Pi (1999)

PerfumerAlberto Morillas
PackagingSerge Mansau
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Pi

This fragrance is named 'Pi' after the mathematical figure which represents the number you get if you divide a circle's circumference by it's diameter. The number Pi starts off 3.141592.. and just goes on for ever and ever. Computers are sitting there as you read this working out more numbers to add on the end of it...

Pi fragrance notes

Reviews of Pi

My wife bought this for me, she loved it on me.
I found it so very cloyingly sweet and dandyish I could not stand wearing it. One day it accidently fell into a box that was on it's way to the local Charity Bazaar.
It is the only fragrance, that I have owned, that this sort of thing has happened.
04th September, 2016
Givenchy Pi is probably my favorite cologne of all. It has a mild vanilla and powder fragrance. Also has other mild masculine notes. I would say this could be a unisex fragrance for the right people.
04th September, 2016
*note: this is a review of the 2012 reformulation.

I will give this fragrance a neutral rating because it smells phenomenal, but has some serious performances issues. It smells great. Very sweet, like almond and vanilla with a licorice undertone, it's a very nice scent. But, longevity on this fragrance is horrible. Lasts about 2-3 hours on my skin. And it sits pretty close to the skin after half an hour, no nobody will be able to smell you when you wear this.

Rating: 6/10
Scent: 9/10
Uniqueness: 9/10
Longevity: 2/10
Projection: 2/10
18th December, 2015 (last edited: 20th December, 2015)
Love this! On my 4th bottle maybe? Might need counselling when they discontinue it! Smells for a long enough time. Gets compliments from women all the time. Might not be good for summer 'cause it is a sugary scent. I like it best in winter, just due to how I associate the scents(sweet, vanilla, sugar). Swear it smells like baby powder too.
11th July, 2015
Tried this for 3 days now with samples and shop sprays. Here are my (amateur) thoughts:
A sweet, warm, delicious and sexy smell, I liked it. Reminds me of sleepily snuggling up to someone and breathing in the scent of warm skin. The effect is so sensuous I think I'd prefer to smell it on someone else. I detect vanilla and almonds, other things too I can't name yet, but definitely something edible. My partner said I smell like cake :). I think that's good..... I'm having a weird experience with the longevity: after spraying it seems to fade quickly, but then returns! And weirdly the scent that returns is very similar to the start. To my mind it would smell great on men and women. In the end I bought it, still like it very much, but by the time it arrived I realised it wasn't me. Much as I'd like to be, I'm not a sweet, warm and delicious kind of guy. So I've given it away. Therefore a "neutral" thumb for me :)
25th June, 2015
Oviatt Show all reviews
Pi is so aptly named--not because of the mathematical figure (no idea where that is meant to come into this) but because it is as sweet and rich and gourmand as a piece of pie. Yes, there are woods and herbs to balance the huge dose of sweet vanilla but for me, it still smells too gourmand for my taste. I love to smell (good) foods, but not to smell of them. I may have missed something, but Givenchy strikes me as a house known for green chypre florals unlike Guerlain, say, which is known for its masterful handling of sweet gourmands. All that said, Pi does smell really good--and surprisingly masculine--if sweet gourmands are your thing.
02nd June, 2015

Add your review of Pi

Shop for Pi products online

Shop for Pi at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Pi