Quorum (1982)

PerfumerSebastian Gomez
PackagingAndré Ricard
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Fragrance & Personal Care

About Quorum

A classic scent from the Spanish Scent gurus.

Quorum fragrance notes

Reviews of Quorum

sly303 Show all reviews
Jeeez Quorum what a powertower of a fragrance. A ubiquitous product across the forums for a few reasons... Firstly, even if you fail to get on with with the content, the bottle is must have for the cabinet; a broad shouldered, masculine, 80's max barbershop classic! Amazing.

This one took me three attempts to finally appreciate its rawness, its attitude and its powerful notes of lemon, jasmine, leather (in that order). My mistake was a heavy trigger finger. Advise on one or two max and trust me, that will suffice for the day ahead. Perhaps even just one on the back of the neck.

Totally agree with some of the below comments in that this fragrance will not get you the complements from the pretty ladiez but will certainly make your shoulders broader ! grrrr

13th April, 2015
Never thought I would like this. Pine resin, pipe tobacco, cigarette ash, brown sugar and some hitherto undescribed species of acrid citrus fruit. Quorum is a living thing that wafts about you in a multifaceted powerhouse cloud. I suspect that most women dislike it with a vengeance, my wife certainly does. Oh, well, I will just keep it on my shelf and admire the bottle, it's a minor design masterpiece.
06th March, 2015
Just got vintage version! As two Bnoters mentioned earlier, both versions are POWERFUL WOODY AROMATIC SPICE scents.
Vintage, is slightly more sandalwoody (in India sandalwood is used daily in temples /worship, so i know the note like the back of m hand! ),lesser pine, more animalic leather, solid patchouli /jasmine(again native to India! Locally called -"champa/chameli"in Indi ), faint tobacco(( as an accord not as a note (oakmoss/patchouli/leather combo=tobacco ish accord ), also the projection is smooth heavy but unlike Reformulation/New which is loud and slightly sweeter than in Vintage.
Longevity IN BOTH VERSIONS IS AWESOMELY incredible! UNLIKE TODAY 's wimpy metrosexual aquatic/gourmand crap which hardly last a work-day! Qourum stays in clothes for days! On skin 12 hours plus. (Tried & tested personally! ) If you are thirty, like Azzaro PH, Pacco Rabbane PH,Tsar, Kouros etc, you will DIG this master-creation by Puig.
03rd March, 2015
ION-ONE Show all reviews
Wonderful fragrance.

This is the fragrance equivalent of that awkward, quirky, eccentric uncle who time got away from - sure he can rub people up the wrong way, but when we spend time with him the offbeat character really shines through. Clearly this one is not setting out to please everyone in polite-society, it is anti-mainstream - not consciously, just by being content with itself. Happy to be of another time and able to see straight through all the passing trends with a knowing wry smile.

A very green, fresh, aromatic opening. Bergamot, lemony pine needles and raw spices. The spice resembles coriander, caraway and cumin that has just been bashed up to release the raw aroma. On a spring day we can almost detect a a fresh cut grass greenness.

The leather dominates from quite early on. This is an imperfect or well-worn, near animalic leather. A possible hint of civet adds to the animalic feel. Difficult to detect any real floral notes which must be well hidden in the background, rather, pine cuts through the harsher notes giving a barber's talc aroma. Bitter and dry and only slightly smoked. Finally the drydown to oakmoss completes the fouguere powerhouse.

Overall rough, rugged and raw, Unapologetic and masculine. Fans of barbershop scents should check this out. Shares characteristics with Rive Gauche, Brut, Eau Sauvage and even Farenheit. This would be cheap at twice the price. Perfect antidote to all the timid releases of today.
08th February, 2015
ad_scott Show all reviews
Great value for money in terms of quantity and scent. The most I get out of this fragrance is pine, leather, white soap and Marlboro cigarette tobacco/ash. Some days I get a pine forest in winter feeling and other days it smells like an old worn leather jacket impregnated with cigarette smoke. A smoky, clean, green fragrance. Definitely for the fall season; decent sillage, projection and longevity. Quorum is certainly a classic; I remember it being popular in the 1980s and it conjures up memories of Pye televisions with wood-effect casing next to the fireplace at home during a white Christmas. Quorum is masculine, homey and stimulates self-confidence.
05th February, 2015
I had read in various locations on here about a sour, foul, almost turned note within this fragrance (described by some as colorfully as "cat pee"), and I got that too, in ways almost smelled like a fart at times - there's something in there that just ruined and made an otherwise fantastic fragrance unwearable. So I inquired on here within the Powerhouse group as to any alternatives to Quorum, any "clones" if you will, that were close but without that one ruining note in there.

One member suggested Krizia Uomo, which is wonderful! However at the same time I had arranged a swap with a highly reputable and wonderful fellow basenote member, thus acquiring a VINTAGE bottle of Quorum. The bottle I had originally purchased was current formulation. I have to say, being relatively new to this scene, this was my first clear lesson on how very different a reformulation can be. The vintage bottle of Quorum I received has a fragrance that I absolutely love, and is without that terrible, intolerable, ruining note in it that the newer bottle I have possesses.

So my thumbs up rating is for the vintage formulation, not the new one which I just couldn't wear. For anyone having similar experience with this fragrance, or considering purchasing this fragrance for the first time, I hope that having shared my experience in this review will be of help to you.
02nd November, 2014

Add your review of Quorum

Shop for Quorum products online

Shop for Quorum at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Quorum

Member images of Quorum

There are no member images of Quorum yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Quorum