Platinum Égoïste (1993)

PerfumerJacques Polge
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Platinum Égoïste

The "alter ego" of Egoiste. A fresh fragrance enjoyed by many. Similar bottle to the original Egoiste, but with a silver lid. Packaged in a silver box.

Platinum Égoïste fragrance notes

Reviews of Platinum Égoïste

Wow, I'm surprised I'm giving Chanel's cologne a thumbs down.

It opens up decent, with a nice fresh, coldness to it. I've smelled better openings though.

But then it dries down and this queasy-inducing smell comes about. At first it smells almost feminine/floral/slightly powdery, but there's other elements as well that make it smell like...nauseating, stomach turning.

Usually when I rush to scrub a fragrance off me it's because they're overly sharp, way too sweet, way too heavy, but this one was actually grossing me out a bit. And it was very hard to wash it off as well.

01st June, 2018
I've tried a lot of 'barbershop' fragrances including Pinaud Clubman, YSL's Rive Gauche pour homme, Azzaro pour Homme, Replica's At the Barber, and others. Citrus barbershop scents is another story, but as far as lavender-centric barbershop scents go, this is hands down the greatest. It smells absolutely fantastic and is far superior to all of the other barbershop scents I just listed. It's basically lavender and geranium with clary sage and neroli as well into the drydown. Sillage and longevity are both excellent. The lavender isn't overly sweet as in Azzaro pour Homme or Rive Gauche, and it isn't coupled with anise (which smells odd to my nose). The geranium makes the whole thing smell and feel very cooling, almost like mint. Due to the clary sage and slight neroli in it, it retains an old-world sort of character to it, and reminds me of a lavender version of Salvatore Farragamo's Acqua Essenziale Colonia (a citrus barbershop favourite of mine). This is the greatest barbershop scent, hands down. I want a full bottle of this some day.

09th May, 2018
Fresh, Herbal, Clean, Woody.

Once again, that excellent Chanel quality is there making this inoffensive, extremely versatile, well blended, and easy to wear. It's a compliment machine too, if that's your thing. We've all smelled Fierce by A&F so picture this as a polished and more refined version. The former is probably meant for the ages 15-25. Throw another 20 onto that for Platinum Egoiste.
06th March, 2018
Fresh, sharp, bitter lemon opening, via petitgrain, I presume. There's also a refined saltiness in the base. I'm not sure if that's a Chanel base or what but it smells classy. Later the drydown becomes smooth and has sweet, woody notes. There's still just a hint of that citrus. My wife complimented me upon walking into the room after spraying, saying it was very fresh and clean. Doesn't smell dated at all to me.

Feels very versatile. All occasions and conditions.

The opening projection is great but that only lasts for 30 minutes, maybe. After that, you get mild projection for 3-4 hours. Then it's a skin scent the rest of the day but still smells great.
26th January, 2018
Very fresh floral scent in the opening.

Unfortunately, the drydown reminds me of Adidas sports deodorant spray
09th December, 2017
Wood...floral wood...toasted floral wood...synthetic toasted floral wood. I don't care for the opening. The initial spray brought to mind the sameness of scent I get at virtually every designer fragrance counter. I did smell an almost Creed like ambergris and citrus on the outer fringes of the opening. It was slight and fleeting, but I did like that for a moment. Platinum Egoiste does get nicer in the dry down as the harshness of the opening settles. Of the listed notes, I get none in the opening except for the pettigrain. I love both lavender and rosemary, but I can't find them in the overpowering musky, designer fume that my nose was fighting through in PE's opening. In the mids I got geranium and perhaps galbanum, but no clary sage. The base notes of vetiver, cedar wood, labdanum and tree moss escaped me except for the cedar. I wouldn't recognize labdanum if it came up and bit me at this point, but I'm still learning. Platinum Egoiste is a disappointment for me. I had heard good things about it, but it's definitely not my style. Villoresi's Uomo is the astringent woody frag I'd reach for in this realm and would never feel the need to reach for Platinum Egoiste again.
04th August, 2017

CHANEL EGOISTE PLATINUM POUR HOMME EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY 100 ML/3.4 FL.OZ. NIB

• USD $99.50
  • Time Left: 29 days
  • Shipping from: United States

CHANEL PLATINUM EGOISTE 3.4 oz EDT SPRAY 30% FULL SCUFFED NO CAP READ (BRL5)

• USD $29.99

Chanel Egoiste Platinum Cologne Edt 5ml Sample Travel Bleu Allure Homme Antaeus

• USD $11.69
  • Time Left: 10 days
  • Shipping from: United States

AUTHENTIC Chanel Platinum Egoiste EDT - Travel Sample FAST FREE SHIPPING DECANTS

• USD $12.99
  • Time Left: 18 days

Chanel Egoiste Platinum 3.4

• USD $52.00 HIGHEST BID
  • Listing Type: Auction – 7 Bid(s)
  • Time Left: