Polo Sport (1993)

Average Rating: 3

Based on 355 ratings

Polo Sport Fragrance Notes

Polo Sport information

Bright, bold, cobalt blue - The sleek contoured design was inspired by the shape of a water bottle. The cap is patterned to represent the design of a bar bell weight. Well that's what I was told anyhow. It's got lots of seaweed in it, which seems a bit disturbing, but it's not put many people off, as it's the worlds number one "Sports" fragrance. Don't ask me what makes a fragrance a "sports fragrance" apart from the name. I once drunk a whole bottle and I didn't run any faster.

Shop for Polo Sport products online

75ml EdT
    125ml EdT
    125ml EdT

Reviews of Polo Sport

Showing 1 to 6 of 60 reviews.

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Fougère

It’s blue, it says “sport” on the bottle, and, surprise, it’s a “fresh,” fruity-aquatic fougère. What were you expecting – Knize Ten? Heaven knows the world needs more fragrances like this – but only if we find a way to make their fumes fuel an automobile or a city bus.

Attempting pineapple in lieu of the usual apple, Polo Sport is on the tart side as its ilk goes, which might make the industrial chemical aquatic accord more tolerable than elsewhere. But only by degree. In my book Polo Sport is no more or less superfluous than any other blue fragrance for men, and guys who want something of this sort will get what they expect from it. I only wonder why they would want it?

23 June, 2014 (Last Edited: 25 July, 2014)

OCNBreeze7's avatar

The Original Polo Sport... A great fragrance that we will miss...

One of the classic fragrance designers, Ralph Lauren, has produced a number of scents we have grown to love. It is too bad that some of these fragrances have run their course and "put out to pasture" - so to speak. Polo Sport is one of these fragrances that became a classic, but with time, has become increasingly hard to find. Perhaps it, too, has been discontinued. I recently purchased this fragrance online and could hardly await arrival of the scent that became popular in the mid-90s - as a mid-40s guy (and still roguishly handsome) - I remember this time period fondly...

Out of the bottle Polo Sport presents a complexity of notes, but settles into simplicity of citrus, fruity, and "woodsy" notes. A classic scent that is breathes clean, fresh, and distinguished. Well done, Mr. Lauren..!! While the longevity and projection/sillage of this new bottle is average, it seems that bottles produced in the late 90s or early 00s, the fragrance lasted longer with greater sillage. There have been comparisons to younger siblings, "Red, White, and Blue" and "Polo Blue Sport" - I am not sure I get those same notes. Each are great fragrances, but very much different than this blend.

Polo Sport has plenty of "Wow Factor" (compliments from the opposite sex) potential. The first day I wore this, I did not receive any compliments, but due to it's fresh and clean wake, the potential is there. One of the beauties about Polo Sport is the versatility or flexibility - perhaps tailored more for Spring and Summer, I feel confident the fragrance can be worn any time of year and for any occasion. It also can be a favorite for all ages - those of us who grew up with Polo Sport and the younger audience who want to feel clean and fresh.

The bottle is an exceptional and classic design - typical Ralph Lauren.. As mentioned, I purchased this online. That said, the packaging is average at best. I, generally, am not a "conspiracy theory" type of guy, but I have pondered the thought of authenticity of this purchase. (I will add the purchase was through a very reputable source..) Regardless, the packaging is average or modest.

Speaking of the purchase, Polo Sport can still be found moderately priced. My final tally of Polo Sport is 4.3 stars out of 5. Yes, there may be better fragrances out there - even I have those that rank higher - but Polo Sport is truly a classic fragrance that I enjoy. I highly recommend adding to your collection - or for us 40+ more distinguished gentlemen (and I use that term 'loosely'..), replenishing our cologne cabinet with a new bottle of Polo Sport.

The Daily I.M. - The best thing in the world, is the world itself (from one of my favorite movies). Make your life count...

10th April, 2014

dallasfan's avatar

It's a good clean scent, smells like a good shower, good office/school scent

I have a few samples, i won't by the bottle though, because there are other similar scents out there, and because it's polo it's too expensive for something thats only decent. If i saw a bottle in the store for like $20-$25 I might think about it if i have the extra money. If you can find it for cheap, and you're relatively new with fragrances i'd reccomend it, but otherwise i wouldn't, it's nice but not worth $40

Pros: Smells nice and it's light
    Cons: Doesn't project too well and doesn't very long"

17 August, 2013

emad91's avatar

A Good Cologne For Daily Use.

I bought it last night...i just love the fragrance. Those sweet woody citrus notes. Its good for daily rough use and for winters i would say as colognes lasts a lil longer in winters. One can use it in summers too but just for a rough daily use. It fades very quickly.

Pros: Smells lovely.
    Cons: Projection and Sillage not as expected."

13 August, 2013

del's avatar

Light, Pleasant, Fresh and Clean Aquatic

I'm typing this review based on my nice memories of Polo Sport: it was the bomb during my college years, and everyone seemed to love it back then, as it smelled fresh, clean, and a little fruity-sweet.

The initial alcohol-y blast projects widely, like the fume is morphing to a hand gently guiding your nose to the wearer. I still remember how it used to turn heads minutes after application. Polo Sport quickly becomes a pleasant aquatic after that.

Polo Sport isn’t a bad fragrance, but it is light, so it lacks lasting power. If you really like the scent, make sure to carry a splash mini-bottle and reapply as needed like I did back in college.

Pros: Pleasant and a head-turner
    Cons: Fades quickly

21st May, 2013

sjg3839's avatar

Great scent I use to wear years ago. Aquatic fresh with a touch of citrus. I would actually still purchase a bottle of this today.

03 October, 2012 (Last Edited: 12 January, 2014)

Add your review of Polo Sport

• Time Left: 22 days
    Ralph Lauren Polo Sport Deodorant Stick Alcohol Free 2.6 OZ ~~ NEW SEALED
    • Time Left: 16 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    !!!~~Very Nice~~~Nib Men's 4.2Oz RALPH LAUREN POLO SPORT EDT NATURAL SPRAY !!!
    • Listing Type: Auction
    • Time Left: 21 days
    Polo Sport by Ralph Lauren 4.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men New In Box
    • Time Left: 22 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    POLO SPORT WOMEN BY RALPH LAUREN 3.4 OZ(100ML) EAU DE TOILETTE SPRAY *NEW IN BOX
    • Time Left: 10 days