Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur (1972)
by Pierre Cardin

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur information

Year of Launch1972

HousePierre Cardin
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty
Parent Company at launchAmerican Cyanamid > Jacqueline Cochran

About Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur is a masculine fragrance by Pierre Cardin. The scent was launched in 1972

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur fragrance notes

Reviews of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

'Pour Monsieur' by Pierre Cardin, what a classic. I've been familiar with this old school fragrance for over 20 years, and can instantly recognize it whenever I get a whiff of it.

The initial notes of powder, musk, a touch of greens and leather mixed with spices and a very mild dash of citrus is very complex and somewhat intense.

Within an hour it settles in a adds leather and a bit of tobacco and more musk, and this drydown smells amazing, a powdery barbershop classic smell. It may be a bit dated by todays 'aquatic' and 'sport' soapy body wash scents, but its incredible and very unique the way a fragrance should be.

The base is all musk, leather and powder, and this carries and lingers very well. Projection is actually really decent for this, but being a Eau De Cologne, it suffers from short longevity (4-5 hours).

You will need to reapply to get a full day out of this one, or at the super cheap price just buy the 8oz bottle and apply liberally to your clothes and everywhere and you'll get a good 6+ hours out of it.

I'll be searching for vintage EDT versions to get more sillage and longevity, but until then I'm loving this classic and bringing it out every now and then. My lady actually loves this smell on me better than Aramis or Havana which was quite a surprise to me since those are much more potent and expensive.

For an old school, 70's-80's powerhouse fragrance lover, this stuff is and should be an essential part of your collection.
05th August, 2016
One of the first scents I ever owned and I would say that back in the day it was very popular and I did enjoy it... Old school citrus opening with a classic 70's dry down.. I would say that now it is very dated and unless you are into the scent you should make sure you try before you buy.
14th June, 2016
This was the signature of my best friend in the early 70's. It smelled absolutely stunning on him. It seemed to me a gentler Aramis. At the time I was stuck on my Eau Sauvage and the Cardin was not my style. It was inexpensive and worthy fragrance then due to the relative abundance of quality Sandalwood.I have not tasted the later production, so will refrain from comment until I have a nip.. The Vintage was very good.
07th February, 2016
Bad clone of Eau Sauvage. Avoid this get the original
29th October, 2015

Thee Spice Bomb!

I have been buying this Frag, off and on, for about 25 years. Just can't get away from it. I use it for a while get sick of it, don't use it for a while and then find myself buying it again. Very late 70's early 80's scent that reminds of things at that time. Comes on very strong and the dry down takes a while but as long as you don't overshoot it it's a nice smell all day. Not many colognes "Spice Up" your life like this stuff!
30th December, 2014
THIS... this.... I was looking for something new, something I haven't tried yet, something... to round my order off to free shipping. So I stopped by my trusty Powerhouse group on here and went to the beginning of the SOTD post there, flipped through a bit, noticed that among the ones I haven't tried yet, Pierre Cardin came up a fair amount. Looked it up, it's drug store priced, why not.

Ya know how sometimes when you try a fragrance that's new to you, ya put it on, you're kinda like, "Eh. (shrugs)", but at some point later on in the drydown it becomes something magnificent? This one travels in the opposite direction. It starts of eh, then dies, then I applied one more spray to myself thinking, "Well just how bad could it get?", and now I regret having done so. About an hour later it became this cloying... ya know that "crazy girlfriend" meme that's been floating about in various versions? This becomes that girl, but not even a little attractive, wrapped firmly around your leg. Perhaps with more experience I would be able to describe scent-wise exactly why, but... without being particularly powdery, it's juuuuuust a bit too powdery, and without being particularly sweet, it's juuuuust a bit too sweet. There ARE some interesting things going on in there, but I can't give a thumbs up to something I find myself wishing to escape about an hour in. MIND YOU, having recently purchased this, I'm pretty sure it's the non-vintage juice, or at least not the original.
06th December, 2014

Add your review of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

Shop for Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur products online

Shop for Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

Member images of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

There are no member images of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur yet. Why not be the first?