Reserve (1997)

PackagingMarc Rosen
Parent CompanyFalic Group
Parent Company at launchParlux

About Reserve

This scent was originally made for the Perry Ellis Reserve Formal Wear Line. The scent was exclusively sold at Tuxedo stores, when you rented a Perry Ellis Reserve Tux you received a sample vial. This fragrance was made for romantic occasion for a man..Prom, Wedding Day...etc. [Sc]

Reviews of Reserve

I agree there are more (fill in adjective) scents out there. But this one has balance for me and gets compiments from co-workers and total strangers when I wear it. It lasts longer on me than most, which is nice.
27th February, 2012
Incredibly unremarkable, to the point of seeming inconsequential once Reserve settles into its dry-down of standard oakmoss and sandalwood. One of the weakest performers in the Perry Ellis line, this one last 4-5 hours but sits very close to the skin and lacks any power projection wise. Very subtle. Fruity and comforting opening accord, really nice blend of lavender, juniper and fruity notes that are certainly inoffensive but also don´t have much of a personality to cling to.
A decent mid-range priced fragrance that is flexible enough to be used for formal occasions, nights out and work, Reserve works best in a rotation rather than as a signature go to scent. The aromas are nice and versatile enough but against such heavy competition the last ten years, this one has nothing really distinguishing to keep it on most people´s mind.

14th March, 2011
Perry Ellis Reserve is a fresh and powerful smell that opts to project sophistication instead of sex appeal. That power is rather short lived however, as it calms down and wears close to the skin a lot faster than an average fragrance would. The crispness of cold weather helps increase the potency of the freshness in this one. If you keep it subtle enough, this would make a fine daily scent that would likely be very unique, and definitely become memorable to others as “your smell”. That said, it was made for a formal affair; something you would dress up for.

I am partial to it because it was my very first. If one were to say it deserves a neutral vote, I wouldn't be able to hold it against them or try to debate it. However, for me it was good enough that I sought it out again years later, after my old bottle was long gone.
01st December, 2010
too synthetic, absolutely too synthetic, very harsh on my nose, it irritates my nose as if i had the flu.
the idea was good, it had great potential but: a. it is way too synthetic; b.wears too close to the skin
if they would craft it to be less synthetic and with better projection it would be a top fragrance no doubt about it
16th March, 2010
phenomenal scent for summer i rank it WAY in the top and its pure quality fresh citrus n earthy combo with a laid back feel and very sexy women LOVE IT!!!
18th January, 2010
My secret weapon. When I have guys who don't usually wear fragrance ask me for something appropriate for (fill in special event here), I show them Reserve. Kind of a Drakkar Noir light. Classy, clean, tasteful, in the way a grey flannel suit was in the 1950s. Mavericks move on: there's no adventure here.
30th November, 2009

Add your review of Reserve

Shop for Reserve products online

Shop for Reserve at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Reserve

Member images of Reserve

There are no member images of Reserve yet. Why not be the first?