Olympios (1994)

Parent Company at launchKelemata > Orlane

About Olympios

Olympios is a masculine fragrance by Missoni. The scent was launched in 1994

Reviews of Olympios

I’ve been quite on a “vintage Fahrenheit craze” lately, since I’ve been finally able to stock a decent pile of backups of it, and I wore it quite often. Besides granting me hours of sinful delight, that helped me also in assessing something I wanted to check since long time –if, and how much Olympios Missoni is actually similar to vintage Fahrenheit. I own and quite like Olympios since a couple of years, and before getting some bottles lately, I only vaguely remembered vintage Fahrenheit, so I was unsure of what to think about the relationship between the two. But I was quite sure that as other reviewers mentioned, the two fragrances were quite similar. Well in fact, now that I can compare them, they are indeed. The bone-structure is clearly the same: violet, herbs, cedar, powdery flowers, a hint of leather, moss, altogether creating a similar sort of “dark terpenic violet” atmosphere.

Still, there is enough difference to avoid any redundancy (well, sort of); Fahrenheit is decidedly more powdery, gassier and darker, and way more rich and complex, while Olympios is quite more simple, more herbal, drier and quite more bitter too, ultimately a bit cheaper as well. It feels like taking inspiration from the general genius structure of Fahrenheit, bringing it on an “easier” territory, both notes-wise and quality-wise. Nonetheless I would consider it a little true keeper, as it smells basically like a sort of bitter-herbal flanker of vintage Fahrenheit, both fresher and drier at once. I wouldn’t ever recommend this as a replacement for the immense, out-of-this-world intricated beauty of vintage Fahrenheit, but it’s surely a little fascinating gem that would make a perfect “discarded flanker” of it.

25th October, 2015 (last edited: 26th October, 2015)
Vintage Fahrenheit in disguise

close your eyes, it's Fahrenheit in the Eighties.

Olympios was a flop, due to its similitudine to Dior's classic, but it had to be re-discovered now.

31st August, 2013
A vintage Fahrenheit clone. I could probably end my review here but time and certain circumstances can change my perception and evaluation of this composition. Let's say you're looking for a vintage bottle of Fahrenheit and can't find it anywhere but you see Olympios available at a resonable price...go ahead as this is possible the closest thing to vintage Fahrenheit.

22nd November, 2011
Aaaa haaaaaaaa !!!
Fahrenheit Supreme without the gasoline .
Smooth , sexy & long lasting.
Basenotes needs toknow about this hidden gem .
18th September, 2011 (last edited: 30th November, 2011)
This is a very, nice warm, spicy, woody scent and as long as you don't's a wonderful, unique scent. Thumbs up...but a little goes a long way! Joshaugustt
21st December, 2005
This is what Fahrenheit should have been!
In the same line as Fahrenheit, but *much* better!
Less rubbery, more leathery.
Less floral, more spicy.
A very nice scent! (had to find though!)
15th November, 2003

Add your review of Olympios

Shop for Olympios products online

Search Amazon for Olympios

Member images of Olympios

There are no member images of Olympios yet. Why not be the first?