Platinum Égoïste (1993)

PerfumerJacques Polge
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Platinum Égoïste

The "alter ego" of Egoiste. A fresh fragrance enjoyed by many. Similar bottle to the original Egoiste, but with a silver lid. Packaged in a silver box.

Platinum Égoïste fragrance notes

Reviews of Platinum Égoïste

Classic and not dated.

The question maybe, why don't I yet own a bottle of this??

This is Sharp on the opening, elegant, classy and very versatile and wareable, very safe scent to ware out and about or even a daily work scent.

I smell after an hour a soapy clean Vetiver, with a little touch of neroli. And that is what is appealing to me.
My collection consists mainly of Dark Ouds, and strong heavy incense offerings.... So this would be a complete oposite to my Frag wardrobe.

This is now on my radar... See how long I can resist temptation. Lol
10th July, 2018
Wow, I'm surprised I'm giving Chanel's cologne a thumbs down.

It opens up decent, with a nice fresh, coldness to it. I've smelled better openings though.

But then it dries down and this queasy-inducing smell comes about. At first it smells almost feminine/floral/slightly powdery, but there's other elements as well that make it smell like...nauseating, stomach turning. Smells like diapers.

Usually when I rush to scrub a fragrance off me it's because they're overly sharp, way too sweet, way too heavy, but this one was actually grossing me out a bit. And it was very hard to wash it off as well.

01st June, 2018 (last edited: 12th July, 2018)
I've tried a lot of 'barbershop' fragrances including Pinaud Clubman, YSL's Rive Gauche pour homme, Azzaro pour Homme, Replica's At the Barber, and others. Citrus barbershop scents is another story, but as far as lavender-centric barbershop scents go, this is hands down the greatest. It smells absolutely fantastic and is far superior to all of the other barbershop scents I just listed. It's basically lavender and geranium with clary sage and neroli as well into the drydown. Sillage and longevity are both excellent. The lavender isn't overly sweet as in Azzaro pour Homme or Rive Gauche, and it isn't coupled with anise (which smells odd to my nose). The geranium makes the whole thing smell and feel very cooling, almost like mint. Due to the clary sage and slight neroli in it, it retains an old-world sort of character to it, and reminds me of a lavender version of Salvatore Farragamo's Acqua Essenziale Colonia (a citrus barbershop favourite of mine). This is the greatest barbershop scent, hands down. I want a full bottle of this some day.

09th May, 2018
Fresh, Herbal, Clean, Woody.

Once again, that excellent Chanel quality is there making this inoffensive, extremely versatile, well blended, and easy to wear. It's a compliment machine too, if that's your thing. We've all smelled Fierce by A&F so picture this as a polished and more refined version. The former is probably meant for the ages 15-25. Throw another 20 onto that for Platinum Egoiste.
06th March, 2018
Fresh, sharp, bitter lemon opening, via petitgrain, I presume. There's also a refined saltiness in the base. I'm not sure if that's a Chanel base or what but it smells classy. Later the drydown becomes smooth and has sweet, woody notes. There's still just a hint of that citrus. My wife complimented me upon walking into the room after spraying, saying it was very fresh and clean. Doesn't smell dated at all to me.

Feels very versatile. All occasions and conditions.

The opening projection is great but that only lasts for 30 minutes, maybe. After that, you get mild projection for 3-4 hours. Then it's a skin scent the rest of the day but still smells great.
26th January, 2018
Very fresh floral scent in the opening.

Unfortunately, the drydown reminds me of Adidas sports deodorant spray
09th December, 2017

Add your review of Platinum Égoïste

Shop for Platinum Égoïste products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Platinum Égoïste