Quasar (1994)

About Quasar

Quasar is a masculine fragrance by J del Pozo. The scent was launched in 1994

Quasar fragrance notes

Reviews of Quasar

I felt compelled to update my review. This is possibly the best aquatic mens fragrance, ever. I now get the banana peel immediately, and the top fruity/aquatic notes never go away. 20-30 minutes or so and it deepens, with lavender smoothing it out and rosemary giving it sharpness. An hour or so and the base notes are there, giving it the most amazing woody depth. I have many bottles, and vintage is probably the best. Many compliments on this one, from men and women alike. All about layering with this one. I wash with a non fragrant body wash, pat that dry and then use a non fragrant lotion. I spray in all the key areas, 4-5 sprays. Then about an hour later, I spray again, and it lasts until I take my morning shower the next day. Too bad it was discontinued, I've got a stockpile because of this. I've been watching the pricing on Quasar, and it is slowly creeping up. In 3-4 years you won't be able to touch a 125ml bottle under $80-100. US dollars. Grab this elixir of the gods at a good price while you still can. My absolute favorite mens fragrance.
30th August, 2015 (last edited: 09th January, 2016)
One of the best aquatic scents. Banana leafs and minty notes make it special. Very fresh and clean. Safe scent. Difficult to offend someone with this one.

Good job 7.5/10
15th August, 2015
If you like Acqua di Gio, but want something more complex than this is it. It has a mix of fruit and citrus in the opening, but it's not sweet. Within 5 minutes it goes into the herbal stage where you get the clary sage, rosemary, geranium a just a hint of lavender. In the base I can only recognize cedar and sandalwood. This transitions within 10 minutes to the base with the top notes gone and the middle notes in the background. Quasar is one of the few summer type fragrances that I think you can wear all year round. Some might call it boring, but it's more interesting that AdG, Perry Ellis 360 Red, etc.
02nd February, 2015
Quasar is very fresh and masculine. I first tried in back in the late 1990's, and I have not stopped using it since. Though it contains banana and fruit notes it is not very sweet. It smells almost aquatic to me. It is perfect for the summer months.
04th August, 2014
This potion had accumulated high expectations on my part before I got to try it for the first time. Unfortunately, the hype around this scent occured to be unsubstantiated. The initial sweet blast faded away into a putrid soapy stench reminiscent of an old cheap after shave lotion. Not my taste at all.
05th March, 2014
Basically, sage and laundry detergent. A thoroughly generic fresh scent.
01st March, 2013

Add your review of Quasar

Shop for Quasar products online

Search Amazon for Quasar

Member images of Quasar

There are no member images of Quasar yet. Why not be the first?