Quorum (1982)

Average Rating: 3.5

Based on 414 ratings

Quorum Fragrance Notes

Quorum information

A classic scent from the Spanish Scent gurus.

Shop for Quorum products online

50ml EdT

Reviews of Quorum

Showing 1 to 6 of 120 reviews.

ION-ONE's avatar

Wonderful fragrance.

This is the fragrance equivalent of that awkward, quirky, eccentric uncle who time got away from - sure he can rub people up the wrong way, but when we spend time with him the offbeat character really shines through. Clearly this one is not setting out to please everyone in polite-society, it is anti-mainstream - not consciously, just by being content with itself. Happy to be of another time and able to see straight through all the passing trends with a knowing wry smile.

A very green, fresh, aromatic opening. Bergamot, lemony pine needles and raw spices. The spice resembles coriander, caraway and cumin that has just been bashed up to release the raw aroma. On a spring day we can almost detect a a fresh cut grass greenness.

The leather dominates from quite early on. This is an imperfect or well-worn, near animalic leather. A possible hint of civet adds to the animalic feel. Difficult to detect any real floral notes which must be well hidden in the background, rather, pine cuts through the harsher notes giving a barber's talc aroma. Bitter and dry and only slightly smoked. Finally the drydown to oakmoss completes the fouguere powerhouse.

Overall rough, rugged and raw, Unapologetic and masculine. Fans of barbershop scents should check this out. Shares characteristics with Rive Gauche, Brut, Eau Sauvage and even Farenheit. This would be cheap at twice the price. Perfect antidote to all the timid releases of today.

08th February, 2015

ad_scott's avatar

Great value for money in terms of quantity and scent. The most I get out of this fragrance is pine, leather, white soap and Marlboro cigarette tobacco/ash. Some days I get a pine forest in winter feeling and other days it smells like an old worn leather jacket impregnated with cigarette smoke. A smoky, clean, green fragrance. Definitely for the fall season; decent sillage, projection and longevity. Quorum is certainly a classic; I remember it being popular in the 1980s and it conjures up memories of Pye televisions with wood-effect casing next to the fireplace at home during a white Christmas. Quorum is masculine, homey and stimulates self-confidence.

05th February, 2015

ConvertedByWetShaving's avatar

I had read in various locations on here about a sour, foul, almost turned note within this fragrance (described by some as colorfully as "cat pee"), and I got that too, in ways almost smelled like a fart at times - there's something in there that just ruined and made an otherwise fantastic fragrance unwearable. So I inquired on here within the Powerhouse group as to any alternatives to Quorum, any "clones" if you will, that were close but without that one ruining note in there.

One member suggested Krizia Uomo, which is wonderful! However at the same time I had arranged a swap with a highly reputable and wonderful fellow basenote member, thus acquiring a VINTAGE bottle of Quorum. The bottle I had originally purchased was current formulation. I have to say, being relatively new to this scene, this was my first clear lesson on how very different a reformulation can be. The vintage bottle of Quorum I received has a fragrance that I absolutely love, and is without that terrible, intolerable, ruining note in it that the newer bottle I have possesses.

So my thumbs up rating is for the vintage formulation, not the new one which I just couldn't wear. For anyone having similar experience with this fragrance, or considering purchasing this fragrance for the first time, I hope that having shared my experience in this review will be of help to you.

02nd November, 2014

tropicalstorm's avatar

A beautifully crafted sculpture by an artist who is passionate about his muse. A sapphire from the rarest of rare mines. An exquisite masterpiece. If I was a poet, I'd go on and on writing sonnets in praise of this beauty. Sadly I am not. But then there are those moments when you say to yourself... yes this is perfect.. a perfect song, a perfect landscape, a perfect story, a perfect moment. Every time I take a deep whiff of this powerhouse, I can't help but say to myself... yeah, now this is perfect!!

Hats off to the creators!

06th August, 2014

nwhite14's avatar

BOOM 1982! I love Quorum because it always changes. One day I smell fragments of Polo Green pine / frankincense and the next a huge face full of grapefruit / smokey moss. I am a big fan of the powerhouse frags and this beauty does the job every time. Also, at $12 you can pick up two bottles and use them as bookends around your Blade Runner Super Deluxe Blu-Ray set.

23rd July, 2014

Zenwannabee's avatar

Quorum is like a Dirty Martini. A fabulous cocktail, but not one perhaps to drink everyday, and one that's just a tad different each and every time. Some days I wear Quorum and I swear I'm wearing a less "dry" and less synthetic Polo Green. Other days, I smell to myself like I've just gotten off a long kitchen shift in an Asian restaurant. And other days I get both, with a big patchouli base. And yet mixed together, it still holds it all together and works for me. That, I think, is the genius of this fragrance. While it may not be as refined as some, it packs such a rich and fabulous masculine wallop that you can't help but grin and say, "just go with it." A great fougere in the classic sense. Thus, I raise my glass to Quorum.

19th April, 2014