Reaction for Men (2004)

PackagingKenneth Cole
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Prestige
Parent Company at launchBenckiser > Coty Inc > Lancaster Group

About Reaction for Men

Reaction for Men is a masculine fragrance by Kenneth Cole. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Frank Voelkl. The bottle was designed by Kenneth Cole and Chad Lavigne

Reaction for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Reaction for Men

Although it hasn't been out for many decades, Kenneth Cole Reaction strikes me as a classic in its own way.

The balance seems to have been struck well between the very green apple head note all the way to the base with the sandalwood and musk (excellent combination). Reaction ends up having a light woody character, accented tastefully by the patchouli and musk. Unlisted lily-of-the-valley note adds a delicate, rounded out floral touch overall.

Reaction for Men is all over the place, in discount clearinghouses as well as upper-end department stores, so it's not hard to get a sample to try out this still relevant, close to legendary scent from Kenneth Cole.

04th May, 2017
Currently my favorite, I'm getting compliments on this one, especially from my wife who surprised me when she said she could smell it on my skin after 10 hours. It does die down but that's a good thing since it opens really strong on the skin. Citrus and floral, honestly it smells like magnolia bloom and maybe mandarin orange. Very reminiscent of the original formulation of Aqua di Gio for men.
20th April, 2017
Reaction's noncitrus fruity top notes are unusual and very nice, with just enough going on below to provide acceptable balance. The melon and green apple portion reminds me of the melon and kiwi scent used in many common products. I can't imagine this would annoy anyone unless grossly over sprayed. Projection is somewhat weak and longevity is rather poor.

I am not a fan of modern light watery frags like reaction. However, I would consider this to be better than most. Not enough appeal to get my thumbs up. Might be a true gem for others.
24th February, 2017
out of all of my colognes, this is the one I wear the most! that green apple and melon makes you want to sniff it all day! its not a powerful scent that reaches out and grabs you, but if someone is close enough they'll immediately get drawn in by the freshness of this bad boy! this is my signature spring/summer day time scent!
01st June, 2016
I've owned a 100ml aftershave and EDT set for about 10 years now, and it's definitely grown on me. It's nothing spectacular, but it gets the job done for a decent price.

When it was new I got the apple-y melon-y notes on top and the precious wood-y notes in the dry down. Now that it's aged, or my nose has aged, the apple is more prominent in the opening and the wood has lost its amber-y edge and is a lot more green/mossy smelling.

It's a good fragrance with maybe a 4-6 hour life. Again, it's not really unique, but it can be had for a decent price.
31st March, 2016
Doesn't seem to work well for me. I got kind of a melon-lime-apple scent, but that was battling with a kind of generic floral-light woodsy-slight musk scent, and the whole thing was on the sour side and seemed too synthetic for me. It originally caught my attention because it smelled good on another guy who wore it, but I doubt I'll try it again.
28th March, 2015

Add your review of Reaction for Men

Shop for Reaction for Men products online

Shop for Reaction for Men at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Reaction for Men

Member images of Reaction for Men

There are no member images of Reaction for Men yet. Why not be the first?

Reaction for Men News