Platinum Égoïste (1993)

PerfumerJacques Polge
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Platinum Égoïste

The "alter ego" of Egoiste. A fresh fragrance enjoyed by many. Similar bottle to the original Egoiste, but with a silver lid. Packaged in a silver box.

Platinum Égoïste fragrance notes

Reviews of Platinum Égoïste

Fresh, Herbal, Clean, Woody.

Once again, that excellent Chanel quality is there making this inoffensive, extremely versatile, well blended, and easy to wear. It's a compliment machine too, if that's your thing. We've all smelled Fierce by A&F so picture this as a polished and more refined version. The former is probably meant for the ages 15-25. Throw another 20 onto that for Platinum Egoiste.
06th March, 2018
Fresh, sharp, bitter lemon opening, via petitgrain, I presume. There's also a refined saltiness in the base. I'm not sure if that's a Chanel base or what but it smells classy. Later the drydown becomes smooth and has sweet, woody notes. There's still just a hint of that citrus. My wife complimented me upon walking into the room after spraying, saying it was very fresh and clean. Doesn't smell dated at all to me.

Feels very versatile. All occasions and conditions.

The opening projection is great but that only lasts for 30 minutes, maybe. After that, you get mild projection for 3-4 hours. Then it's a skin scent the rest of the day but still smells great.
26th January, 2018
Very fresh floral scent in the opening.

Unfortunately, the drydown reminds me of Adidas sports deodorant spray
09th December, 2017
Wood...floral wood...toasted floral wood...synthetic toasted floral wood. I don't care for the opening. The initial spray brought to mind the sameness of scent I get at virtually every designer fragrance counter. I did smell an almost Creed like ambergris and citrus on the outer fringes of the opening. It was slight and fleeting, but I did like that for a moment. Platinum Egoiste does get nicer in the dry down as the harshness of the opening settles. Of the listed notes, I get none in the opening except for the pettigrain. I love both lavender and rosemary, but I can't find them in the overpowering musky, designer fume that my nose was fighting through in PE's opening. In the mids I got geranium and perhaps galbanum, but no clary sage. The base notes of vetiver, cedar wood, labdanum and tree moss escaped me except for the cedar. I wouldn't recognize labdanum if it came up and bit me at this point, but I'm still learning. Platinum Egoiste is a disappointment for me. I had heard good things about it, but it's definitely not my style. Villoresi's Uomo is the astringent woody frag I'd reach for in this realm and would never feel the need to reach for Platinum Egoiste again.
04th August, 2017
Got a sample last saturday at Douglas and decided to give it a try to the office today.
I'm totally disappointed by this fragrance. It doesn't smell at all, it was like i was wearing nothing! When i sprayed it on i got a whiff that lasted a few minutes and then it was gone. The whiff i got reminded me of some laundry detergent or soap and a vague hint of Cool Water.
Such a disappointment! I will sample the original Egoiste in the future, hope it has a better performance.
17th July, 2017
Turin's "sad fougère".
My poignant recollection.
Time - prophet and judge.
25th June, 2017