Rapport (1988)
by Eden Classics (originally by Shulton, also Dana)

Rapport information

Year of Launch1988

HouseEden Classics
Originally byShulton
Also byDana

About Rapport

Originally launched by the Shulton company. Procter & Gamble acquired Shulton in 1990 and sold many of their fragrances to Dana in 1995.
Now produced by Eden Classics

Reviews of Rapport

For The Price This Takes Some Beating.

Came across Rapport recently (I'm rather late on this one)) and I think for the price in the UK (£4 for 50 ml Eau de Toilette,great bottle shape) that it takes some beating,this is the fragrance that should be worn on a cold winter night (where you can see your breath as you exhale),with a dark suit and dark fitted overcoat with the collar turned up,maybe even a Trilby hat, looking all serious and cool,with three days growth on your face,giving off this wonderful warm,spicy fragrance as you walk into a dimly lit jazz club,can you picture it?, because I can.Don't be concerned that it costs very little,it certainly does not smell as if it does.Based on price alone THIS is the best you can get.If you like warm,spiced fragrances then you will without doubt love this.Remember the name, Rapport.(red box)

Take a chance on a "blind buy" you will not regret it for a single second,and you will thank me for it.

Pros: Warm,Spicy,Lasting,Potent.
Cons: None."

05th October, 2013
A gorgeous inexpensive fragrance. There's smoky incense, spices and floral notes. Rapport is long lasting with good sillage too. The drydown reminds me of the lovely Worth pour Homme. BIG THUMBS UP FOR RAPPORT!
03rd November, 2012 (last edited: 10th November, 2012)
masj78 Show all reviews
A new discovery and one of my favorites at the moment. It is quite cheap and has a very unusual spicy, soapy note, which I like. Makes me feel fresh and clean.Stands out in a nice way from the usual expensive varieties available.
18th August, 2010
A hugely under rated fragrance and a class above all other "supermarket" frags. I used to wear it a lot almost 20 years ago and, even though I've discovered scores of new scents since, this remains amonst my favourites.

Granted, it's not an all time classic like Antaeus but if you get past the lack of "cool factor" you might well agree with my opinion that Rapport is better than a great many many designer frags.
03rd September, 2009
MJW77 Show all reviews
Well I never expected to find this fragrance on Basenotes! I bought this at my local chemist in the late 80's early 90's thinking it was a far more sophisticated option than the Lynx or Slazenger Sport underarm deodorants that my friends wore. I had also progressed onto this from Brut which I would splash on after swimming class at primary school! I remember I actually liked the smell of Rapport and recieved compliments when wearing it. Until recently I could vaguely recall the scent but funnily enough it wasn't until I discovered and tried Antaeus through Basenotes, that the first thing I thought of was that Rapport must have somehow been a poor imitation of Antaeus, such was the apparent similarity. I do love Anteaus but was too young to appreciate or afford such a fragrance back then, but part of me wonders if this is because I liked Rapport. I don't suppose they are similar at all and I won't be rushing out to test Rapport again, but some note within Antaeus transported me back to my days of spraying on Rapport and feeling like a man. Thankfully I now have Antaeus, among others, to do this.
06th July, 2009
This along with Mandate, to me, is the ultimate "Fathers Day" cologne. It just reminds me of that "smell that the kids can afford for dad that isn't Old Spice or Brut" and I still know some gents, my own father included, do wear this.

I think it works fine for what it is, however it takes me back to being a boy, not a young man, a boy, and trying this on to make me smell nice for the girls at school discos etc. Oh the shame and failure.

Im sure some will love this for the nostalgia but for me this belongs in the same ether as Hai-Karate etc.

Certainly one I would not buy for myself, or my father.
28th June, 2009

Add your review of Rapport

Shop for Rapport products online

Search Amazon for Rapport

Member images of Rapport

There are no member images of Rapport yet. Why not be the first?