Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 182 ratings

Navegar Fragrance Notes

Navegar information

Navegar is a men's fragrance by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1998

Shop for Navegar products online

100ml EdT

Reviews of Navegar

Showing 1 to 6 of 42 reviews.

theUntrainedNose's avatar

Navegar means seafaring, and was created with the celebration of the 500 years of the Portuguese arriving, by sea, surrounding all the African continent, to India.

And it does evoke seafaring. Reminds me of the sea, but also has clear notes of wood and spices (on me, mostly fragrant pepper mixed with wood and sea). An unusual combination which, on me, is a very calming, very soothing fragrance.

I think it is unisex and can be worn by women and men, and maybe even children.

A word of warning: if you have sensitive skin (like I have on my face) do not wear it on your sensitive areas. I am not sure if it is the pepper, but it makes my face red. I am lucky that my arms' skin is not sensitive and I wear it there and enjoy it deeply

01st November, 2014

bFlay's avatar

Christmas in a bottle! Very "winter" notes of spice and toasted nuts as well as an underlying mulled cider quality. Apple and cinnamon/nutmeg...anise and almonds. A lighter-than-usual note of patchouli and incense reminiscent of frankincense, but not at all heavy or smoky. I realize some of these notes are not listed in the profile, but, to my nose, they are there or at least the combined notes that evoke Christmas make it seem like all of those scents are there. NAVEGAR is very nice and unique. Sillage is not great and longevity is no more than 6 hours on clothes and skin. Probably a little limiting...but worth having on any sophisticated man's wardrobe.

16th August, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

My experience of the L'Artisan Parfumeur line is sharply divided. There are some I adore (Fou d'Absinthe, Tea for Two, Méchant Loup, Dzongkha); some I detest (Bois Farine, Piment Brûlant); some that disappear so quickly that I can't tell what I think (Dzing!, Passage d'Enfer); and several that just bore me (L'Eau d'Ambre, Ambre Extreme, Safran Troublant, Anans Fizz). To the last group I now add Navegar. On my skin Navegar starts out as a standard issue aquatic, with quiet cucumber-melon overtones and just a hint of floral sweetness in the background. Cedar, and then vanilla enter the mix within a few minutes, and there the fragrance stays for an hour or so, before exiting on a flimsy cedar raft. It's pleasant, it's inoffensive, but it's nothing I can get myself worked up about.

21st June, 2014

kingofengland's avatar

One of my favourite masculine fragrances, Navegar is said to celebrate the prowess of the Portugese navy in a bygone era. And by and large it succeeds, in evoking sailing ships, a salty tang of wind in the sails, weathered timbers and old rope

30th April, 2014

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

Welcome to Fantasy Island...

Green galbanum opening followed by a tart lime and something mildly peppery melony sweet. Smelling NAVEGAR for the first time conjures up an image of a deliciously refreshing concoction of lime-infused anise-sweetened liquor, an exotic drink inhabitants of some lost paradise might serve as a welcoming gesture. I found myself relaxing, thoroughly enjoying the fragrance's laid-back charm despite the typical L'Artisan Parfumeurs' issues with projection and longevity.

Pros: Delicious skin scent
    Cons: Projects minimally"

05th September, 2013

Tony T's avatar

faint lime and highly concentrated anise opening. also the pepper is light in my eyes. the base notes should be the star but play 3rd string to the anise.very disappointing looking at the promising pyramid and not smelling anything really but anise.

11th March, 2013

Add your review of Navegar

Search for on eBay United States

L'ARTISAN PARFUMEUR, Navegar, 50ml, 65%, discontinued and HTF!
    • Listing Type: Buy it Now
    • Time Left: 2 days
    Ebay United States
    (Shipping from United States)