Quorum (1982)

PerfumerSebastian Gomez
PackagingAndré Ricard
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Fragrance & Personal Care

About Quorum

A classic scent from the Spanish Scent gurus.

Quorum fragrance notes

Reviews of Quorum

Powerhouse masterpiece. 'Quorum' by Antonio Puig first hit me around 1986 thanks to my father wearing it everyday everywhere he went. It was and remains a powerful, strong, long lasting masculine scent that is undeniably unique, rich and bold.

Leather, tobacco, moss and greens. Through and through. The initial blast has a slight hint of broiled lemons, citrus, jasmine, greens and pine.

Base of leather, patchouli, tobacco, and jasmine balances the zesty top notes and really create an almost dirty, musky low end that is absolutely fantastic. This always get me compliments from beautiful, mature women, the upper thirties to forties types.

Longevity is well over 12+ hours and with a liberal application of a dozen sprays to neck, chest, shoulders and wrists, this stuff will project like a beast all day and stays on clothes and sheets for several days. This is NOT for the 'sport' or 'aqua' scent dudes, this is the real deal. Manhood in a bottle.
19th August, 2016 (last edited: 18th August, 2016)
I received a sample of the frag and wanted to do a review on it. To me this is the pinnacle of a old man scent. If you thought "what would men smell like in the 80's and 90's?"- this would be it. It is not my favorite but I do see where men over 35 would be ok to wear it.

Since it has a very warm, woody, leathery feel-I would recommend wearing it in the Fall when it is cooler.

I would not recommend wearing it for a night out (date or clubbing) since to me it smells like "older man". If that is what your going for- then this the frag for you.

Overall Rating: 4/10
Longevity: 8/10
Sillage: 7/10
07th August, 2016
I remember first smelling Quorum in mid-1985 when christmas shopping with my mother. We wandered around the snowy city until it became dark and almost lost hope in finding suitable gifts for everyone. In a dingy department store, on the brink of closing down, there were bottles of fragrance going rather cheaply. One of them was Quorum and I was drawn to the bottle (the aftershave) because it looked like a large, green jewel. The contents, a spicy, smokey forest. I used my saved pocket money to buy it for my father.

I hadn't smelled it since that time, until today. To be honest I can't properly recall the smell of thirty-one years ago to compare, but I like it. There's no denying that it is similar in structure to Pino Silvestre, but more like Pino enveloped in several more layers of aromas: its bergamot tempers the lavender better; the peppery note is more refined; the pine is more subdued and woody. The separating note is really the tobacco, perhaps also the amber. Like someone else remarked, you also get shades of Polo (green) from this.

The overall impression can be conjured up by the fantastical vision of a tobacco-drying hut in the middle of a forest, where the lone, leather-aproned occupant has a sideline in griding spices and growing lemons.

Old-fashioned chic that hasn't gone out of fashion for men who like to smell like old-school men rather than aqua-perfumed boys.
26th July, 2016
Any legal body must have enough members present before it can conduct its business; this is known as a quorum.

The bottle I have is so underpowered that a dozen sprays from it at the start of a board meeting will barely last until the end of the first item on the agenda.

There were evidently so few odorants present on the 10th of January 2012, when the constituents of this juice were assembled, it could not have been a quorum.

21st May, 2016
Superb, if you love old-fashioned, masculine, uncompromising scents : I do.
First point. Insanely good value. It was cheap enough to risk a blind buy , which I'd never normally do unless a fragrance was both cheap and had a shed load of good reviews. Check and check.
It opens with a blast of soapy citrus, like strong lemon soap. And I get tobacco too, even at this early stage. Then moss, wood, tobacco, pine. The combination reminds me of the smell of a man getting washed in the bathroom in the morning. Closest scent to it: for me, Polo green.
It fades eventually to a delicious mossy, piny skin scent.
Longevity and sillage : both good.
This is a man who is older, very masculine, unaffected, uncompromising, rugged. Clean-cut but don't mess with him. Very sexy in a hard, masculine way. I can imagine the actor Ray Winstone in this.
It makes me feel masculine and confident. I'd take it with me travelling abroad on business: 1) because it's so cheap it doesn't matter if the airline loses your luggage or you leave it in a hotel room by mistake 2) the smell reminds me of travel, I really don't know why, but when I first smelled it I instantly saw a man sitting down on the seat next to me on a train (odd) and 3) suitable for any occasion, just use less for during the day.
Great stuff.
September 2015.
17th September, 2015
Salutation.
Close your eyes and think of the smell of a pine forest on a crisp autumn morning:inhale the bracing air,so green,so herbal,so brisk!then allow yourself to feel the clean and fresh feel and some natural masculine smell,undercurrent peeking through.then you have QUORUM by ANTONIO PUIG.definitely a must have for GENTLEMAN.It is a sophisticated men's fragrance that quickly establishes the user as a man of classic style and culture. Woody,Classic,Elegant,Aromatic, Bitter,Inviting,Inexpensive and Ultra Masculine.

It is based on the accord between the spicy freshness of pine tree and citruses and the deep,mellow scent of tobacco,leather and oakmoss.A harmonic combination of citrus with woods which instantly reads as masculine,chic,classic,fresh and warm at the same time,if you know what i mean...for a classic masculine feel.it reminds me of a formal gathering wearing a tuxedo. definitely not for boys.confident, sophisticated andmature men need only apply.It is also perfect for serious business meetings.the price is great.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Good on my skin.

02nd June, 2015

Add your review of Quorum

Shop for Quorum products online

Shop for Quorum at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Quorum

Member images of Quorum

There are no member images of Quorum yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Quorum