Moschino pour Homme (1990)
by Moschino

Moschino pour Homme information

Year of Launch1990

HouseMoschino
Parent CompanyEuroitalia

About Moschino pour Homme

Moschino pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Moschino. The scent was launched in 1990

Moschino pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Moschino pour Homme

Moschino pour Homme is very much a leathery chypre, rather than an oriental. I do not get any oriental nuances here, any such element is definitely in the far background. Moschino pour Homme is firmly in the territories of leathery chypres such as Bandit, Derby and Bel Ami. It is closest to the latter. The mossy aspects are more prominent relative to vintage Bel Ami, but underplayed relative to other vintage mossy leathers such as Davidoff and Blend 30.

The key attribute to Moschino pour Homme is the great compositional balance, where a styrax driven leather accord rests harmoniously on a chypre foundation laced with a deft blend of herbs and florals. The floral aspects are hardly discernible, but add depth and complexity. The herbs add a cool, suave freshness that is retained throughout. There is almost no spicy element, unlike Bel Ami. The exploration of leather is also not as bold as in Bel Ami. Instead, it is almost as if Moschino pour Homme, released in 1990, offers a lens through which one can review and recap the diverse stylistic elements of masculine fragrances in the 70s and 80s.

Moschino pour Homme is refined, approachable, restrained and gentlemanly, but with adequate presence. It sits on one's skin with a soft but persistent sillage, and has a duration of about six to seven hours, which is adequate for its concentration. The only reason Moschino pour Homme doesn't get a higher rating is because of personal tastes - I find like it enough but not quite love it. This is perhaps my mind playing tricks - but Moschino pour Homme has a quality, perhaps an effortless demeanour, that takes it dangerously close to 'something classic, something Italian' territory.

Tip: If you're after Bel Ami (particularly earlier versions), I would strongly suggest to ignore the current Bel Ami, and sample (subject to budget) Puredistance M for 'vintage Bel Ami', Moschino pour Homme for 'Bel Ami light' and Bel Ami Vetiver for a nice modern twist on Bel Ami.

3.5/5 (positive)
29th August, 2017
Really nice potion! ;^> Reminds me a lot of Hermes Bel Ami and Creed’s Bois du Portugal, though having subtle distinctions that set it apart.

Long lasting, changing character in the wear cycle from spicy to a warmer quality. I prefer this to Uomo? Moschino, which is too soapy and weird for me.
10th March, 2017

One of the best in my collection, a great complex leather that is sophisticated, strong and virile. Previous notes descriptions are accurate along with very good projection and longevity.

I purchased a new in box sealed 100ml and the bottle is quite odd it's a vise versa bottle so it looks like it has a sprayer on both sides therefore can only be stored laying sideways. I keep it in it's box so it's not really a problem but not really practical, maybe a future collectable?

The last thing that I should mention is this is available at less than $1 per ml which is a steal and I'm sure this will be a sought after almost holy grail purchase in the future. Surprised it dosen't get more buzz from the community.
29th January, 2017
Just sublime.
02nd October, 2016 (last edited: 16th December, 2016)
Stardate: 20160713

A great spicy leather. But the best part is its development. Each stage is amazing from spicy to soapy to sweet. I just can't get enough of it.

And because it is so good it had to be discontinued. A pity.
Buy it. It is a steal at $1/ml.
13th July, 2016
I have worn this a few times from a decant, and it becomes fantastic as it develops. I have trouble smelling it initially, but after an hour or two, it blooms, and steals my heart, and makes me smile in the aura of its scent bubble. It smells classic, not modern. It transports me back to well before 1990 when it was released.

I think it's the carnation in the heart of this that I love, and that it's initially masked in the opening, perhaps by the mace.
04th July, 2016 (last edited: 03rd September, 2016)

Add your review of Moschino pour Homme

Shop for Moschino pour Homme products online

Search Amazon for Moschino pour Homme

Member images of Moschino pour Homme

There are no member images of Moschino pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?