Pheromone for Men (1999)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 19 ratings

Pheromone for Men Fragrance Notes

Pheromone for Men information

Pheromone for Men is a men's fragrance by Marilyn Miglin. The scent was launched in 1999

Shop for Pheromone for Men products online

Reviews of Pheromone for Men

Showing 1 to 6 of 16 reviews.

JackTwist's avatar

To my nose this is a light green slightly spicey fougere that is pleasant but in no way distinguished or exceptional. Sillage is very light and it does not have longetivity.

I would not consider it to be an economical purchase with so many other affordable fougeres to choose from.

01st October, 2012

Swanky's avatar

I like this fragrance and I don't find it as offputting nor harsh as some do. It may not be quite lovely but it's in the ballpark. The florals are nicely handled and the green and herbal character meshes well with them. A definite throwback not only to emphatic masculines such as Van Cleef & Arpels (without their eye-watering strength) but also to classic chypres such as Royal Secret and Aromatics Elixir on the distaff side.

09 August, 2012 (Last Edited: 30th December, 2012)

shamu1's avatar

A skank-bag fragrance of the highest order, and I love it! I don't smell a lot of what the pyramid lists, and mainly this smells to me the way a true musk fragrance should really smell like: dirty and animalic.

This is a scent for a guy who isn't afraid to take risks in what he wears. Strong, skanky floral notes overlaying a brutal, scarily natural smelling musk is what Pheromone For Men is all about. This is truly unique, and it smells like sex. It's a hot blooded, dirty scent, in the vein of Kouros, only more daring than Kouros, if you can imagine that.

This is an awesome fragrance, but I do NOT recommend anyone buying it without sampling it first, even if the price is right. This is potentially even more polarizing than Kouros, and I promise you'll either love it or won't wish it on your worst enemy.

MY RATING: 8.5/10

16 May, 2012

Pherómone opens with a rather raspy herbal accord… There’s more scratchiness involved in the opening than can be explained by the herbal (basil – thyme) heart notes – I don’t know where the raspy tone is coming from, but I find it more interesting than annoying. I think my confusion might be confounded by the honey from the base of the fragrance, which supplies a sharply sweet, somewhat urinous note that clashes with the thyme note. The herbal rusticness is pretty much all I get from Pherómone. As with some other Marilyn Miglin fragrances I’ve tried, I don’t get much of a base: they seem to either be very short lived or they last but are linear. In the case of this fragrance, it has good sillage and very good longevity.

I don’t dislike the fragrance, but I’m not sure I like it very much, either – it will take a lot of getting-used to for me to get a positive feeling for it. It is interesting though… and unique. Like other Miglin fragrances, it is Miglin-unique and not a copycat of some other fragrance. Pherómone’s herbal scratchiness and slight dissonance set it worlds apart from the usual run of designer fragrances. It reminds me a bit of a gentler, kinder Sud Est by Romeo Gigli. If I had been doing a blind test on this, I would have thought it a niche fragrance…

07 June, 2011

MarshallLaw's avatar

This is a throw back that never goes out of style. My friend for this for years before he passed. I smelled this every single day for five years while working together. The scent is unforgettable. I don't know where people come up with this hairspray idea. The Pheromone collection is brilliant and Marilyn Miglin sure knows how to create a scent for man. I stand behind this 110%.

17 February, 2011

Corrado Finardi's avatar

You have to consider the Miglin Institute note on that: made up of 100 natural oils, it is very complex and fascinating. More complex than Antaeus too (supposed of being a sum of up to 92 compounds!). I'm really fascinated with this. The perfume is dark, persistent, natural not in a semplicistic way. I do not detect the synthetic note supposed to be here. May be that the "hair spray" touche at the very beginning is something to be considered in the fair light.
    It somehow similar to Nino Cerruti pour Homme of the 80es, which was outstanding stuff. The bottle is not so nice, but if you are the kind of man able to wait to make this perfume grown on you, please try. It could be a BIG SURPRISE.

14 January, 2011

• 0 Bid(s)
    • Time Left: 5 days
    STARTING BID
    (Shipping from United States)
    Marilyn Miglin Pheromone Men's 3.4-ounce Cologne Spray (Tester)
    • Time Left: 16 days