Average Rating: 2.5

Based on 12 ratings

Ocean information

Ocean is a unisex fragrance by Demeter Fragrance Library.

Shop for Ocean products online

Reviews of Ocean

Showing 1 to of 6 reviews.
    positive 4 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 2 Negative Reviews

zenpiper's avatar

It smells nothing like the ocean. But I like it. It's very pleasant, a tiny bit sweet, and with something in it that is a bit like incense - along the lines of Creed Vintage Tabarome. It does not last very long, but the dry down leaves a lovely and inviting scent. It's my go-to fragrance these days.

13 March, 2011

Atlantaloves's avatar

Ahhhhhhh I totally love this perfume. I only wear light fresh scents, and this is perfect for those of you that like a very green light perfume. I also recommend Swimming Pool and Salt Air by Demeter. You get a big bang for your buck with their scent line.

29 May, 2010

ArieAsha's avatar

OH, how I Love the scent of this perfume! I actually am glad it is not wildly popular; I don't want to smell it on everyone I meet.
    Perhaps the chemistry of my body and the scent work well; I just Adore it. Am on my way to purchase More, actually~ YaY!!! : D

10th March, 2009

I donít know what it is about this scent, but itís one of the few Demeters that I feel strongly negative about. I get some salt; I get an awful lot of synthetics that I donít find very attractive. I get a bit of dusty something, or is that supposed to be the sand? Then thereís that rotting smell that has been mentionedÖ I donít mind that smell when Iím at the ocean but I do mind the version of it that I smell with this fragrance. Iím a fan of most Demeters, but not this one.

22 November, 2008

Amberflash's avatar

Tanning skin, salt, ozone, wet sand, marine water... and just a touch of seaweed? Driftwood? A highly wonderful, amazing marine/beach scent that is most likely highly underrated because it's a Demeter. But surprise! The longevity is GREAT. The smell, while simple and without much evolution, lasts in its entireity for hours and hours. Recommended for beachy lovers!

10th May, 2007

Caltha's avatar

Sweden Sweden

I don't really like the ocean or the smell of it much. I think it mostly smells like rottening seaweed and seafood. I much prefer lakes and streams. Demeter's Ocean sure smells rottening, but not like the ocean, more like a compost pile. After about a minute it changes into a bitter vetivery scent much like the drydown of Firefly. Utterly horrible, just like decaying plants.

29 July, 2006