Pi (1999)

PerfumerAlberto Morillas
PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Pi

This fragrance is named 'Pi' after the mathematical figure which represents the number you get if you divide a circle's circumference by it's diameter. The number Pi starts off 3.141592.. and just goes on for ever and ever. Computers are sitting there as you read this working out more numbers to add on the end of it...

Pi fragrance notes

Reviews of Pi

rbaker Show all reviews
The orange with the galbanum and the herbal undertone make a very pleasant opening, which is beefed up soon by a decent lashing of benzoin. Unlike in some other fragrances, where benzoin is often taking over and push other components aside, here it is skillfully applied such as not to overwhelm, but to blend in and enhance the whole - a rare feat indeed.

The heart notes add woodsy aromas on the sidelines, and see the emergence of the vanilla the dominates the the second half of the development on my skin. Towards the end pure vanilla remains, rich but quite refined and unobtrusive, fading out gracefully.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and a magnificent thirteen hours of longevity on my skin.

It would be easy to judge this wintery creation as another vanilla mix had it not been for the interesting and quite creative permutations of the accompanying accompaniments that were employed here. Interestingly, in this original version of Pi the vanilla is not more prominent than in the Fraîche flanker.

This is a rather synthetic blend but not too intrusively so, and in spite of some evident generic touches it is overall quite interesting and performs excellently on me. Just making it into the thumbs-up realm. 3/5.
10th April, 2017
Givenchy Pi uuummmmm, what can I say this was one of my first frags ever bought for myself, this blood orange, vanilla, benzoin beast this beautiful beautiful beast. Great and best in cooler weather. Unfortunately I don't get a chance to wear my Pi often because I live in FL, I only get about 2 months of wear but anytime I get a chance I reach for it. This is a cool weather 5 out of 5
13th January, 2017
Recived this as a gift because i enjoyed a diffrent givenchy cologne. This is like a vanilla bomb my ex gf used to use this like fabreeze around the house i HATED it over whelming vanilla that never went away.
02nd January, 2017
After seeing it reviewed a couple of times on youtube and while sampling other fragrances, my knees buckled when I first smelled Givenchy Pi. For as long as I had seen that odd looking bottle adorned with the mathematical symbol "Pi," I had never once thought of putting my nose to it. What an error in judgment. Givenchy Pi is a warm bath of caramel, cocoa, and vanilla that simply smells divine. Immediately I could imagine so many scenarios when this gem would be perfect. And I couldn't help but wonder, why it took me so long to discover it? Whatever the reason, I filled the obvious hole in my collection with all haste.

I haven't worn Givenchy Pi sufficiently yet to intelligently assess its projection and longevity, but I can rate its smell.

Smell 10/10.

More to come.

22nd December, 2016
Never ceased to enjoy this arguably legendary (and controversial) scent from Givenchy. Ever since I'd discovered it over a decade ago, Pi has hypnotized me with its blend of sweet, powdery, vanilla quality that lasts a long time. (What is iron wood, though? No idea. ;^>) Elicits compliments, and keeps me relaxed all day long. Its now discontinued flanker, Pi Fresh, is better for warmer weather, as that is a bit more toned down and has a citrus, fresh element thrown into it; good luck finding that one, thought!! The Extreme version is a nice intensification of this one, though it doesn't seem to last as long. Go Givenchy go!! ;^>
09th December, 2016
My wife purchased for me, I found it cloying and it made feel a "Dandy" One day it tipped into the box for Charity Bazaar. It was never seen again.
Has that ever happened to You?
04th September, 2016 (last edited: 11th April, 2017)

Add your review of Pi

Shop for Pi products online

Shop for Pi at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Pi