Average Rating: 4

Based on 36 ratings

Patrick Fragrance Notes

Patrick information

Patrick is a men's fragrance by Fragrances of Ireland. The scent was launched in 1999

Reviews of Patrick

Showing 1 to 6 of 17 reviews.
    positive 15 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 2 Negative Reviews

drseid's avatar

I could go into great detail on individual notes with Patrick, but the bottom line is this smells nearly identical to Irish Spring soap. For those not familiar with the very popular brand, it is very green provided by gobs of fern at its heart with a mossy, musky base using vetiver and patchouli to provide a dirty undertone to the complete package. Patrick is very minimalist and extremely "masculine" smelling. Projection and longevity are both excellent.

Patrick is probably going to be a bit of a "love it or hate it" kind of scent as your loving it depends greatly on whether you enjoy Irish Spring soap. I grew up using the stuff and always liked the scent so I guess I am in the "love it" camp. That said, Patrick is just a tad disappointing because if I wanted to smell like Irish Spring I would use the soap at an even lower cost than the relatively inexpensive $26 a 100ml bottle price of Patrick. On the flip side, if you are looking for a good compliment to the soap and want that scent reinforced for the whole day, then look no further as this is about as close as you will ever find. Patrick earns a "good" 3 to 3.5 stars out of 5 and is recommended at its relatively low price point.

13 August, 2012

Francolino's avatar

really huge here in Italy yonks ago, heavy marketing everywhere but it was the epitome of being cheesy and predictable!

02 July, 2012

jtd's avatar

I love angular fougères. I've written that so many times on basenotes it feels like a mantra. If anyone is still producing encyclopedias in hard-bound book form (do they still exist?) the entry for fougère should have a scratch-and-sniff of Patrick. Others here on Basenotes have described it better than I can, so I'll just say that it's remarkably concise yet expressive. It so perfectly captures the soapiness, that defining attribute of the best fougères. It is exuberant yet simple, soapy yet earthy. These dualities make it not just interesting, but conversational.

The coumarin/lavender/musk balance is flawless, but Patrick, for all its simplicity and directness makes me marvel at the slow sleight of hand that takes place. The hay-like, singing fougère moves from barbershop about 2 paces into the realm of the green chypre. Spectacular transition! The coumarin, initially so closely held to the lavender and musk, joins hands with the moss, and turns around to look at you with a laughing smile.

Another spectacular, underestimated fragrance I discovered in the "Unsung Treasures" forum. Sensationally inexpensive, potent, long-lasting and easy to wear as an everyday fragrance.

08 September, 2011 (Last Edited: 11th September, 2011)

sarıpatates's avatar

Turkey Turkey

An excellent, classic fougere. Smells very natural, and comforting to me. No bells and whistles. Just a great, elegant and timeless fern.

10th August, 2011

Mandolinist's avatar

To start, I do not perceive anything manure-esque in this fragrance, as has been described. It is bright, green, and I find it particularly humid. While I would consider this a fragrance best worn in spring, there is something "heated" about it, and could just as easily be suitable on a cool autumn day. This is currently the most masculine smelling scent in my collection, which also includes Fahrenheit. It would be easy to overdo this fragrance as well, and I find that a single spray will accomplish everything you need it to. Killer projection and great longevity, but be advised this is certainly a mature scent. I do however think a younger man (late twenties to thirties) with the right grooming and presentation could pull this off, when applied very sparingly.

As for what the ladies think of it, I heard it endearingly described as "grandfatherly."

At around $35, it's definitely worth a blind buy.

12 July, 2011

wyldaeval's avatar

Not much I can add to all the wonderful reviews it's already received so I'll keep it very short. It starts out quietly and mellows beautifully as clean, green, and refreshing. My hubby and I both enjoy wearing it, though sometimes I layer it with a dab of something floral or slightly sweet and citrus-y. :)

08 June, 2011

Add your review of Patrick

Search for on eBay United States

PATRICK BY FRAGRANCE OF IRELAND FOR MEN (INIS) 3 VIALS 2ML SAMPLE (sku:4659)
    • Listing Type: eBay Store