Le Nomade (2000)

HouseD'Orsay

About Le Nomade

Le Nomade is a masculine fragrance by D'Orsay. The scent was launched in 2000

Reviews of Le Nomade

The current version of Le Nomade by the formerly relevant French house of Parfums d’Orsay opens as a professional floor and windows cleaning detergent accidentally mixed with a drugstore spicy-woody scent, plaguing your nostrils with a brash slap of denatured alcohol scented with creamy lime, a cheap musk-rose note infused with synthetic vetiver and a sort of sweetish-spicy accord smelling halfway a powdery fudge praline crossed with dry culinary herbs and spices. Sweetish, woody, musky, spicy, slightly floral and milky-greenish, each facet pointing to a different direction as a multi-eyed cross-eyed fella. Once it settles on skin and stabilizes a bit, things won’t get that better - or well, just a bit, as it basically becomes a dull and cheap powdery vetiver-musk scent with a nondescript spicy head accord and a touch of musky rose, but at least it’s wearable. And so remains for hours. I don’t really see the connection to Déclaration though, to me this smells just more like a clumsy musky-spicy variation around synthetic vetiver, with a persistent sweetish-powdery feel and an unrelated touch of lime-green milkiness (reminding me quite a a bit of Kenzo Jungle pour Homme). Calling this “aromatic” is a stretch beyond generosity anyway, it’s just a cheap flat nonsense which may have been done by any low-key designer. It’s so sad to see such clueless people running ex-glorious brand like this.

4,5/10
21st November, 2015
To me, the closest scent to Le Nomade would be ... Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch. I don't really see any Cartier in there. Still, while Fierce is quite noisy (but nice), Le Nomade is much more subtle. I like it so much that I just bought a bottle.
13th April, 2012
A toned down version of Declaration. A short-lived spicy-woody concoction that has a quite catching opening but, overall, it's far from being original or particularly interesting. My biggest disappointment comes with the drydown (that occours pretty soon), where Le Nomade turns to a pale and clean woody-musk that's way too generic. Not completely bad but let's face it, in this genre we can have much better options.

08th September, 2011
motown Show all reviews
I love this smell! Le Nomade has a very refined spicy sweetness, a woody vetyver base and a silky butter like texture. It feels like a classy scent that one can wear for an evening out. I enjoy all of the Cartier fragrances, but I don't find Nomade to be very close to any of them. Declaration by Cartier stays up at night, envious, wishing it could have the refined softness of Le Nomade. Of course, Le Nomade stays up at night, crying, wishing it could have the sillage and longevity of other fragrances.
20th November, 2009
I don't know what everybody else is smelling but this is an amazing woody vetiver with a very good longevity on me. Le Nomade does not remind me any of Cartier's fragrances at all. I love Declaration and the L'Essence version as well as Santos and Eau de Cartier. This is a heavenly scent that reminded me more of the Elternhaus Unifaith fragrance I love so dearly (minus the incense). This is the kind of vetiver fragrance that appeals to me. I likve wearing vetiver scents in the evening because I find them relaxing and Le Nomade is perfect for me for that situation.
10th September, 2008
JaimeB Show all reviews
Parfums d'Orsay
Le Nomade
(2000)
Top Notes: Berries, Cardamom, Coriander
Middle Notes: Patchouli, Vetiver, Cedar
Base Notes: Bergamot, Coriander, Sage, White Musk

This is a spicy, woody scent that seems to be seeking its way, and almost manages to find it. The notes are classic for the genre, and the opening is very effective. Once, I sprayed it on at the gym, and the dude a couple of lockers down asked me if it was Cartier. I have to admit, it does bear a superficial resemblance to Eau de Cartier, especially the Concentrée version, but it doesn't have the legs. I wish this lasted longer on my skin, because the opening notes are so promising, but alas! It misses the boat. It just needs something warmer, perhaps a touch of florals, and some decent projection and reinforcement in the base to keep it going.
24th July, 2008

Add your review of Le Nomade

Shop for Le Nomade products online

Shop for Le Nomade at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Le Nomade

Member images of Le Nomade

There are no member images of Le Nomade yet. Why not be the first?