Polo Crest (1991)

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseRalph Lauren
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Polo Crest

Polo Crest is a masculine fragrance by Ralph Lauren. The scent was launched in 1991

Polo Crest fragrance notes

Reviews of Polo Crest

Wow, super-manly and has that classic Polo green smell I remember from my childhood. I was nostalgic for the original Polo green and tried various testers at the mall and airports, all smelled terrible. So jumped on Basenotes and sure enough, it had been reformulated to crap. Vintage is too much for me so I snagged a mini bottle of Crest, which I also learned about on Basenotes. I tried Modern Reserve and like that one too, but this stuff has just the right mix of classic manliness and modern clean. I think I just grew some more chest hair...thanks Polo Crest!
12th November, 2016
WOW this is a winner for sure. Too bad it is discontinued. Tried this over the weekend at my uncles house (who is nursing a bottle of this marvelous juice). Put a little dab on my wrist and enjoyed the great scent for close to 5 hours. Smells 90% like the original Polo (Green) with just a touch more sweetness to my nose. Too bad it is discontinued and the online pricing is ridiculous. If you get a bottle ENJOY!
01st August, 2016
Best Ralph Lauren Polo fragrance ever. Better than the original Green IMO. Too bad it was discontinued long ago and can't be found at a reasonable price. I guess someone somewhere buys and wears Polo Red. Nobody I know, though.

Wish Crest was still around.
16th March, 2015
rbaker Show all reviews
One of the best Polos

Hesperidic tones in the opening mix with green notes and later in the drydown a quite refined patchouli. At times with a floral hint, it has a mild, pleasant underlying sweetness. The base note is dominated by a gentle oakmoss, and this is my impression of this fragrance: restrained and not at all bumptious. After the first hour the projection recedes rapidly, and it remains close to my skin. Given this, I had little hope as far as longevity is concerned, but I was proven wrong: it is, albeit weakly, detectable for over five hours. As far as Polos go, an interesting one.

23rd July, 2013
Polo minus the cigar ash. A masterpiece of clean smelly man-ness. You're probably not worthy. Your dad probably was.
08th December, 2012
Polo Crest is a dry wood child of the magisterial Polo Green. Crest opens with a citrus, herbal mix that is not as sharp as Polo Green. Basil, juniper, and caraway are front and center in Crest. The distinctive pine note of Polo Green only peeks around the corner in Crest. The heart notes in Crest are floral, which lead directly to the oakmoss and patchouli base notes, with a dash of leather, amber and cedar. Crest is a refined fragrance that can be worn in many occasions. Longevity is excellent and projection is admirable. These are the fragrances my nose pines for, masculine, self-assured, somewhat edgy by today's watery standards. Even if you despise Polo Green, I recommend you give Crest a try. In the case of Polo Green and Crest, the child is much better behaved than the rambunctious father.
10th October, 2012

Add your review of Polo Crest

Shop for Polo Crest products online

Search Amazon for Polo Crest

Member images of Polo Crest

There are no member images of Polo Crest yet. Why not be the first?