Platinum Égoïste (1993)

PerfumerJacques Polge
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Platinum Égoïste

The "alter ego" of Egoiste. A fresh fragrance enjoyed by many. Similar bottle to the original Egoiste, but with a silver lid. Packaged in a silver box.

Platinum Égoïste fragrance notes

Reviews of Platinum Égoïste

Wood...floral wood...toasted floral wood...synthetic toasted floral wood. I don't care for the opening. The initial spray brought to mind the sameness of scent I get at virtually every designer fragrance counter. I did smell an almost Creed like ambergris and citrus on the outer fringes of the opening. It was slight and fleeting, but I did like that for a moment. Platinum Egoiste does get nicer in the dry down as the harshness of the opening settles. Of the listed notes, I get none in the opening except for the pettigrain. I love both lavender and rosemary, but I can't find them in the overpowering musky, designer fume that my nose was fighting through in PE's opening. In the mids I got geranium and perhaps galbanum, but no clary sage. The base notes of vetiver, cedar wood, labdanum and tree moss escaped me except for the cedar. I wouldn't recognize labdanum if it came up and bit me at this point, but I'm still learning. Platinum Egoiste is a disappointment for me. I had heard good things about it, but it's definitely not my style. Villoresi's Uomo is the astringent woody frag I'd reach for in this realm and would never feel the need to reach for Platinum Egoiste again.
04th August, 2017
Got a sample last saturday at Douglas and decided to give it a try to the office today.
I'm totally disappointed by this fragrance. It doesn't smell at all, it was like i was wearing nothing! When i sprayed it on i got a whiff that lasted a few minutes and then it was gone. The whiff i got reminded me of some laundry detergent or soap and a vague hint of Cool Water.
Such a disappointment! I will sample the original Egoiste in the future, hope it has a better performance.
17th July, 2017
Turin's "sad fougère".
My poignant recollection.
Time - prophet and judge.
25th June, 2017
I never smelled Egoiste but this platinum version is what I consider to be the classiest scent that I own.

It's mature, fresh, piny even. I can smell the rosemary and vetiver as well.

Great performance on me.

I get a full day out of it which means I can smell it on my clothes at the end of the day.

I just associate it with the conception of class.

Very fresh and clear.

Biggie mentions it in the lyrics of "Nasty Girl".

30th April, 2017
A smooth version of Rive Gauche pour Homme. The Woods, Geranium, and Lavender give it that RG quality but without the anise. I prefer RG, but the moss and wood here give it more sophistication and it feels classic. The basenotes of Vetiver, Cedarwood, Labdanum, and Treemoss are the most interesting parts of the fragrance for me. The Petitgrain and rosemary are the least interesting. Still over all it's a good fragrance.
26th April, 2017
it's classic, thats why Notorius BIG mentions it in his lyrics :)

I think I'm going to buy it again, but have heard the scent may have changed from a decade or so ago when I first owned it.
12th March, 2017