Ô de Lancôme (1969)

PerfumerRobert Gonnon
PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group

About Ô de Lancôme

Okay, so we know this is a female fragrance but we don't care! Its suitable for unisex wear in our opinion. Ideal if you fancy a citrus scent that's going to be different.

Ô de Lancôme fragrance notes

Reviews of Ô de Lancôme

Dark citrus with a touch of florals.
After a regular cologne, the moss in Ô makes it feel like sunglasses on a bright day.
****
25th May, 2015 (last edited: 05th August, 2015)
Citrus chypres are rather common in the world of scent, stretching from the 1920s (R&G's LE JADE) through the 1990s (Gres' HOMME DE GRES).

O DE LANCOME is one of these with a light citrus burst that calms down to an oak moss, vetiver and labdanum chypre.

They are all perfectly likable and very much like each other. One of the simplest formulas in the perfume world, but done well, the best type of summer scent imaginable.

This one is as competent as the others. Thumbs up on its own merits, as it would be unfair to take it down a notch because of its lack of originality.

Turin gives it three stars and names it a "fresh citrus," while Herman praises its "tart, green, herbal dry down."
08th July, 2014
I cannot bear to give Ô de Lancôme anything but a thumbs up, but that is for the old one, the vintage, the pre-reformulation fragrance. Ô de Lancôme used to be one of my favourite scents for summer and sports – refreshing citrus with the most gorgeous, soft and sexy sandalwood drydown. The wave of reformulations round about 2010 hit Ô de Lancôme as well, and left what is an insult to both the old fragrance and those who loved it. Its new version is a sharp, charmless, lemony washing-up liquid, not to be recommended. Best not dwell on that though, but to remember the dreaminess of the Ô de Lancôme that used to be...
30th May, 2014
sfmedusa Show all reviews
This is for the pre-2000 formulation.

This is a summer staple and is just wonderful when the weather is making everybody a bit torpid and droopy. A very smart pick me up for the nose which then drifts off gently into oakmoss, musk and wood.

The longevity isn't as long as I'd like, but this comes in such large bottles that it's no problem to reapply during the day and give your nose and brain that sharp sting of green and citrus again on a warm afternoon.
19th April, 2014
I've had this bottle now for about ten years. It's hardly been used and has been kept in dark places so hasn't lost any of its character.

To be honest, it was bought for me and I initially did find it overpowering, which is why I didn't throw myself into using it. Glad I kept it though as it's actually growing on me now and I'm finding I'm using it more often.

Going to stick with it and enjoy rediscovering i!t
28th March, 2013
Ummm.... has anyone stopped at the Lancome counter recently?? They reissued this with a new bottle and it says right on the tester that the bottle is new but the juice is the same..... NOT! it is not nearly as green and now where near as strong.... even the SA said it is not the same...??? TYPICAL!!!
24th July, 2011 (last edited: 02nd August, 2011)

Add your review of Ô de Lancôme