Pure Vetiver (2000)

Supplier
PackagingFederico Restrepo
Parent CompanyGroupe Clarins

About Pure Vetiver

The first in a line of three fragrances by Azzaro, called 'The Azzaro Collection', Each of the fragrances goes back to the roots of traditional mens fragrances. Pure Vetiver contains vetiver from Haiti. Future fragrances in the range will be 'Pure Cedrat' and 'Pure Lavande'.

Reviews of Pure Vetiver

Pure Vetiver is an ordinary, fairly basic vetiver scent with a dubious label. Other fragrances out there seem to live up to such a “pure vetiver” standard, such as Guerlain, Gendarme, Carven, Lalique, et. al.

Nonetheless: The opening has a strong hit of tanginess that soon dissipates into a spicy mixture of ginger, mate and nutmeg, tucked inside a green layer of herbal vetiver.

The overall result is an aromatic fragrance resembling a dialed down version of Lagerfeld’s Photo, or of Max Deville’s Camera 600. As such, Pure Vetiver feels surprisingly dated, which I ultimately find to feel average. My suggestion: Look elsewhere for a vetiver scent that is more memorable.
20th April, 2017
elegant energizing chic perfume , enjoyable but not really pure vetiver .
29th January, 2015
Of this side of tropic smells like wet Grass, (herbal n´ fruity) very good long-lasting a little bit sweet but like honeysuckle
04th March, 2014
Tony T Show all reviews
great sillage and longevity. a very clean and natural smelling vetiver. nice light pepper in the middle and then a vetiver finish with a hint of tea. not grounbreaking but exactly what veiver should be. almost as ood as guerlain's..
01st January, 2013
In my opinion - one of the worst fragrances I have ever put on my body. I am a fan of the Azzaro house, and also of clean (soapy) vetiver. This 'thing' is about as nasty and synthetic as anything out there that I have sampled or owned. It's harsh from the opening, and I honestly do not detect any significant change in the 3 hours it has been on my wrist. I was really excited to try this one, and am very sad that it didn't live up to my expectations. Shame on me for raising the bar so high.
14th July, 2012
I think the name is a little false advertising. Is it pure vetiver?
04th April, 2012