Muscs Koublaï Khän (1998)
by Serge Lutens

Muscs Koublaï Khän information

Year of Launch1998

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Muscs Koublaï Khän

Muscs Koublaï Khän is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 1998 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Reviews of Muscs Koublaï Khän

I just love this one. Brings back memories of the 70's. It is just the perfect combo of civet, labdanum, amber, ambrette, patchouli, musk, and vanilla, on my skin. I don't smell any cumin - thank God. This overall, smells like a powdery sweet scent. Nothing skanky, do I smell.
28th August, 2018
If you look for a strong musk civet fragrance this is it.
Not for everyone not everywhere, though.
Strong personality, protagonist, If you can dress it the place it's ok and the people around the good one this is one of the best scents ever.
Otherwise it can result heavy and inappropriate.
I don't agree with other opinions about stinking fecal etc.

I like it but I guess I could dress it once a year.
27th February, 2018 (last edited: 01st March, 2018)
I consider Muscs Koublaï Khan to be a well done basic musk, that is versatile and engaging. It is rather straightforward to me - musk and florals. The musk is fresh but sensuous, with a touch of civet and castoreum that lend an animalic touch - clean but slightly edgy. I perceive a subdued note of rose that effortlessly blends in with the musk, and even complements it. I do not detect any spices or woods or leather - MKK has a solid focus on the musk with minimal distraction. I find sillage to be close but persistent, and duration to be over six hours on skin based on a generous application.

MKK is one of those simple fragrances done right with quality materials, and a few notches above the standard fare in terms of execution. For anyone familiar with Kiehl's Musk, which is fresh and summery, MKK can be imagined to be a slightly heavier autumnal version of Kiehl's. While overpriced for what it is, MKK is a must try for anyone looking for a robust musk fragrance for everyday use that is interesting, and becomes a second skin to the wearer.

3.5/5
17th September, 2017
Smells like sexual harassment.
30th August, 2017
This musk is of the variety that most people think of as musk. It is NOT white musk which smells clean like soap, but skanky musk like women wore in the 70s. Animalic and a bit of wax like crayons smell. Slight floral makes an appearance. Not my style, Reminds me of the 70s I smelled this odor every Sunday when older women sprayed fragrance to go to church or out to eat. Ironically it is a feminine fragrance more so than Masculine.
12th June, 2017
Musky crotch smell and then it just turns into something like a floral musk.

Strong projection and longevity.
09th April, 2017

Serge Lutens Decant from Palais Bottle

End Date: Sunday Dec-30-2018 10:00:08 PST
Buy It Now for only: $27.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Serge Lutens Muscs Koublai Khan 1ml Bottles New Authentic! Fast Shipping!

End Date: Wednesday Jan-2-2019 10:40:21 PST