Pi (1999)

PerfumerAlberto Morillas
PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Pi

Pi is a masculine fragrance by Givenchy. The scent was launched in 1999 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas. The bottle was designed by Serge Mansau

Pi fragrance notes

Reviews of Pi

This is an ode to "cloyingness;" just the thought of spraying it on your arm gives me a headache! If you're into nausea-inducing concoctions contaning tons of vanilla, sugar, and other sweet horrendous substances, this is your way to go.
14th April, 2015
A true 90's scent that is still relevant to this day. I remember 1st smelling this scent when I was a young kid around 10. I remember getting some samples of this at wal-mart of all places. Forgot about this scent for a long time and rediscovered it when I seen it on sale.

Notes from my amateur nose

Sickle Vanilla
Gourmand
Fine wood

Great longevity, between 6-8 hours.

Projection is Great but you MUST keep this to 2-Spray max, anymore than that and this can get over-whelming.

Def get alot of compliments from women while wearing Pi. Can be worn all seasons but I find it really shines in the fall & winter seasons. Will always keep this in my top 10 go to colognes. A true 90's classic mens cologne
27th November, 2014
Genre: Woody Oriental

Pi may well represent the nadir of sickeningly sweet masculine gourmand orientals. Even if you despise A*Men, Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, Rochas Man, and their ilk, you have to credit them with a degree of intricacy – sometimes to excess – in their structures. Not so Pi. It’s just unrelentingly sweet artificial vanilla extract and talcum powder, in a combination that manages by some perverse miracle to be at once bland and grating. I suppose there must be art in that, but surely it’s art too diabolical to pursue further. Especially disappointing coming from Givenchy, which could once be relied upon to deliver scents like Monsieur de Givenchy, Vetyver, and Insensé.
23rd June, 2014
I used to love Pi, it smelled like a rich caramel with a little bit of woods in the background and would pop in with a vanilla / macadamia nut rush when my body temperature rose. Not a summer scent but great for warmer fall winter and spring days. However, since the 2012 reformulation this is absolute trash. It smells like maple syrup mixed with vodka I can't stand it. Recent sold off my reformulated bottle and am scouring that one auction site to find an older bottle. "When great scents go bad" could be an interesting blog here on basenotes.
24th December, 2013
Unique Gourmand

The first thing that came to my mind upon smelling the sprayer was, 'caramel', and since I'm not too fond for sweet scents, I almost instantly turn down the offer of this one, but my friend said that I better give it a shot first - nothing can go wrong by testing it first anyway; so he brought me a bottle of his Pi - handsome bottle, could be a nice addition in anyone's wardrobe.

My first impression is - this fragrance have great projection and staying power, please note... the opening doesn't excite me at all - it's just a blast of rosemary and sweet citrus with hint of almond and vanilla in the background - only for a few minutes. Soon enough the vanilla, almond, benzoin, bit of woods and caramel (all sweets in this world, in short) start to take over the lead and makes this fragrance into one sweet fragrance that we possibly never smell it before - or after; simply a masterpiece. Super sexy and draws a lot of compliments, especially from women (does that tickle you, boy?) but I found that most people found this, 'old fashioned' and refused to wear this; simply because a men need something smoky, leathery, rubbery to be called a man, refusing to acknowledge that there's another world out there that do radiate sexiness - world of Pi

score : a solid ?????

Pros: almost all aspects
Cons: hard to wear in humid weather; increasingly rare"

20th October, 2013
review by stefly321

I find this has an almond/marzipan sort of aroma. Not really my thing anymore. It only gets cloying if its over applied. Just 2/3 sprays on the chest would suffice. Anymore and it becomes offensive!

26th July, 2013

Add your review of Pi

Shop for Pi products online

Shop for Pi at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Pi

Member images of Pi

There are no member images of Pi yet. Why not be the first?