Nomade (2000)

Based on 17 ratings

Nomade information

Nomade is a men's fragrance by D'Orsay. The scent was launched in 2000

Reviews of Nomade

Showing 1 to 6 of 7 reviews.
    positive 3 Positive Reviewsneutral4 Neutral Reviewsnegative No Negative Reviews

martin's avatar

To me, the closest scent to Le Nomade would be ... Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch. I don't really see any Cartier in there. Still, while Fierce is quite noisy (but nice), Le Nomade is much more subtle. I like it so much that I just bought a bottle.

13 April, 2012

alfarom's avatar

A toned down version of Declaration. A short-lived spicy-woody concoction that has a quite catching opening but, overall, it's far from being original or particularly interesting. My biggest disappointment comes with the drydown (that occours pretty soon), where Le Nomade turns to a pale and clean woody-musk that's way too generic. Not completely bad but let's face it, in this genre we can have much better options.

08 September, 2011

motown's avatar

I love this smell! Le Nomade has a very refined spicy sweetness, a woody vetyver base and a silky butter like texture. It feels like a classy scent that one can wear for an evening out. I enjoy all of the Cartier fragrances, but I don't find Nomade to be very close to any of them. Declaration by Cartier stays up at night, envious, wishing it could have the refined softness of Le Nomade. Of course, Le Nomade stays up at night, crying, wishing it could have the sillage and longevity of other fragrances.

20th November, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar

I don't know what everybody else is smelling but this is an amazing woody vetiver with a very good longevity on me. Le Nomade does not remind me any of Cartier's fragrances at all. I love Declaration and the L'Essence version as well as Santos and Eau de Cartier. This is a heavenly scent that reminded me more of the Elternhaus Unifaith fragrance I love so dearly (minus the incense). This is the kind of vetiver fragrance that appeals to me. I likve wearing vetiver scents in the evening because I find them relaxing and Le Nomade is perfect for me for that situation.

10th September, 2008

JaimeB's avatar

Parfums d'Orsay
    Le Nomade
    (2000)
    Top Notes: Berries, Cardamom, Coriander
    Middle Notes: Patchouli, Vetiver, Cedar
    Base Notes: Bergamot, Coriander, Sage, White Musk

This is a spicy, woody scent that seems to be seeking its way, and almost manages to find it. The notes are classic for the genre, and the opening is very effective. Once, I sprayed it on at the gym, and the dude a couple of lockers down asked me if it was Cartier. I have to admit, it does bear a superficial resemblance to Eau de Cartier, especially the Concentrée version, but it doesn't have the legs. I wish this lasted longer on my skin, because the opening notes are so promising, but alas! It misses the boat. It just needs something warmer, perhaps a touch of florals, and some decent projection and reinforcement in the base to keep it going.

24 July, 2008

Joe_Frances's avatar

Nomade by D'Orsay is a mildly woody, slightly sweet modern fragrance that is perfectly all right. I know that this is not exactly a stunning endorsement, but I realize my nose is "generationally challenged". I am over 50 and happy to be so, but I am just not into the contemporary fragrance scene. I think Nomade has more than a touch of personality in a world full of "me too" washed out aquatics, but it is still a bit too sweet and a little too tame to interest me greatly. It is a D'Orsay fragrance without any pretense of historical antecedents. I works well, I would think, for young guys who can wear tight little suits without socks and not look silly or uncomfortable. For this group it is a very good scent, and better than most. It is right up there with Anvers2, which is also a very good.

20th September, 2006 (Last Edited: 10th December, 2010)

Add your review of Nomade