Nine Flags: Sweden - Clear Spruce (1965)
    by Colton

Average Rating:

Nine Flags: Sweden - Clear Spruce Fragrance notes

Clear Spruce

Nine Flags: Sweden - Clear Spruce information

Nine Flags: Sweden - Clear Spruce is a men's fragrance by Colton. The scent was launched in 1965

Reviews of Nine Flags: Sweden - Clear Spruce

Showing 1 to of 3 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative No Negative Reviews

rjterpstra's avatar

This one was without a doubt the BEST fragrance of the set! I still have my last bottle, with about 1/4" of liquid in it. On a very special occasion, I'll dab a drop or two on my face. It will eventually be gone.
    I won't pay the ridiculous prices ($499) for a set of these I see on Ebay, but I'd be willing to pay good money for a current fragrance that was close to Sweden.

There must be more fans like us out there. Why wouldn't some company do a limited 'throw-back' kind of promotion and make some more for a limited time?

07 December, 2013

Mysticman's avatar

Nine Flags: Sweden - Clear Spruce is like a Swedish cousin of Pino Silvestre or Puig's Agua Brava. More subtle than its Italian and Spanish relatives, it has a similar opening of citrus and lavender that quickly blooms into a woody and coniferous heart with some spicy touches as well --- perhaps some carnation or ylang-ylang? It's fairly linear after that, and while the formulation is light, on my skin it lasts quite well, but at a subdued level. One of my favorites of the original Nine Flags.

20th February, 2012

awayalonealong's avatar

More reminiscence than review:
    I would love to smell this old favorite again, though I'm not sure a department store frag of the 60s could hold up for over 40 years. In high school, this frag (among others in the series) was magical. It was strong, biting, deeply wooded--and I lived next door to an enormous boreal forest in northern Minnesota, much like that of Sweden. I recall how careful I was about using it because it bore not a little resemblance to gin. I would reserve it for days when I felt angry about school and didn't care if someone thought I'd been drinking.
    Nostalgia is terribly forgiving. Had I a fresh bottle of this frag today, I might find it unwearable. But I don't have a fresh bottle and that's not a bad thing. It lets me savor a strong olfactory memory that incorporates both a smell and a spirit of the time.

09 February, 2011