Opium pour Homme (1995)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchElf Aquitaine > Sanofi Beauté

About Opium pour Homme

A very sweet oriental fragrance. Opium Homme is the male counterpart to the original Opium (Ladies).
The Opium fragrances were banned in some countries because of the name.

Opium pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Opium pour Homme

A nice pleasant fragrance. I don't think the name matches the juice. With a name like 'Opium' you would imagine a mysterious powerhouse but it's really quite tame. Very nice all the same if a bit underwhelming. Something about it reminds me of LIDG.
02nd June, 2018
Opium was a staple in my wardrobe when it first came out...I remember the first time I smelled it...it blew my mind back then...i was still a beginner collector exploring the world of fragrance and marvelling at all of my olfactory discoveries...Opium was instant love...it was like doing a drug...that initial zingy fresh blast of spicy freshness would give me a rush...a truly elegant and sophisticated oriental...close friends with Jaipur Homme...they both give me the same overall vibe/aura/feel...nice sweetish quality throughout its life...dries down to a thick comforting spicy vanilla that seems to last as a skin scent forever on me....IMHO - a must for any afficiando or collector of orientals...
30th April, 2018
This was one of my very first loves way back in the 90's when I started my perfume journey and knew nothing about perfumes. Recently I had picked up a Sanofi mini to relive the dream and now to my nose, this is a naeuseatingly strong vanilla to the maximum synth bomb. The opening 30 minutes is incredibly textured and full bodied until it very quickly morphs into a one note wonder of straight up, nuclear strong synthesized vanilla for endless hours. Seriously, vanilla should be the very first voted note, not black currant. I cannot believe how synthetic and plasticky this smells now. I decanted this into an atomizer, applied 4 good sprays and it was making me feel sick to my stomach, so much so that I had to reshower and even then I could still smell it. The sillage on this is relentless. I'm sorry to all of the lovers of this but Opium Pour Homme totally turns my stomach inside out. This is a very poorly constructed scent that has absolutely zero to do with the original Opium Pour Femme.
25th March, 2018
A classical spicy masculine fragrance, with some fresh, unusual, twist. Good performances. I can recognize it's Opium.
23rd May, 2017
A clean, classic, balanced fragrance from YSL. There is a timeless quality to Opium that makes it suitable for the contemporary user, both for casual or even formal wear, preferably in cooler weather.

Opium has an old-school vibe to it with its citrus-oriental-spice formulation, reminding me of great scents like Carven pour Homme (original) and Mediterraneum.

Unless it’s overapplied, Opium is a safe, pleasant cologne to wear without coming across as overpowering nor cloying. Glad to own a bottle! ;^>
30th April, 2017
This gets a slight thumbs up due to the weak projection and longevity (EDT version). Other than that this is a nice masculine scent, blended well with a slight spicy edge and some sweetness. IMO this will be a good layering scent to add spice to some that are a little too sweet. Worth the price. Enjoy!
12th January, 2017

Add your review of Opium pour Homme

Shop for Opium pour Homme products online

Search for on eBay United States

Opium Pour Homme by Yves Saint Laurent 3.3 / 3.4 oz EDT for Men New In Box

• USD $35.18
  • Time Left: 24 days
  • Shipping from: United States

OPIUM POUR HOMME BY YVES SAINT LAURENT FOR MEN EAU DE TOILETTE 1 FL OZ - EL 152S

• USD $26.99
  • Time Left: 2 days
  • Shipping from: United States

Opium Pour Homme By Yves Saint Laurent 3.3 3.4 OZ 100 ML EDT For Men *NEW SEALED

• USD $39.99
  • Time Left: 19 days

OPIUM Pour Homme Cologne Yves Saint Laurent YSL Men 3.3 Oz Spray EDT 100 ML 75%

• USD $27.95
  • Time Left: 25 days

Vintage Opium Pour Homme Eau de Parfum Spray Yves Saint Laurent 1.6 fl oz 50 ml

• USD $109.99 STARTING BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 0 Bid(s)
  • Time Left: