Aqua Motu / Motu (1992)

Aqua Motu / Motu information

Year of Launch1992

HouseComptoir Sud Pacifique

About Aqua Motu / Motu

Aqua Motu / Motu is a masculine fragrance by Comptoir Sud Pacifique. The scent was launched in 1992

Aqua Motu / Motu fragrance notes

Reviews of Aqua Motu / Motu

Genre: Aquatic

Aqua Motu starts out smelling like "just another cucumber aquatic" on my skin. Given some time it evolves into a minty-fresh wood and citrus scent, with a healthy dash of seaweed and iodine thrown in. It reminds me very much of Beth Terry's Mare, only a little bit less lush and sweet. In fact, the two are close enough that I couldn't justify owning both.

Pleasant, but not worth the rash it gives me when I wear it.
10th June, 2014
Smells like wet sand and musty cigarette smoke.

If your idea of a 'beach scent' is the invocation of a miserable cold day spent by the sea followed by a night in a grubby nicotine stained B&B, then this is the scent for you.

I had to wash it off after an hour.
11th March, 2013
It is probably best not to examine the constituent parts of Aqua Motu too closely. The bottom line is that it works as a simple segue into a fresh, light and refreshing environment. The aquatic genre is not generally known as a seam of great creativity, but Aqua Motu is certainly a couple of clicks away from expected generic soup. This is Sud Pacifique getting it right, and I think is an example of what they try to achieve across the board. Motu is simply great fun, and I look forward to using it in the next heatave
29th January, 2013
An extremely synthetic and -- to me -- unrealistic beach scent, this fragrance uses an iodiney salt water accord similar to those I've smelled in many other marine fragrances which aim for realistic beach smells. For some reason, however, this one is far less effective on me than others in the same family have been. At first I can indeed smell what I suspect was the intended olfactory gestalt ("Oh, hey! It's briney salt water!"), but after a second or two, that marine accord then falls apart on me completely, fragmenting into a constellation of unrelated and not always pleasant scents: celery, hot vinyl car seats, modeling clay, the smoke from melting plastic.

The overall effect is rather sickening, and while I'm not usually bothered by synthetic aquatic accords -- the much-maligned Calone, for example, causes me no trouble at all -- this particular one leaves me feeling nauseated and headachey.

Fragrances that I've found far more successful at pulling off a realistic marine salt water effect include CB I Hate Perfume's Mr. Hulot's Holilday, and Profumum's Aqua di Sale. Of course, both of those fragrances do cost a whole lot more. I guess when it comes to convincing marine accords, sometimes you get what you pay for.
15th October, 2012
A very different perfume indeed.
Yes, I do smell the melon, cucumber, algae vibe, but to me the dominant note is coconut, although nobody seems to mention it.
And yes, you feel you were at the beach, you can smell the sun heated sand and the marine breeze, an unusual perfume to say the least.
The problem with this perfume is its poor sillage and longevity, for that reason I can not give it a thumbs up.
04th February, 2012
I rather pleasant fragrance with cucumbers, melon, fresh sweet seaweed & something cool in it as well. It's like sitting @ a lagoon enjoying the breeze of a warm day. It opens up lively with cucumber, melon & seaweed which last throughout the entire life of the fragrance which on me is between 4-5 hours.. That is my only complaint with this, so I am skeptical about purchasing a full bottle, however it is nice for casual summer wear but it did not win me over.... To bad it has the potential..
10th August, 2011

Add your review of Aqua Motu / Motu

Shop for Aqua Motu / Motu products online

Shop for Aqua Motu / Motu at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Aqua Motu / Motu

Member images of Aqua Motu / Motu

There are no member images of Aqua Motu / Motu yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Aqua Motu / Motu