Nautica Classic (1992)

PerfumerRobert Gaudelli
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty
Parent Company at launchHalston Borghese

About Nautica Classic

Nautica Classic is a masculine fragrance by Nautica. The scent was launched in 1992 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Robert Gaudelli

Nautica Classic fragrance notes

Reviews of Nautica Classic

Reformulated and stripped down by Coty. Coty is MURDERING classic fragrances.
02nd July, 2017
One thing I'll never forget about Nautica Classic is just how much it was advertised.A lot in department stores and probably commercialized on TV more than a Skin Bracer commercial.Time has made this scent very affordable,back then it wasn't though

This stuff was the gift to upper middle class kids by parents who bought them what was in vogue at that timeframe.Tommy Hilfiger Jeans,Reebok Pump sneakers,a Vanilla-Ice haircut,and this cologne.They weren't speaking in Ebonics yet but you see where trends go mapping whom you are through mainstream media trends.So yes Nautica Classic invokes a memory lightly smelling this on people.

It wasn't until eight years ago that I bothered to try a sample of this scent.I got an oceanic scented laundry detergent from it as the base...highly synthetic.A chemical-washed sandalwood and a bitter citrus.It smells more pleasant on someone than it does actually wearing it in my opinion.It lacks creativity though as I feel aquatics seem so elementary to design versus actual craftsmanship in perfumery.Ice Blue by Aqua Velva smells richer than this stuff...but not as airy or windy like Nautica captures.On myself it doesn't seem to hang on more than an hour with low projection.No love lost there since I have no intention of buying it.On a side note it's crazy how pricey this cologne by Nautica used to be back then versus how cheap it is now.Amazing how trend can make people overlook scent quality.At least it's cheap now for those who like it.
16th January, 2017
This is more suitable for a Insect Repellent spray. Synthetic, cheap and horrible.
10th December, 2014
Still one of my most enjoyed fragrances and body spray. Among all that I own, this one never fails to elicit awesomeness. No need to analyze this as I thoroughly enjoy it. Always have. So natural and easy to wear. It is enigmatic and alluring with a cleanness unparalleled by most. Very unique.
21st December, 2013
Is this dated? Yes!
Are there better aquatics out there? Yes!
Is the projection and longevity sketchy? Yes!
Do I love this? Absolutely!

I first encountered this scent (and/or Joop!) in the early 1990s when I was in high school, and it brings back many fond memories of my teenage years. I would douse myself with this scent and go hangout at the mall with my buddies where we would strut around and try (in vain) to pick up girls. WE thought we were hot stuff, despite the fact that we had to call my mom for a ride.

This scent is pure 90s in it full aquatic glory. This and Cool Water are my coming of age scents. There are much better frags out there, but this is cheap and does the job. I just picked up a 3.4 oz bottle at Mrshalls for $16. For this price, I say it's a steal! Even if I only wore it one or twice, it is woth it!
15th May, 2013
I like it. It's a true aquatic (duhhh it's called nautica lol). Perfect for everyday use or when you don't wanna use your good stuff I suppose. Good for any age really. Nautica Blue is better and lighter.
05th December, 2012

Add your review of Nautica Classic

Shop for Nautica Classic products online

Shop for Nautica Classic at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Nautica Classic

Member images of Nautica Classic

There are no member images of Nautica Classic yet. Why not be the first?