Pi (1999)

PerfumerAlberto Morillas
PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Pi

This fragrance is named 'Pi' after the mathematical figure which represents the number you get if you divide a circle's circumference by it's diameter. The number Pi starts off 3.141592.. and just goes on for ever and ever. Computers are sitting there as you read this working out more numbers to add on the end of it...

Pi fragrance notes

Reviews of Pi

This is a good one. It seems to have a seamless transition from top through to base. That is, the opening is sufficiently soft and doesn't stand out so as to smell completely different as it dries down. However, I must say that the vanilla stands out nicely but is not overpowering (at least I know what that smells like).
14th December, 2018
To me, this fragrance is the definition of November, leaves, cool air, pretty crystallized morning dew grass with a beautiful sun shining in it, a nice jacket, and good vibes and a good day. It's gonna be a feel good day if I throw this on. I know it will be. It's just one that I have to have in my collection along with play intense. Both are must haves. I love this one but I just wish it lasted longer. Over 6 hours and projected for longer but I'm half way through my bottle after 4 years with over 30 fragrances to choose from
24th October, 2018
Easily a top 10 in my wardrobe. Sweet and not overpowering. Winter scent for sure.
01st December, 2017
I am surprised that Pi has so lukewarm reviews, even though I personally consider it one of the top 10 of all times. Let us not forget that when it came out in 1999 it was very brave of Givenchy and Alberto Morillas to bring out such a "bombshell". I say this because, from what it seems, the fragrance clearly creates sensation and leaves nobody indifferent. I like it throughout the day and I can note all the ingredients at different moments of the day.
01st November, 2017
In part this is an orange version of Le Mâle. (Actually it's closer to Fleur du Mâle even though this came first.)

Pine and tarragon attempt to lift the heavy, sickly balsamic sweetness but as these lighter notes fade it sinks more and more into an orangey vanillic blob.

Whenever I go into a service station toilet the smell of orange urinal screen reminds me of this. Pi's orange flower and honeyed balsamic elements - with their affinities to certain nether regions - would certainly make a good masking agent, and IF it were the case that Pi was a source of inspiration for the sanitiser smell this'd be a classic case of trickle down, from fine to functional, from Pi to pee.

However, all laughing and joking aside, this is so excessively 'nice' it's unpleasant, and without any redeeming edginess, it fails.

18th September, 2017 (last edited: 21st September, 2017)
I first smelled Pi in a magazine add which had the fragrance strip you peel open and rub your wrist on. I WAS BLOWN AWAY! This had to be THE best men's fragrance I had ever smelled. I just purchase two of the 5.0 ounce "oversize" bottles that Givenchy has released. The compliments never seem to cease when I wear Pi by Givenchy. It can be formal, yet it can also be your casual everyday go-to fragrance. I agree that this is best worn in the autumn and winter months, just as I wear Obsession for Men during that time of year. I also love to wear Aramis' Devin during the fall and early winter. I love that Devin is described as a "country" cologne and it has the lovely little French horn logo on the bottle! Sounds like something a wealthy gentleman would wear to dinner after a fox hunt in New England!
04th August, 2017

Add your review of Pi

Shop for Pi products online

Shop for Pi at online perfumeries

Givenchy Pi Cologne Perfume Men 3.4 oz 100 ml Eau De Toilette Spray New In Box

End Date: Tuesday Jan-22-2019 4:38:29 PST
Buy It Now for only: $59.99
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Givenchy Pi Neo Tropical Paradise 3.3 oz. 95% Full, RARE!

$85.00 (0 Bids)

Givenchy Pi 10ml sample

End Date: Tuesday Jan-22-2019 11:33:23 PST
Buy It Now for only: $6.00
Buy It Now | Add to watch list

Men Type Inspired Premium Perfume Body Oil in 2 oz Plastic Bottle (60 ml)

End Date: Tuesday Jan-22-2019 12:58:09 PST