Quartz pour Homme (1994)

Average Rating: 4

Based on 30 ratings

Quartz pour Homme Fragrance Notes

Quartz pour Homme information

Quartz pour Homme is a men's fragrance by Molyneux. The scent was launched in 1994 and the bottle was designed by Federico Restrepo

Shop for Quartz pour Homme products online

Reviews of Quartz pour Homme

Showing 1 to 6 of 8 reviews.
    positive 6 Positive Reviewsneutral No Neutral Reviews • negative 2 Negative Reviews

drseid's avatar

Not Good...

Quartz pour Homme opens with a pretty straightforward sour grapefruit. As the fragrance enters the heart phase some of the grapefruit remains, but a relatively sanitized jasmine starts to develop. As the linear progression of the fragrance continues through the dry-down the jasmine grows into the dominant note and stays that way through the late dry-down as the now supporting grapefruit continues to fade, supplemented by an underlying subtle cedar wood and amber tandem late. Projection is above average and longevity is outstanding at over 12 hours on skin.

What a disappointment. Quartz pour Homme was a blind buy that I based on my positive experience with the outstanding vintage Captain from the house and the commonly listed published notes to the composition that contained things like moss and vetiver among others. Let's just cut to the chase, this is a review of a current bottle (sold in a box with a navy top horizontal stripe) and I have to wonder if there was a reformulation along the way because this is a grapefruit and jasmine fragrance all the way with just hints of wood and amber. I detect no moss, no vetiver, no leather, not much spice, etc... Quartz pour Homme strikes me as an inferior jasmine spiked version of Bulgari pour Homme Extreme (and that release was far from any masterpiece to begin with). On the plus side, the performance metrics are quite strong, but that is not necessarily a good thing if you dislike the fragrance itself. The bottom line is Quartz pour Homme is relatively inexpensive at about $25 a 100ml bottle and it may have been a much better fragrance in a prior formulation containing the ingredients I expected to find, but I can only comment on the current formula bought and that earns a disappointing 2 star out of 5 "poor" rating. One to avoid for sure in its current formulation.

Pros: Excellent performance metrics.
    Cons: The published list of notes seem to be largely MIA and the fragrance smells mundane and uninteresting.

20th July, 2013 (Last Edited: 13 December, 2013)

Bigsly's avatar

Too much "fresh" aroma chemicals for me.

Let me say right up front that I can handle and even appreciate the "fresh" aroma chemicals in this one, but there is too much of them and not enough of the notes I was hoping to smell. I'm especially disappointed by the base, which is hardly present or being dominated by the "freshness." I'm thinking a reformulation was done and that I have the new one, because this doesn't seem like much of an effort. Moreover, there are so many other "fresh" ones I'd rather wear (even Baryshnikov Sport) that I don't see myself doing anything other than trying to swap off my 100 ml bottle of this one, especially consider I don't wear these kinds of fresh scent often in the first place!

Pros: Good for office/school type settings, especially in warm weather.
    Cons: Too unbalanced for me."

09 July, 2013

Galvatron77's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Based on the reviews here, I got it from Ebay, and was I nice surprise.
    Quartz PH has some Cacharel Pour Homme vibe in it, that's why I love it so much, but Quartz is more citrusy than CPH.
    One of my favorites in the moment !

12 March, 2013

JaimeB's avatar

A very dry scent dominated in the top notes by bitter citrus rind. The heart note is a combination of sweet and piquant spice notes. Finally, the base consists of woods with touches of leather and musk. The dryness is quite pronounced for quite a long time, but eventually these harsher notes are relieved by the remains of the spice notes with woods, leather, and musk. The final stage is quite elegant and gentlemanly, and the best part of the ride, in my opinion.

06 September, 2010

shamu1's avatar

I don't know if it's my sense of smell or a lack of ability to discern fragrance notes, but I don't smell the same notes everyone else is smelling. I don't smell any pepper, earthiness, woody notes or cardamom at all. I don't smell any stones or rocks either, though that would have been interesting.

What I do smell is a very classy, elegant fragrance that exudes quiet self-confidence. To describe Quartz Pour Homme in a nutshell, I say it smells like green apples blended with lavender, a touch of leather and sharp oakmoss. I don't even know how to classify this. A fruity fougere?

I find Quartz to be a sweet fragrance, but not heavy or syrupy; it is a fruity sweet scent. It is light and very transparent, and it projects softly and gently - A*Men type sillage would be completely inappropriate and undignified for a fragrance like Quartz. It is long lasting but discreet, giving off little hints that it's there. I love how low-key this scent is.

Although it sells for dirt cheap prices, it has all the beauty and natural elegance of a high-end Guerlain or Chanel. Quartz Pour Homme is a class act all the way.

MY RATING: 8.5/10

30th July, 2010

odysseusm's avatar

Quartz pour Homme is a restrained yet interesting scent. It is not expensive but shows very well. Note: to the fragrance notes add (top, apple) and (mid, moss). The apple opening is a bit fruity but not problematic. The clove spice is restrained and warms this up a bit. Everything is well blended, and what we have here is a classy, crisp, professional, white-shirt presentation. I agree completely with KR’s astute comments about QpH being discreet, intellectual and conservative. Lovely mossy notes emerge in the dry-down. I like this very much! For some reason this is what I thought Swiss Army would be like, but was disappointed in SA. QpH is a somewhat obscure find which I will really enjoy coming back to time and again to savor its cool and subtle charms.

22 March, 2007

Add your review of Quartz pour Homme

Search for on eBay United States

Quartz Pour Homme by Molyneux 3.3 / 3.4oz 100ml Spray For Men
    • Time Left: 19 days
    (Shipping from United States)
    QUARTZ POUR HOMME by Molyneux 3.3 oz. edt Cologne Spray (Original)
    • Time Left: 26 days