Musk for Men (1974)

Parent Company at launchPfizer

About Musk for Men

Musk for Men is a masculine fragrance by Coty. The scent was launched in 1974

Reviews of Musk for Men

I like this stuff. A very basic male version of 'sweet'. Reminds me a little of Brut. Does NOT remind me of Canoe, which smells like cotton candy to me. Somewhat similar to Clubman, and and maybe less 'complex', but stronger and longer-lasting. Definitely not like Royal Copenhagen, which never did anything for me; neither did Jade East, as far as those 'types' of fragrances go. Also not like Jovan Musk for Men - also by Coty - which has some notes that I just don't like.
15th March, 2016
It smells pleasant
17th February, 2015 (last edited: 12th January, 2017)
I saw a bottle of this at Wal-Mart today while shopping for groceries. I hadn't worn any fragrance today and figured I'd spritz some on. I'm really loving it! I stopped by my mom's before hitting home and she commented on it, saying it reminded her of the 70's and that she liked it. It DOES bring me back to the 70's when I'd get cologne sets for Christmas with soap on a rope and talcum powder sets.

It's definitely a one-noter. The one note is good. Sweet. Clean. Masculine...but in an old school way, not like today's 'masculine' which is metrosexual and fraught with androgyny. Nothing wrong with being 'metrosexual' at all. Don't get me wrong. This is just straight up 'guy getting a shave at the barber'. Something very charming about it however dated it is.

It's not lasting very long. I sprayed the one blast on at 1:30 and at 5:30 it's barely hanging in there. At less than $10 for a bottle, I'm going back later to pick up a bottle. It'll be great for after the gym.
15th October, 2014
Tony T Show all reviews
a formidable barbershop/talc as simple as it gets. very clean and fresh. nice on a day you want something simple and plain to put on. nice for milder weather..
20th January, 2013
Pinaud Clubman minus most of Clubman’s endearing orange-citrus-something opener. This is a nice, sweet creamy synthetic talc, warm and unpretentiously simple. Pretty much no development, not that one would expect complexity and evolution from a $10 drug store fragrance. Pleasant and sweet, like a bag of twizzlers.
06th February, 2011
Swanky Show all reviews
Coty Musk For Men almost garners a thumbs-down from me for the following reasons. First, it's not a musk scent. It's a barbershop powder, pure and simple. Second, it's a barbershop powder, which means there are many, many products like it. The others have been around longer; in the case of Canoe, much longer. I love these fougeres that include Clubman by Pinaud, the aforementioned Canoe, Jade East, Royal Copenhagen (my fave along with Clubman), Fred Hayman's Touch For Men, et cetera. All of the foregoing are inexpensive, readily available and have formidable sillage and longevity. Since the Coty has neither of the latter two traits, I can't recommend it in any way. While it lasts its smells pretty good so I can't feed it to the lions but any of the other baby powder purveyors is a superior choice.
01st February, 2011