Quasar (1994)
    by J del Pozo

Quasar Fragrance Notes

Shop for Quasar products online

Reviews of Quasar

Showing 1 to 6 of 32 reviews.

Muzzer27's avatar
    Muzzer27
    Poland Poland

This potion had accumulated high expectations on my part before I got to try it for the first time. Unfortunately, the hype around this scent occured to be unsubstantiated. The initial sweet blast faded away into a putrid soapy stench reminiscent of an old cheap after shave lotion. Not my taste at all.

05 March, 2014

Tripfall's avatar
    Tripfall

Basically, sage and laundry detergent. A thoroughly generic fresh scent.

01st March, 2013

Bal a Versailles's avatar
    Bal a Versailles

He fell in love with the bottle (it's an absolute killer) and was sufficiently intriqued by the reviews. To me it's pineapple that appears like a cartoon ribbon, a whiff, and it's gone, but it's very appealing when it does, because it's so capricious. The dry down is very pleasant and I have to add further endorsement to Jesus del Pozo's unique line of fragrances. My daughter stole 'In Black' from me in the way that daughters do.
    I venture to suggest that most men would love the Quasar bottle and that the fragrance is not polarizing, therefore making it a good gift option. Just a thought.

12 February, 2013

PerfumeCollector's avatar
    PerfumeCollector

A very pleasant scent, light and fruity on the opening, it fells semi gourmand and it reminded me of Thallium a lot, although I must say that I like Thallium a little better.
    But what makes this fragrance great is its drydown, a mossy sandalwood/patchouli accord with a faint spicy cedar background. It is trully excellent and leaves Thallium eating dust.
    Sillage is pretty decent at first, but as it reaches the basenotes it becomes a very close to the skin perfume, but you get whiffs of it regurlarly. Longevity is OK, sometimes 4-6 hrs or more.
    Not among my top 20, but a good perfume by all means

15 March, 2012

PigeonMurderer's avatar
    PigeonMurderer
    Finland Finland

Yes, it's been made by Chris Sheldrake, probably my all time favourite perfumer. And the concept is fascinating : Perfumeintelligence.co.uk tells me that it was the intention to create a smell of fresh, straight from the press newspaper.

But alas, it's a cheap Cool Water imitation with nostril burning synthetic edge. And I don't smell anything like fresh newspaper. A shame.

Quasar is a fruity herbaceous scent with a harsh vs. creamy woody base. People are talking about banana; and sure, I can smell it too. Vaguely, but still.

The bottle that basically looks very good, has terrible plastic details that fell completely apart in my use.

I don't understand why anyone would consider this to be somewhat "strange" or "challenging" a fragrance. It really beats me, since this is eventually a very mediocre, conventional and boring fragrance.

It deserves a neutral after all, especially since it can be found almost for free.

19 March, 2011

SirScent's avatar
    SirScent

Quasar is a very nice aquatic with an interesting banana note thrown in for a peel. (Sorry, I couldn't resist). Actually, I think it is the banana note that makes this one unique from similar aquatics. Casual and light, I cannot imagine this offending anyone's senses. My only objection is it's longevity, which is about 2 hours on me. Still highly recommended and a thumbs up.

06 January, 2011