Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur (1972)
by Pierre Cardin

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur information

Year of Launch1972

HousePierre Cardin
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty
Parent Company at launchAmerican Cyanamid > Jacqueline Cochran

About Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur is a masculine fragrance by Pierre Cardin. The scent was launched in 1972

Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur fragrance notes

Reviews of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

I just picked up a new authentic wrapped box from a reputable source. I can't imagine it's a fake.

I find this scent to be an appealing masculine heavily blended warm spice/amber/leather led affair. However, I can't believe how weak it is. I applied normally and a minute later reapplied 1 & 1/2 times again. I'm not nose blind to anything else, so far. Wow, what happened here? Its inexpensive with a rich amber color and lasts pretty well but I can't support any claimed to be an EDC mixed this weakly. Perhaps this was the answer for too many "old fashioned scent" complaints, I just don't know. Bring back some potency and I'll go thumbs up for sure. I would love it then.
19th March, 2017
The scent of Pour Monsieur EDT by Pierre Cardin has always been a guilty pleasure of mine.I'd wear it a lot then need a break from it.Even though it's an EDC now,and made by Five Star Fragrances...I don't catch any change.Still strong and very familiar,and it does have pretty good longevity.

This cologne has a base of resinous amber and earthy patchouli.That alone has a deep and raw sensual feel that may be outdated to some and others may say 'now that's where patchouli shines the most'.There's a little bit of orange,leather,a light teasing of cinnamon.A little bit of carnation floats up through the amber now and then with the cinnamon.These are all lighter notes while a few remain constant and light,some rise up and stand out wonderfully for a short time.At the time though Pour Monsieur was more costly as a made in France product (it's USA made now).That gave Coty a green light several years later to whip up a cut down version of it called 'Sex Appeal for Men' by Jovan.
15th January, 2017
'Pour Monsieur' by Pierre Cardin, what a classic. I've been familiar with this old school fragrance for over 20 years, and can instantly recognize it whenever I get a whiff of it.

The initial notes of powder, musk, a touch of greens and leather mixed with spices and a very mild dash of citrus is very complex and somewhat intense.

Within an hour it settles in a adds leather and a bit of tobacco and more musk, and this drydown smells amazing, a powdery barbershop classic smell. It may be a bit dated by todays 'aquatic' and 'sport' soapy body wash scents, but its incredible and very unique the way a fragrance should be.

The base is all musk, leather and powder, and this carries and lingers very well. Projection is actually really decent for this, but being a Eau De Cologne, it suffers from short longevity (4-5 hours).

You will need to reapply to get a full day out of this one, or at the super cheap price just buy the 8oz bottle and apply liberally to your clothes and everywhere and you'll get a good 6+ hours out of it.

I'll be searching for vintage EDT versions to get more sillage and longevity, but until then I'm loving this classic and bringing it out every now and then. My lady actually loves this smell on me better than Aramis or Havana which was quite a surprise to me since those are much more potent and expensive.

For an old school, 70's-80's powerhouse fragrance lover, this stuff is and should be an essential part of your collection.
05th August, 2016
One of the first scents I ever owned and I would say that back in the day it was very popular and I did enjoy it... Old school citrus opening with a classic 70's dry down.. I would say that now it is very dated and unless you are into the scent you should make sure you try before you buy.
14th June, 2016
Stardate 20161128:

A great drugstore cheapie. A bit dated for current generation but for us, oldtimers, a good time warp.
Current version by Five Star Fragrances is not nearly as good as the vintage but the soul is still the same.
I see similarities with EAOS in citrus, spices and vanilla but EAOS is better and smoother.
Try to get vintage as it can be had for cheap.
29th October, 2015 (last edited: 29th November, 2016)

Thee Spice Bomb!

I have been buying this Frag, off and on, for about 25 years. Just can't get away from it. I use it for a while get sick of it, don't use it for a while and then find myself buying it again. Very late 70's early 80's scent that reminds of things at that time. Comes on very strong and the dry down takes a while but as long as you don't overshoot it it's a nice smell all day. Not many colognes "Spice Up" your life like this stuff!
30th December, 2014

Add your review of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

Shop for Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur products online

Shop for Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

Member images of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur

There are no member images of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur yet. Why not be the first?