Navegar (1998)

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Navegar

Navegar is a masculine fragrance by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1998 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti

Navegar fragrance notes

Reviews of Navegar

Lime, Cedar, Anise & Pepper... a woody fragrance for warmer weather!

Well, this one is a nice fragrance... but I find it a little light on my skin. What I get is the lime and anise, as well as the light rum, but it's mostly surrounded by cedarwood in the background. The fragrance is meant to evoke the age of travel in wooden sailing ships around the world to Asia, Africa & South America. I can see where they were coming from, but I have a feeling that this fragrance really needs hot weather to shine and reveal it's true colours. I do get most of the notes, and they are well blended for sure. But it's faint on my skin, and if I get the chance I would try it then. Although I'm sad to learn that it has been discontinued by L'Artisan Parfumeur. This is the third fragrance I've tried from them, and I still think they are a great house. But this one is better in hot weather for me, and sadly they don't make it anymore!
17th December, 2014
Navegar means seafaring, and was created with the celebration of the 500 years of the Portuguese arriving, by sea, surrounding all the African continent, to India.

And it does evoke seafaring. Reminds me of the sea, but also has clear notes of wood and spices (on me, mostly fragrant pepper mixed with wood and sea). An unusual combination which, on me, is a very calming, very soothing fragrance.

I think it is unisex and can be worn by women and men, and maybe even children.

A word of warning: if you have sensitive skin (like I have on my face) do not wear it on your sensitive areas. I am not sure if it is the pepper, but it makes my face red. I am lucky that my arms' skin is not sensitive and I wear it there and enjoy it deeply
01st November, 2014
bFlay Show all reviews
Christmas in a bottle! Very "winter" notes of spice and toasted nuts as well as an underlying mulled cider quality. Apple and cinnamon/nutmeg...anise and almonds. A lighter-than-usual note of patchouli and incense reminiscent of frankincense, but not at all heavy or smoky. I realize some of these notes are not listed in the profile, but, to my nose, they are there or at least the combined notes that evoke Christmas make it seem like all of those scents are there. NAVEGAR is very nice and unique. Sillage is not great and longevity is no more than 6 hours on clothes and skin. Probably a little limiting...but worth having on any sophisticated man's wardrobe.
16th August, 2014
Genre: Woods

My experience of the L'Artisan Parfumeur line is sharply divided. There are some I adore (Fou d'Absinthe, Tea for Two, Méchant Loup, Dzongkha); some I detest (Bois Farine, Piment Brûlant); some that disappear so quickly that I can't tell what I think (Dzing!, Passage d'Enfer); and several that just bore me (L'Eau d'Ambre, Ambre Extreme, Safran Troublant, Anans Fizz). To the last group I now add Navegar. On my skin Navegar starts out as a standard issue aquatic, with quiet cucumber-melon overtones and just a hint of floral sweetness in the background. Cedar, and then vanilla enter the mix within a few minutes, and there the fragrance stays for an hour or so, before exiting on a flimsy cedar raft. It's pleasant, it's inoffensive, but it's nothing I can get myself worked up about.
21st June, 2014
One of my favourite masculine fragrances, Navegar is said to celebrate the prowess of the Portugese navy in a bygone era. And by and large it succeeds, in evoking sailing ships, a salty tang of wind in the sails, weathered timbers and old rope
30th April, 2014
Welcome to Fantasy Island...

Green galbanum opening followed by a tart lime and something mildly peppery melony sweet. Smelling NAVEGAR for the first time conjures up an image of a deliciously refreshing concoction of lime-infused anise-sweetened liquor, an exotic drink inhabitants of some lost paradise might serve as a welcoming gesture. I found myself relaxing, thoroughly enjoying the fragrance's laid-back charm despite the typical L'Artisan Parfumeurs' issues with projection and longevity.

Pros: Delicious skin scent
Cons: Projects minimally"

05th September, 2013

Add your review of Navegar

Shop for Navegar products online

Shop for Navegar at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Navegar

Member images of Navegar

There are no member images of Navegar yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Navegar