Quorum (1982)

PerfumerSebastian Gomez
PackagingAndré Ricard
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Fragrance & Personal Care

About Quorum

A classic scent from the Spanish Scent gurus.

Quorum fragrance notes

Reviews of Quorum

I have a flacon of this awesome stuff that's a pre-barcode and the batch code dates it to 1986. Quorum is phenomenal and nuclear strong, especially the lasting power of an achievable 24+ hours where by then it's a silky smooth oakmoss moderate skin scent. Smells better when dabbed then atomized although I do like to atomize it from time to time, it comes out deeper when dabbed and insane sillage when atomized. I always thought that I hated oakmoss until I smelled a proper vintage.

What I get from this is pine, patchouli, jasmine, tobacco and oakmoss and it smells superb from beginning to end. There is a funk aspect for about two hours in the heart notes that I can never quite place but it's definitely animalic, sightly poopy but not nearly anything that's off putting, hard to explain but it's there although I personally enjoy it. Quorum is a fantastic scent, excellent ingredients with very good note separation.

I can't speak for any reformulations because I don't waste my time with those IFRA abominations, in anything for that matter. Only vintage, always. Reformulations make me feel incredibly depressed, even viewing the packaging is saddening.
12th October, 2017
In my fragrance journey for something awesome from the powerhouse era I found Quorum.
Like most cologne, the initial opening is nice. The dry down though...not good.
It's similar to smelling like a spice rack. Thyme and basil, stuff like that. I don't know why someone would want to smell like this.
The color of the bottle, brown and a sickly green should have given me a clue as to what it smelled like.
It's not AWFUL. IT doesn't make your eyes water, or give you a headache. It's not a punch in the face like Kouros or Obsession. It's a lot lighter than those. It smells so-so when sniffing the sprayer or just that initial first spray. But the herbs and spices smell, mixed with a BO/sweat vibe is just weird.
07th October, 2017
Not too bad. Quorum is patterned after the original Polo, or, seems to bean attempt to cover the same basic template, with more herbs mixed in. Quorum has a dirtier, mustier vibe than Polo does in my opinion. I don't mind Quorum. It's a great value for the price, and if applied lightly is enjoyable.
27th August, 2017
Oviatt Show all reviews
Antonio Puig’s Quorum is not the snarling powerhouse beast that I had always thought. I recently bought it—blind—and instantly recognized a soapy, woody/herbal manly scent that is very familiar, remarkably comforting and resolutely masculine. Instead of being loud, the way most powerhouses are characterized, it is assertive. Quorum has made up its mind, thrown back its broad shoulders and marches forward, asserting to all who come into its wake that this is a man’s fragrance. The bergamot, lemon and grapefruit in the top notes give it a passing post shower and shave freshness. The pine, sandalwood and patchouli in its heart notes are bolstered by the florals—jasmine, cyclamen and carnation—but so well blended that they do not announce themselves individually but simply round out the strong woods. There is cumin in the mix, with its usual sweaty note (all of this assertiveness can cause you to work up a sweat) but in this case is far in the background. Quorum really comes into its own in the base notes, where leather and tobacco play a supporting role to the oak moss—lots and lots of oak moss—that is slightly sweetened with a note of amber. Even in its latest iteration there is tree and oak moss which gives this a distinctly pre-IFRA feel; not dated, but simply from a better time when restrictions were not a concern. For the price, this is a no brainer.
10th May, 2017
I really can't handle the strong incense vibe. Otherwise, very powerful and easy on the wallet. Puig is a good house for high value products, for sure.
03rd March, 2017
Yikes! Smacks of nostalgic loud 80's men colognes. Has a typical mossy, spicy start that mellows out to an average, shimmering woody vibe that doesn't last too long (at least not on me).

Can be obtained at super-bargain prices for the adventurous types. Wear with caution!
18th December, 2016

Add your review of Quorum

Shop for Quorum products online

Shop for Quorum at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Quorum

Member images of Quorum

There are no member images of Quorum yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Quorum