Opium pour Homme (1995)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchElf Aquitaine > Sanofi Beauté

About Opium pour Homme

A very sweet oriental fragrance. Opium Homme is the male counterpart to the original Opium (Ladies).
The Opium fragrances were banned in some countries because of the name.

Opium pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Opium pour Homme

A spicy, oriental, clean and sweet masculine scent.

This is one of the under the radar fragrances that are not much hyped by the fragrance community. I am glad i got to know it earlier this year. what a lovely fragrance this is.

It opens up with a slightly classic / old school type smell that gives off a barbershop/shaving cream vibe with a fruity touch from the black currant. then it starts to get more sweet due to the vanilla.
Its a very masculine clean and mature scent.
Longevity and projection are very good 8/10

overall score 8.8 / 10
10th November, 2016
Stardate 20161023:

Sugar and spice and everything nice.
And this one has good spices (none of that chritmasy shite).
The Vanilla and Balsam give the sweetness without making it cloying.

A perfect scent for this Fall

23rd October, 2016
Masculine, mild spice, hint of vanilla. I love this cologne. Bought a used bottle of it on eBay.
12th September, 2016
Opium Pour Homme is, by far, the most cloying and "aggressive" male fragrance I've ever smelled!

I admit there's great quality in the making of this scent and, of course, the ingredients that make part of it are high level ones; the point is that, unlike Jaïpur Homme, Opium Pour Homme is completely disbalanced and somewhat chaotic. When I got my new bottle last year (I blind-bought it based on reviews, I'd read), I thought it wasn't quite my thing, but still I decided to give it a few more tries; two weeks later, nonetheless, I couldn't stand smelling it, even from the bottle capped, as it made me dizzy and gave me headaches, so, I offered it for sale...it was just too much!

I once said that I'd give a try to Opium Pour Homme again because your tastes change over time--let's see what happens. Meantime, DO MAKE SURE you try this fragrance before you purchase a full bottle!!!
28th June, 2015 (last edited: 18th April, 2016)
Salutation.

OPIUM PH is all about what you expect from a Great designer like YSL. The pinnacle of Masculine Elegance and a true Classic.Strong but in a Positive Way and Sweet but in a Balanced way. Wonderful,Hot,Romantic,Rich,Captivating, Classy,Stunning,Gorgeous and Alluring.

The scent is Rich and Spicy with subtle hint of Vanilla as So Strong opening by Anise and Black Currant but after a Little while it is faded Middle notes by Pepper is so nice for my nose.This compositions with support Vanilla and Cedar makes this smells shine over all the other dudes in the Room.

The dry down is more Lovely than the opening for me.This is definitely not a scent for an ordinary and shy Character and Without doubt for a Particular and Brave Man. Perfect for SPECIAL Occasions Romantic Dinner in a Glorious restaurant or HOT moments in AUTUMN,WINTER.If you are Looking for a Fragrance For seduce this is a Great choice but Test it first before Buying.

Sillage?Great.

Longevity?Noticeable on my skin.

7.5/10
09th June, 2015
Sweet n' Spicy...

Opium pour Homme is a wonderful balance of sweet notes and spices. Sweet as in Bourbon Vanilla and Blackcurrant... and Spicy, Woody & Aromatic in the Galanga, Atlas Cedar, Tolu Balsam, Pepper and Star Anise.

It's one that I really enjoy wearing. Of course I prefer the Eau de Parfum, but the Eau de Toilette is still very good. It's everything I want in an oriental really, just enough spice, just enough sweetness. It's luxurious, sophisticated... I don't find it too dated, but it has been called that by some people. I also find it more of a cooler weather fragrance, but as long as it's sprayed with a light hand, it could work in the heat too.

After a while, Opium pour Homme turns into a very nice skin-scent and the rich combination of Vanilla and Tolu Balsam comes out, and it's really something! I have no problem recommending this fragrance for someone who is mature in spirit but also young. It could work on the right person with the right attitude. Similarly on older men it would work fantastic. Again, everything I want in an oriental fragrance. A really underrated choice for men I think. One to try out and wear before deciding to buy, it really grows on you!
09th December, 2014