragrance I only wore it 1-2 times per week to assure it kept its allure and mystery. It was almost like a magnet ...regardless of age 18 to 50+ would ask me what I was wearing. I was rather miffed when all of the sudden it seem to disappear ...for most of the time I spent years trying to find another to come close to this fragrance - to date -- I have found none to compare. Had I known it was going away I would have driven to the factory and bought at least 1-2 cases ... yes it is that good and I would still do it today should I ever find a stash ! LOL Cmon COTY INC ...test the market again --- just try it out for 1 year ( like start in October so you can catch the holiday crowd ) it WILL be a big hit ---you already have a market built in ! any one won was 15 to 30 in the late 70's and early 80's ! Internet sales ads will surely boost sales --- go for it ! ps : pls sign me up for a case. TY !!!!
29th April, 2007
I used to wear this when I was younger. I so wish they would bring this one back. It would definitely suit me. It for some reason reminds me of Terre de Bois by Miller Harris. Thumbs up.
benb
31st July, 2006
One of the classic Jovan fragrances. Those classic fragrances by Jovan in the 1970s and early 1980s were FANTASTIC. Who are the fools at Jovan (or the parent company) who disappointed so many avid wearers like me. Definitely a company who does not care about their "older" customers' likings.
15th April, 2006
I was disappointed with Coty corporation's choice to discontinue the bulk of the Jovan line ( 1990?). I wrote them a letter in 1998 and they answered a standard "not at this time" when asked about production of Monsieur Jovan. They did not allude to any future hope of finding it on store shelves. I started buying it in 1978 just after it was introduced to the public in 1977 and wore it exclusively for 17 years. i found it unavailable once and asked about it. i was told it was being discontinued. i had the store run a search and bought their remaining stock. I have 2 bottles of aftershave left and have just purchased a bottle of cologne off e-Bay. I have sent out feelers for a reproduction of the scent but so far no one has answered. I have not found anything on the market that smells anything like Monsieur Jovan and would welcome any input. Monsieur Jovan is a timeless, classic scent that should have gotten a better review and consideration from the Coty take-over. I know from experience it was in high demand in every store i ever found it. I was on a waiting list at one store for a while in the early 80's and i did not grow up in a small town. If Coty wanted to eliminate their compitition, i guess they did but they also lost potiential customers, like me, who are determined to keep what i like even if it means taking extrordinary measures. Why they kept such loud scents like "Musk" and did away with classic ones is a mystry to me. "Musk" is still available everywhere but i do not know anyone who would wear it. Feels like Coty isn't too bright in their marketing department or maybe they just could not afford the 'rights' to produce the entire line. Who knows. Hopefully, Coty will notice bulletins like this and take these reviews to heart.
06th September, 2005

Add your review of Monsieur Jovan

Shop for Monsieur Jovan products online

Search Amazon for Monsieur Jovan

Member images of Monsieur Jovan

There are no member images of Monsieur Jovan yet. Why not be the first?