Platinum Égoïste (1993)

PerfumerJacques Polge
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Platinum Égoïste

The "alter ego" of Egoiste. A fresh fragrance enjoyed by many. Similar bottle to the original Egoiste, but with a silver lid. Packaged in a silver box.

Platinum Égoïste fragrance notes

Reviews of Platinum Égoïste

Two words sum this one up - boring & generic.

It's also overpriced, and Chanel is not available via discounters.

It's a typical boring, generic fresh scent with a more mature twist I suppose. Reminded me of my grandfather.

I don't understand the comparisons to Bleu de Chanel or Cool Water, both of which I find to be very good scents. They smell nothing like this, and thank goodness.
16th May, 2015
Platinum Egoiste has heritage that has traveled many miles and taken alternate routes, with backstory that could fill a history of Chanel chapter to arrive at its modern sparkling, "platinum" version of Oliver Polge's proudest achievement Egoiste. Egoiste which was conceived as a woodier riff on Bois de Iles was masterpiece enough but just not modern with its vanilla and sandalwood. During the nineties new synthetic molecules were popping up all around Polge and Platinum emerged as Chanel's modernist masculine response with a handful of green aromatics and a sprinkle of warm notes, dabble of "cedar" and built around a couple of sparkling synthetic molecules to create Platinum out of Egoiste - an all new fragrance really. Egoiste name is borrowed for gravitas, but bears slight relation to Platinum. Inspired by Chrome's shine, but sleuced liberally with the egoiste like aromas. Throughout these reviews of Platinum Egoiste you find references to Bleu de Chanel (which had not been conceived) and Curve and Fierce for good reason. Platinum has the same modernist shiny character as these more common designer fragrance models while it is dressed with Lavender, rosemary, galbanum, vetiver - bam - lots of green. Lavender, clary sage, labdanum for traditional Egoiste warmth - no sandalwood or vanilla - interesting. The cedar wood (iso e super?) and whatever else goes anonymous in the mix to give it that platinum chrome plated, steely modernist edge. Platinum Egoiste along with Bleu de Chanel EDP are the finest representations of modern sleek style befitting the name of Chanel. I like it when I want to smell well finished but generic and well scrubbed - Platinum, anonymous behind the radiance.
13th May, 2015
My first review. In a pathetic effort to give something back to this fantastic site:

Two words sum this up. Classy/Rich.

I've read the other reviews. I agree it is kind of cool and metallic in places. but i feel that aspect lends the fragrance a classy mature but contempry aspect. Its got way more layers and substance than cool water.

I'm 48 and wanted to move away from the dated powerhouses but not into kiddy corner. I think this bridged the gap for me.

As my collection grows and I learn. This is definitely for evenings. Not down the pub, Terre de hermes does that job so well. But to dinner or a show with the wife . Maybe a late night in town suited and booted. It will work just as well summer or winter in that regard.

Its never overpowering but has good silage and excellent longevity. 2 sprays and I can still smell it on me the next day.
29th April, 2015
This fragrance is me in a bottle, although I switched to Bleu due to me being too timid to wear Platinum. It gave off the impression of me fighting versus the world. This fragrance owns the metallic, dominant "Platinum" scent, it comes off very strong at first and tones down to a genuine smell shortly after. This is for a man who keeps a medium amount of testosterone in him, it projects your manliness with a delicious mystery.

It doesn't make you happy and friendly. It allows you to be more timid, official, classy, and really strong.

The lavender and rosemary make themselves known right there and then, the first scent doesn't allow you to escape its presence, everyone notices. Sage and geranium tone down to a scent that doesn't allow just anyone to approach you, they have to be granted access, people can't bite. Lastly it goes down to tree-moss labdanum cedar-wood genuine after-work smell that will give your woman a hint of what you want to give her tonight, but is it roughness to show dominance... or is it softness to show that you're ready to spend the last bits of your energy to satisfy?

TAKE NOTE:
-Do not use if you're a laidback person, a non-confident person, or an unsure man.
-Spray ONCE and PRESS HARD for a good mark.
-Spray on backhands+neck to portray clear dominance
-Spray on neck+chest to create your own aura that only some can enter.
-IT WILL BE OFFENSIVE TO INSECURE CREATURES
-TAKES TIME TO OWN THE SMELL

All in all, you can smell the Chanel quality in this piece, the container has obvious class which brings me nostalgia just looking at it (I collect the containers), UNIQUE and NOT FOR EVERYONE, for the man who knows what he wants and is going to go extra mile to get what he desires.

25th April, 2015
I have used this one and off for several years. To me it is a high quality fresh and clean fragrance. The longevity is very good.
It is a very safe for work cologne, which also puts across the Channel quality.
Just a good quality and well balanced fragrance which I think I will always keep a stock of.
05th April, 2015
This is an absolute classic in my humble opinion, but what happened to it after it was reformulated? Longevity seems to have been curtailed by half of what it used to be or maybe it's just my skin.
28th March, 2015 (last edited: 07th June, 2015)

Add your review of Platinum Égoïste

Shop for Platinum Égoïste products online

Shop for Platinum Égoïste at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Platinum Égoïste

Member images of Platinum Égoïste

There are no member images of Platinum Égoïste yet. Why not be the first?