Quorum (1982)
    by Antonio Puig

Quorum Fragrance Notes

Quorum information

A classic scent from the Spanish Scent gurus.

Shop for Quorum products online

Reviews of Quorum

Showing 1 to 6 of 113 reviews.

Colin Maillard's avatar
    Colin Maillard

Rich, dense, raw opening in a perfectly classic fougère style. A textured blend of green balsamic notes on spices and citrus drips, with a rich and natural oak moss note on ambers and bold, resinous aromatic woods. The leather note emerges as minute pass: honest, shady, solid, slightly rubbery and dry. A great, manly, elegant, rich and self-conscious fougère – still not tacky or cloying. With just a hint of that gloomy, sweaty personality many powerhouses had in the 70s/80s (some more elegant and understated fougères like Tsar are like old, classic Mercedes cars; this is rather the fast & noisy Alfetta Spider). Highy wearable today as well. I own a vintage version and I have heard is has subsequently been reformulated on a more green/fresh tone – probably still good, I don't know.

17 April, 2014 (Last Edited: 18 April, 2014)

ClarkScent's avatar
    ClarkScent

There is a lot of talk about the age group who would use Quorum. To me it is a non issue as I cannot see anyone under 30 even trying this. That is a good thing. I really enjoy this fragrance. It makes me think of the things that matter in life…unlike clubbing and grades etc…

18 February, 2014

mjf2001's avatar
    mjf2001

My uncle wore this back in the day. He was a gentleman. This is a gentleman's scent. Now that I'm in my 50's, I can wear this and not feel like a boy playing dress up. This is grown up stuff. Such a great value. A fall/winter go-to for me.

27 December, 2013

Furby76's avatar
    Furby76
    England England

I bought this blind purely on the reviews on BN. I don't have a nose anywhere near as good as many on here, but this scent is superb. Real manly. Like others have said, two sprays is ample. Plus I got it for $15.

30th November, 2013 (Last Edited: 01st December, 2013)

Papi Le Bon's avatar
    Papi Le Bon
    Mexico Mexico

A perfume to not hesitate

It breaks my schemes. I don't trust cheapies but, with it, you can save money for a lifetime without regrets. I don't understand the word "powerhouse" but I'm sure this is not, because is mild. This is turbid, very powdery and flowery in the mid notes. As you can learn reading this reviews, maybe is a happy reformulation. What strikes me more is the confidence of the way it conveys its message. This is something to learn from it or, as you wsih, from its author. The drydown is very soft tabac.

Pros: Clarity of message: turbidity & boldness
    Cons: People´s state of mind is somewhere else"

10th October, 2013

Jeremyxt's avatar
    Jeremyxt

Macho Scent on Steroids

I have a hard time describing this one. Not having yet developed a "nose" for fragrance, I don't yet have the vocabulary to describe all of the nuances.

Let me tell you this: Quorum is very macho--almost aggressively so. It smells like a cross between a fancy, obscenely expensive Cuban cigar, and leather, with a spice note or two thrown in for measure.

Someone connected this scent with boardrooms and old men. If so, the men wouldn't be the genteel type, raised in good homes, becoming bank trustees.

The Quorum boardroom consists of loud, aggressive Eastern European movie executives, who smoke cigars in the boardroom, have a long-suffering secretary named Hilda whose hair is in a bun, and whose assistants have hairy arms and yell into the phone.

Or,alternately, the first time you get a whiff of this fragrance, you might think,"Mr. T just walked into the room."

Do I like it? I have mixed feelings. The top notes and middle notes are vulgar if somewhat brief, but the base notes are pleasant and long-lasting, in my humble opinion.

It gets superior votes for longevity and sillage. You definitely don't get a wimpy floral that fades in two hours. At today's pricing, you do get your money's worth on this one.

Pros: Very masculine, robust
    Cons: Superior longevity, sillage"

04 September, 2013