Old Spice (1937)
by Procter & Gamble (originally by Shulton)

Old Spice information

Year of Launch1937

HouseProcter & Gamble
Originally byShulton
PerfumerAlbert Hauck

About Old Spice

One of the classic men's fragrances. Introduced by Shulton in the thirties.
Many collect Old Spice memorabilia, such as shaving bowls and bottles.
The Old Spice brand is now owned by Procter & Gamble.

Reviews of Old Spice

The stuff is classic... What else is there to say?
The original Shulton is what I'm talkin about here people! I work as a firefighter in a busy city so needless to see if I'm going to smell like something other than smoke it better be masculine. I'm a younger guy so I don't overdo it but the senior men appreciate the classic vibe as it relates to a strong physical work ethic and overall masculine nostalgia. Some things never die.
20th August, 2016
I respect everyone's views on this fragrance ..if you don't like it then fair enough but for me to give this fragrance a bad review I'd feel pretty evil ..I can't begin to imagine the good times men have had while wearing this through the ages ..it's like critisising a Swiss army knife or a nice pair of levis..old spice has been a man's best friend and has kept the population growing for decades.
24th July, 2016
I love it, fresh clean not overpowering, and perfect. It takes a certain individual to wear this scent and pull it off. The drydown is where the magic happens in this scent. One of the best scents ever made
11th July, 2016
I have to give it a thumbs up just for its staying power. I wouldn't wear it now unless I was really nostalgic. It was spicy, cinnamon, oak moss, a real man's fragrance. Everyone's grandfather and father smelled of this in the 50s-80s. Make fun of it if you want, but it has been around longer than most of us have.
28th June, 2016
Best tag line on a fragrance.

"If your grandfather hadn't worn it, you wouldn't exist".
22nd April, 2016
The Vintage of this from the 60's is absolutely stunning. It was the Signature of my Grandfather.
He was devoted to my Grandmother and still all women appreciated his Gentlemanly charm. Old Spice brings back memories of his huge, physically strong hands holding my tiny ones. He would put a small dot in my palm and I would splash it on my cheeks. It would last all day.
I have an 80's bottle that I keep, however it pales. It lacks the depth, sillage and longevity of the old stuff.
The closest I have found to the original is O'Driu's Peety (without personal additions)
Some have said that the juice produced in India retains the Old Spice Character. I have yet to try it.
21st February, 2016 (last edited: 22nd June, 2016)

Add your review of Old Spice