Quasar (1994)

About Quasar

Quasar is a masculine fragrance by J del Pozo. The scent was launched in 1994

Quasar fragrance notes

Reviews of Quasar

If you like Acqua di Gio, but want something more complex than this is it. It has a mix of fruit and citrus in the opening, but it's not sweet. Within 5 minutes it goes into the herbal stage where you get the clary sage, rosemary, geranium a just a hint of lavender. In the base I can only recognize cedar and sandalwood. This transitions within 10 minutes to the base with the top notes gone and the middle notes in the background. Quasar is one of the few summer type fragrances that I think you can wear all year round. Some might call it boring, but it's more interesting that AdG, Perry Ellis 360 Red, etc.
02nd February, 2015
Quasar is very fresh and masculine. I first tried in back in the late 1990's, and I have not stopped using it since. Though it contains banana and fruit notes it is not very sweet. It smells almost aquatic to me. It is perfect for the summer months.
04th August, 2014
This potion had accumulated high expectations on my part before I got to try it for the first time. Unfortunately, the hype around this scent occured to be unsubstantiated. The initial sweet blast faded away into a putrid soapy stench reminiscent of an old cheap after shave lotion. Not my taste at all.
05th March, 2014
Basically, sage and laundry detergent. A thoroughly generic fresh scent.
01st March, 2013
He fell in love with the bottle (it's an absolute killer) and was sufficiently intriqued by the reviews. To me it's pineapple that appears like a cartoon ribbon, a whiff, and it's gone, but it's very appealing when it does, because it's so capricious. The dry down is very pleasant and I have to add further endorsement to Jesus del Pozo's unique line of fragrances. My daughter stole 'In Black' from me in the way that daughters do.
I venture to suggest that most men would love the Quasar bottle and that the fragrance is not polarizing, therefore making it a good gift option. Just a thought.
12th February, 2013
A very pleasant scent, light and fruity on the opening, it fells semi gourmand and it reminded me of Thallium a lot, although I must say that I like Thallium a little better.
But what makes this fragrance great is its drydown, a mossy sandalwood/patchouli accord with a faint spicy cedar background. It is trully excellent and leaves Thallium eating dust.
Sillage is pretty decent at first, but as it reaches the basenotes it becomes a very close to the skin perfume, but you get whiffs of it regurlarly. Longevity is OK, sometimes 4-6 hrs or more.
Not among my top 20, but a good perfume by all means
15th March, 2012

Add your review of Quasar

Shop for Quasar products online

Search Amazon for Quasar

Member images of Quasar

There are no member images of Quasar yet. Why not be the first?