Or Masculin (1985)

HouseBourjois
Parent CompanyWertheimer > Coty Inc
Parent Company at launchWertheimer

About Or Masculin

Or Masculin is a masculine fragrance by Bourjois. The scent was launched in 1985

Or Masculin fragrance notes

Reviews of Or Masculin

It is a classy fragrance. All the qualities to be called a masterpiece.

Very smooth and well blended, and also discreet.

I feel sad it is discontinued and doesn’t get much attention by fragrance lovers.

22nd March, 2017 (last edited: 07th December, 2017)
This smells just like vintage Bel Ami which I also have. I would say about 90% identical to it, maybe just slightly spicier. Same top quality, in fact I could see people liking this slightly more than vintage Bel Ami. It has more of the soft spice over the leather than Bel Ami.

Imagine the smell of a old worn leather sofa with a lot of soft spices on top and you have this fragrance. Wonderful scent which unfortunately is now discontinued though it does pop up on Ebay occasionally.
07th November, 2014
Another fragrance that had such great potential

I believe Bourjois started life in Paris at the turn of the century,producing makeup products to the Theater profession,before expanding its range,with men's fragrances not making an appearance until the late 70's

I think 'Or' Masculin - or 'Gold' Masculin formed part of a range of 'Masculin' line of products,of which 'Or' is sadly incredibly rare to find - Masculine '2' and other fragrances apparently still turn up,mainly in Poland,but rarely on other sites.

I have to concur with one of the other reviewers,having owned original Hermes Bel Ami - this is as good - in some ways slightly better for me,as I do not appear to get the lysol smell,that accompanied Bel Ami once it was several hours into its final stages of drydown.

I suspect Bourjois had used very high quality ingredients here.There is a powerful opening,reminds me of Aramis,or something like that,but after an hour,you are rewarded with the most fantastic spicy,woody and amber middle and end - thankfully for me the listing of ingredients states some patchouli - of which I am not a fan at all - but it does not surface sufficiently for me to notice,or be offended - god - how I wish perfumers would not reach for that ingredient every time they try to tame powerful fragrances - much prefer the use of sandalwood myself.Cons are the bottle and packaging look incredibly cheap,which belies the treasure that lies inside this bottle - otherwise,I will look for more and use my 50ml for special occasions.Here is another useful review that convinced me to buy this...http://aromierotici.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/or-masculin-by-bourjois.html

Pros: A surprisingly high quality fragrance
Cons: No longer in production"

23rd October, 2013
numcks Show all reviews
Not much to add to the views below, but I do want to add another strong plus to the pile. This is a real gem that is, unfortunately, now very hard to find. Very lush, dark, woody, spicy and smokey, yet not overwhelming or overbearing. I love wearing it, but it makes me melancholy each time, for the day when it will be gone for good I fear is too fast approaching...
16th October, 2011
A deep scent of spiced woods and a sandalwood/musky drydown. Light and subtle, it stays close to your skin but has the feel and depth of a gentleman's scent.
28th November, 2009
KIG Show all reviews
Almost fully agree with Naed_Nitram.
Don’t feel the link with JHL. Or Masculin for me is way better.
The depth here is astonishing. Should I say was.
Out of ALL discontinued 80’s frags, THIS ONE I miss the most. I actually lost an empty bottle few years ago and was devastated.
If any of the members here have it, please, I will be more than glad to pay, swap, whatever you desire to obtain this one.
I truly believe Or Masculin deserves to be up there with Le 3me Homme and Bel Ami. Not kidding...
31st October, 2009

Add your review of Or Masculin

Shop for Or Masculin products online

OR Masculin Atomiseur EDT Bourjois Paris 112ml. 92% Vol.

End Date: Sunday Jan-27-2019 12:06:57 PST

BOURJOIS OR MASCULIN EDT 125ml., VINTAGE, PRE-BARCODE, VERY RARE, NEW IN BOX

End Date: Tuesday Feb-12-2019 9:28:40 PST
Buy It Now for only: $184.00

Member images of Or Masculin

There are no member images of Or Masculin yet. Why not be the first?