Reviews of Rahät Loukoum

Showing 1 to 6 of 18 reviews.

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

I sniffed out the milky bitter almonds right off the bat but they subside well enough to greet the arrival of heliotrope and cherries on a surprisingly resinous base of vanilla and tonka. Sweet? Hardly. And I do have low tolerance for sweetness. Yet this does not set off my saccharin siren. Perhaps the key lies in moderating the fragrance application.

The texture feels slightly powdery, much like a delicate dusting of icing sugar on a piece of confection but considering the hint of floral note at its heart the overall impression I have of RAHAT LOUKOUM is not of a dense and syrupy-sweet straight-out gourmand but rather of a light oriental with a gourmand twist. If you like airy powdery almond/heliotrope scents such as Hypnotic Poison, Cologne Blanche or L'Eau d'Hiver, chances are you will enjoy this.

28 February, 2012 (Last Edited: 16 March, 2012)

hanna.sunden's avatar
    hanna.sunden
    Sweden Sweden

Delicious! Not having read the list of ingredients I actually thought the cherries were a sort of screaming tuberose that got very food-y because of the sweetness of the juice. In the middle notes I got a very resinous vanilla, something reminding me of tonka... Along with a spicy, slightly burnt note which I guessed was something along the lines of myrrh or lapsang suchoung. A gourmand oriental would be my description. Couldn't stop smelling my wrist when I wore it.

11th February, 2011

msleslie's avatar
    msleslie

This scent is amazing! It is way strong, way sweet, and can be utterly overwhelming unless you use just the tiniest little bit - and the result will be with you all day in little whiffs of wow.

I use this only to layer - as a sweet accent to a wide variety of fragrances, and it is perfect for that.

I love it, my 1 ml sample lasted me for months but now, finally, I need a bottle - and that will last for the rest of my life! I'd buy a thimble-full if I could, that is all I really need for the next few years, it's that intense!

01st January, 2011

Caltha's avatar
    Caltha
    Sweden Sweden

Extremely sweet gourmand: cherry liqueur, bitter almonds, marzipan and vanilla. I enjoy the cherry note and I don't mind that it's strong and sweet and boozy, but it also has a sharp, plasticky quality that makes it smell really cheap and that seems to make me sneeze as well. Actually, the plasticky quality captures the tasteless jelly that is Turkish Delight pretty well, though the choice of gourmand notes does not really reflect the bland rose water, orange blossom and pistaschio aromas of the candy.

06 May, 2010

's avatar

I see that this has been labeled as a uni-sex scent. I don't understand that at all. RL is a sweet scent of cherries and marzipan. I bought my bottle at the SL store in Paris, brought it home, tested it and promptly closed it back up. It's sitting on my dresser in the box as a remembrance of my wonderful visit to the City of Lights. Ahhh....in my fantasy, I'm always in Paris.

14 July, 2009

tessera's avatar
    tessera

I don't get cherries or almonds, I get white chocolate. Waaaay too sweet on me, and yeah, nothing like Turkish Delight.

12 October, 2008