Opium pour Homme (1995)
    by Yves Saint Laurent

Opium pour Homme Fragrance Notes

Opium pour Homme information

A very sweet oriental fragrance. Opium Homme is the male counterpart to the original Opium (Ladies).
    The Opium fragrances were banned in some countries because of the name.

Shop for Opium pour Homme products online

Reviews of Opium pour Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 124 reviews.

HickorySmoke420's avatar
    HickorySmoke420

Amazing strong scent for a cold/dry day. Works well sprayed under layers and lasts all day long. I find myself wearing this when, I know damn well, I'm going to be outside a lot on a cold ass day.

I definitely have to be in the mood for this powerhouse.
    Keeps good...I still have a bottle of the original form and it smells fantastic.
    Very unique scent.

15 February, 2014

MrMookie's avatar
    MrMookie

Sharp oriental

YSL's Opium and Boucheron Jaipur are my 2 beloved designer oriental treasures of all time.

Where Jaipur is perfect for summer this is a autumn / winter oriental and will be killing in the sun
    Its a compliment getter for sure i imagine an indian prince getting a full body massage from his feminine staff with etherical oils of all spices of India.
    It puts a warm sulty glow around you wearing it. great combination of spice 'n fruits and herbs.
    And guess what! i bought a bottle (old reformulation) for cheap :-)

TIP:Dont use it in hot,warm weather its so harsh then it breaks apart and gets cloying.

Pros: Big oriental
    Cons: Harsh"

25 August, 2013

ubergeek's avatar
    ubergeek

Somewhat disappointing

I tried really hard to like this fragrance but in all honestly I can't say that I do.

I know that patchouli is not listed among the basenotes but patchouli or something like it is there in massive quantities on the bottom. There's a bitter earthy basenote that overpowers everything else and the longer you wear this the worse it gets.

Opium Pour Homme is not terrible but I find it hard to imagine an occasion where it would be a good choice. It's too powerful for the office, too trashy for formal wear, too rich and sweet for everything else.

Pros: Rich, distinctive
    Cons: Overpowering, cloying drydown"

23 August, 2013

rbaker's avatar
    rbaker

Spiciness and Silage - an oriental of substance

The top note sports a good bit of anise that combines with pepper to a strong opening blast, that js sustained throughout the whole time in variable strength. A gingery notes and wood impressions, mainly cedar, appears at times in the drydown. In the base notes a vanilla is added, but on my skin the fragrance is never too sweet or cloying, unless worn in warm weather. A bit synthetic but to a bearable extent. Excellent silage and projection, with over six hours of longevity. A heavy 1990s product, foreshadowing GPH I without the latter's complexity, elegance or originality.

14 August, 2013

Mandrake's avatar
    Mandrake
    Venezuela Venezuela

Sweet narcotic! Magnificent fragrance, my second favorite of the house after M7. I hope to Yves Saint Laurent can not think reformulate or in the worst cases, discontinue it. The only thing that I find against Opium Pour Homme is anis, I not get along great with that note. But the general body of the composition is great, sublime. I would try the EDP, spoken of much better. Great oriental, for some the best and worth even get a taste.

21st December, 2012

comfortablynumbbg's avatar
    comfortablynumbbg
    Bulgaria Bulgaria

It's a bit outdated, but in the realm of powerhouse orientals, this is probably the king. Very potent (especially the EDP version, that is just ridiculously loud).

08 December, 2012 (Last Edited: 12 May, 2013)

Add your review of Opium pour Homme