Patrick (1999)

Patrick information

Year of Launch1999

HouseFragrances of Ireland

About Patrick

Patrick is a masculine fragrance by Fragrances of Ireland. The scent was launched in 1999

Patrick fragrance notes

Reviews of Patrick

I got Patrick for the LA Spring weather after hearing a number of Basenoters say how much they liked it, and I'm glad I did:

I've worn it at least 7 times in the past 3 weeks. It's definitely got that "clean green" vibe going for it. There are some noticebly darker, earthier, oakmoss notes going on underneath the grassy green ferny notes, however I would call it more of a light green scent than a heavy one.

Which reminds me: Patrick definitely has Oakmoss on its official list of ingredients -- so I'm guessing Fragrances of Ireland is a small company and might not be subject to the oakmoss restrictions that have affected the big fragrance corporations. Anyway it definitely has Oakmoss in it.

I find its Soapy notes to be *very* prominent -- but I enjoy them.
That might be because I remember the smell of Irish Spring soap from my youth so well: it's as distinctive as a Crayon. Patrick's soapy smell is a lot like a better, more natural, less overpowering version of Irish Spring.

So -- for me anyway -- that note gives Patrick a "fresh out of the shower" soapy smell combined with the nice clean green earthy notes.

I'm not sure it lasts very long on my skin (it's hard for me to judge that) but it lasts a long time on my clothes, I can say that much for it.

Patrick probably isn't going to blow anyone away -- I was slightly disappointed with it at first because so many people spoke so highly of it and my initial reaction was "well I like it but I don't really love it".

And there are fragrances out there that I do love from the first sniff (such as Vintage by Varvatos, the original Polo, Terre d'Hermes to name a few).

But this is a good quality cologne that smells and performs better for me than most others I've tried. To put it another way, when my finances improve and I can afford to spend more on expensive fragrances, and I sell, swap, or give away the blind-buys that didn't work out so well...

Patrick won't be one of them. It's a keeper for me.

4/5 (very good)

Bonus: the box is really well made and attractive, so Patrick just might make a nice and affordable gift for your favorite Irish person!

I got my bottle for just $40 from Celtic Croft Dot Com llc through Amazon Prime and it arrived in just 2 days (Amazon is amazing like that).
21st May, 2018
I get a little Paco Rabanne mixed with a little Kouros in a modernized Chez Bond sort of way...first few minutes I could have believed this was a Kouros flanker...classic barber shop vibe...aromatic and refreshing...greenery with a citrus tang ...soapy and mossy...a handy fragrance to have in your arsenal...putting this on will transform you into a gentleman...
10th April, 2018
Classic smelling in a nice way, the smell of know-how, citrusy - not too dissimilar to an Eau de Cologne - with the warmth of other notes adding depth and complexity. Easy to wear. Nice from the first spray.
03rd December, 2017
Having received a sample of "Patrick" from a fellow BNer, I was taken back by this classic green fougere. Basenotes has opened my eyes to plenty of scents over the years and Patrick has filled yet another void.

From the description and other reviews, I compared this one to Castle Forbes 1445 which is in fact very similar to Patrick. However, Patrick is more wearable, projects better and lasts longer. Sort of strange give its price point, but it goes to show that a good perfume doesn't have to cost the earth.

The pine and "green" moss notes fit the description perfectly. It's an ideal scent to wear on wet or murky days which are just all too common in the British Isles.

Here's to "Patrick" and Ireland!
18th October, 2017
Stardate 20170502;

Clean, soapy and inexpensive. Nothing to dislike here. Has an aromatic Fougere structure but light touches.
Does smell a bit like Irish Spring as drseid pointed out.
Drydown is good.
For the price a thumbs up.
02nd May, 2017
Patrick is a wonderful fragrance for a rainy day, which shouldn't be surprising, as it's made on the rainy isle of Ireland. They know what goes well with the smell of damp air and green growing things. Seriously, this fragrance smells wonderful on a breezy, rainy day like it was today. It wafts up in the breeze with a slight soapy aspect, but with a foody one as well. Patrick smells of cinnamon and nutmeg with a slight milky quality. I read a review of Serge Lutens Arabie that said it smelled like horchata, but honestly, Patrick has more of that vibe to my nose than Arabie does. Arabie smells of dirty spices, while Patrick has more of the sweet dessert spice smell...at least to me. This is a great scent that's very wearable and is a great value for the money. I recommend this fine fragrance to anyone who likes to smell fresh, and slightly...just ever so slightly...tasty as well. :-) Two thumbs up for Patrick!
25th April, 2017

PATRICK COLOGNE SPRAY 100 ML BY FRAGRANCES OF IRELAND

• USD $62.50
  • Time Left: 16 days

Member images of Patrick

There are no member images of Patrick yet. Why not be the first?