Nutmeg & Ginger (1990)

HouseJo Malone London
PerfumerJo Malone
Parent CompanyEstee Lauder Companies

About Nutmeg & Ginger

Nutmeg & Ginger is a shared / unisex perfume by Jo Malone London. The scent was launched in 1990 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jo Malone

Reviews of Nutmeg & Ginger

Spicy, fresh fragrance from Jo Malone which, indeed, feature Nutmeg & Ginger with slight support from sandalwood and cedar. Marked as unisex, I find that it leans masculine.

This one isn't loud nor brash by any means. It is actually slightly tamed in overall strength, remaining above skinscent. Pretty straightforward, and as such may alienate or disappoint some wearers.

It feels fit for mixing with other Jo Malone scents, which I know many have done.

07th October, 2018
This is a very light, fresh, almost summery scent. I was hoping for more of an autumn, pumpkin spice latte type of thing (I know, I know.)

It doesn't last super long. I don't mind reapplying, because it's not too strong so I'm not worried I'll leave a cloud of perfume that lingers in the room after I've sprayed.

I got it as a sample at Nordstroms, and I won't be purchasing a full bottle. But I will use this sample up for sure! The salesperson told me it might be discontinued soon.
14th September, 2017
Sparkling fresh opening with lots of ginger and nutmeg, dries down to a mild woody, dry and spicy scent with some sweetness added from the sandalwood. The opening is very fresh and aromatic, a real stunner. Too bad the initial sparkle goes away with time and it all goes downhill for me.
24th March, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
The nutmeg is really well done and convincing and blends well with the ginger, the latter being gentler, less sharp and less dominating that in many other ginger-based scents. There is little development otherwise, and even for layering it is a bit unexciting. A lineball between thumbs up and neutral so far, but the decent silage and projection of four hours on my skin tilt it towards the positive side.
13th December, 2012
Ah, the first "niche" scent I ever bought and fell in love with. It's so simple compared to the weird chemical-stew aquatics I was wearing at the time, starting off with a bright blast of slightly lemony ginger, made slightly sparkly with a touch of aldehydes before fading into a subtle nutmeg smell, like sniffing the nut itself instead of the dried powder. There are subtle hints of mace in the background giving it a slight cinnamon undertone while the lingering aldehydes temporarily give it a quiet gelatin feel, but it's really just as advertised, nutmeg and ginger.

I really like this one and would recommend it to ginger fans especially, but I must admit that I think it's a bit flawed when looked at from a technical perspective. The ginger topnotes are extremely bright while the nutmeg is quite subtle, so you really have to spray a lot to get any longevity out of it, but when you spray a lot, the ginger is nose-searingly explosive and borders on painful or sneezy. Even so, I still love it and happily give it a thumbs up, though people less ginger-obsessed will probably find it fleeting and unnecessary.
26th November, 2012
Great for layering (makes an exquisite mix with JM Pomegranate Noir). Alone, it doesn't warrant the price tag. It is less ginger, more nutmeg, and very pleasant — about 1/2 the price pleasant.
23rd June, 2012

Jo Malone London Nutmeg and Ginger 100ml unboxed

End Date: Tuesday Apr-16-2019 11:49:54 PDT
Buy It Now for only: $69.99

Member images of Nutmeg & Ginger

There are no member images of Nutmeg & Ginger yet. Why not be the first?