Nightflight (1992)

Year of Launch1992

Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchBenckiser > Lancaster Group

About Nightflight

A fresh fougere fragrance by Joop! The bottle is similar in style to Joop! Homme but it's midnight blue with a star pattern. The scent is designed to envoke the "mystery, magic and refreshment of a sparkling midnight blue night."

Nightflight fragrance notes

Reviews of Nightflight

Nightflight was a date night staple of mine back in the 90s. It was well received then and I got curious to see if it still had any magic 20 years later, so I bought a mini bottle and put it into a spray atomizer to see if I still liked it. To my surprise, it doesn't smell dated like some scents from the past. Its still fresh and sweet, with just a little spice. Wife said she liked it to, so I'm happy I still have some of this on hand. Projects very well and lasts all day on me. Probably suits summer best because I don't think of this as "heavy" but could be nice in colder months as well.
27th July, 2016
Thrilled to pieces to find that I could get my hands on a cute little bottle of Nightflight, and even more thrilled to find I'm not the only fan! I was half expecting that it wouldn't appeal to me, almost 25 years later, but I still have the nostalgic soft spot for the synthetic, soapy-clean fragrances of my pre-teen years. This was the first fragrance I found and chose!
I also detest Cool Water, and while there's am undeniable link, this is just so much more appealing.
The opening of bergamot, green/underripe citrus, and undeniably synthetic soapy "blue"-ness is... Well, not "sublime", but wonderful. I'm going to continue wearing this, because I am completely missing the pineapple here. It dries down into coumarin/tonka/almondine (like almond extract) on my skin but without making my teeth hurt.
Fantastically fake. Love it!
03rd June, 2016
Better than the original but not sure how I feel about this one. It does smell of a little wet dog from the bottle. It reminds me a lot of Diesel Fuel for Life without the rasberry note. I don't get much pineapple/bergamot from this although I could tell they are there somewhere. I got the large bottle for 13USD and will use it up when i want a change of pace. It is very flowery. Those who like aspects of the original Joop but not the whole creation might like this one.
09th December, 2015
This along with CoolWater started the super fresh and somewhat sweet era that followed in the late 90s and 2000s.

Sparkling fruits but not sickly at all. It bears faint resemblance to the original Joop! except this reels in that oh so sweet goodness and subs it with sparkling shimmerings that last a long time. It's like a sparkling drink with 10% fruit juice. I like it because it works very well in today's fragrance landscape, 20 plus years later. For the price it is a steal.
18th August, 2015
Another imitation of Calvin Klein's Eternity for Men. If I smell them right next to each other I can detect the differences, but the differences aren't enough to be overly concerned with.
26th June, 2015
This is a really great scent, fresh as morning dew. I first picked up a bottle in the mid 90's in the original Joop years and loved it so much it found its way back into my collection now. Nightflight still has that mesmerizing first hit that keeps me coming back for more.
06th March, 2015

Add your review of Nightflight

Shop for Nightflight products online

Shop for Nightflight at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Nightflight

Member images of Nightflight

There are no member images of Nightflight yet. Why not be the first?