Pi (1999)

PerfumerAlberto Morillas
PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Pi

This fragrance is named 'Pi' after the mathematical figure which represents the number you get if you divide a circle's circumference by it's diameter. The number Pi starts off 3.141592.. and just goes on for ever and ever. Computers are sitting there as you read this working out more numbers to add on the end of it...

Pi fragrance notes

Reviews of Pi

Love this! On my 4th bottle maybe? Might need counselling when they discontinue it! Smells for a long enough time. Gets compliments from women all the time. Might not be good for summer 'cause it is a sugary scent. I like it best in winter, just due to how I associate the scents(sweet, vanilla, sugar). Swear it smells like baby powder too.
11th July, 2015
Tried this for 3 days now with samples and shop sprays. Here are my (amateur) thoughts:
A sweet, warm, delicious and sexy smell, I liked it. Reminds me of sleepily snuggling up to someone and breathing in the scent of warm skin. The effect is so sensuous I think I'd prefer to smell it on someone else. I detect vanilla and almonds, other things too I can't name yet, but definitely something edible. My partner said I smell like cake :). I think that's good..... I'm having a weird experience with the longevity: after spraying it seems to fade quickly, but then returns! And weirdly the scent that returns is very similar to the start. To my mind it would smell great on men and women. In the end I bought it, still like it very much, but by the time it arrived I realised it wasn't me. Much as I'd like to be, I'm not a sweet, warm and delicious kind of guy. So I've given it away. Therefore a "neutral" thumb for me :)
25th June, 2015
Oviatt Show all reviews
Pi is so aptly named--not because of the mathematical figure (no idea where that is meant to come into this) but because it is as sweet and rich and gourmand as a piece of pie. Yes, there are woods and herbs to balance the huge dose of sweet vanilla but for me, it still smells too gourmand for my taste. I love to smell (good) foods, but not to smell of them. I may have missed something, but Givenchy strikes me as a house known for green chypre florals unlike Guerlain, say, which is known for its masterful handling of sweet gourmands. All that said, Pi does smell really good--and surprisingly masculine--if sweet gourmands are your thing.
02nd June, 2015
Wow this fragrance is great! I got a bottle from my father when I graduated high school and recently picked up another one about a month ago and that smell brought me back! Definitely a casual winter sent
27th May, 2015

My Givenchy opening nice.quite a sweet and savoury scent.the fragrance is classic but is style very romantic and cute.

I like to use it but only for romantic moments because in a romantic entourage of everything PI create harmony!yes women like this scent and you know got to be good when ladies love a mans cologne so much.

To heavy warm weather but perfect for cold nights.The bottle is nice and longevity is average on my skin.

24th May, 2015
This is an ode to "cloyingness;" just the thought of spraying it on your arm gives me a headache! If you're into nausea-inducing concoctions contaning tons of vanilla, sugar, and other sweet horrendous substances, this is your way to go.
14th April, 2015

Add your review of Pi

Shop for Pi products online

Shop for Pi at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Pi