Basenotes needs your help!

If you have found this site valuable, useful or entertaining, would you be willing to support us? Our current goal is to upgrade our ageing forum system and bring it to the modern age! Find out More here

Reserve for Men (1997)

PackagingMarc Rosen
Parent CompanyFalic Group
Parent Company at launchParlux

About Reserve for Men

This scent was originally made for the Perry Ellis Reserve Formal Wear Line. The scent was exclusively sold at Tuxedo stores, when you rented a Perry Ellis Reserve Tux you received a sample vial. This fragrance was made for romantic occasion for a man..Prom, Wedding Day...etc. [Sc]

Reviews of Reserve for Men

I wish this did have more of a resemblance to Eternity. That would make this more enjoyable. Instead, this has almost nothing of note other than being inoffensive, kinda clean, sweet and kinda woody.

Has a soft projection that sticks around for 4-5 hours.
28th December, 2017
Probably one of the more generic smelling colognes out there. I was looking for something similar to Calvin Klein's Eternity and though that this might be an interesting take on it.
I didn't really get the sharp, sweet-but-strong seductiveness of Eternity. Instead it was extremely generic, with no real identity of it's own, not even "meh."
Synthetic in the cheapest way, I would not recommend this, but despite the thumbs down, it doesn't smell bad. It's just that I can't see anyone to wear this.
12th July, 2017
dreese Show all reviews
This is Eternity For Men. How has nobody noticed this?
27th May, 2016
I agree there are more (fill in adjective) scents out there. But this one has balance for me and gets compiments from co-workers and total strangers when I wear it. It lasts longer on me than most, which is nice.
27th February, 2012
Incredibly unremarkable, to the point of seeming inconsequential once Reserve settles into its dry-down of standard oakmoss and sandalwood. One of the weakest performers in the Perry Ellis line, this one last 4-5 hours but sits very close to the skin and lacks any power projection wise. Very subtle. Fruity and comforting opening accord, really nice blend of lavender, juniper and fruity notes that are certainly inoffensive but also don´t have much of a personality to cling to.
A decent mid-range priced fragrance that is flexible enough to be used for formal occasions, nights out and work, Reserve works best in a rotation rather than as a signature go to scent. The aromas are nice and versatile enough but against such heavy competition the last ten years, this one has nothing really distinguishing to keep it on most people´s mind.

14th March, 2011
Perry Ellis Reserve is a fresh and powerful smell that opts to project sophistication instead of sex appeal. That power is rather short lived however, as it calms down and wears close to the skin a lot faster than an average fragrance would. The crispness of cold weather helps increase the potency of the freshness in this one. If you keep it subtle enough, this would make a fine daily scent that would likely be very unique, and definitely become memorable to others as “your smell”. That said, it was made for a formal affair; something you would dress up for.

I am partial to it because it was my very first. If one were to say it deserves a neutral vote, I wouldn't be able to hold it against them or try to debate it. However, for me it was good enough that I sought it out again years later, after my old bottle was long gone.
01st December, 2010

Add your review of Reserve for Men

Shop for Reserve for Men products online

Member images of Reserve for Men

There are no member images of Reserve for Men yet. Why not be the first?