Ricci Club (1989)

HouseNina Ricci
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands
Parent Company at launchElf Aquitaine > Sanofi Beauté

About Ricci Club

Ricci Club is a masculine fragrance by Nina Ricci. The scent was launched in 1989

Reviews of Ricci Club

The opening blast is absolutely delicious: a traditional mix of bergamot, lemon, lavender, artemisia and herbal notes, incredible in the quality of the ingredients and beautifully blended. After the first hour the scent suddenly recedes and I inititially disappointedly thought: "that seems to be all!". Then, after the break, the middle notes emerge, consisting of jasmine and a somewhat non-specific floral mix, including muguet and a touch of rose. In the base, which is very close to my skin, a nice cinnamon takes centre stage, accompanied by a pleasant tonka impression, which is not really very sweet on me and never cloying, as well as well balanced. A woodsy background is also present at this stage.
Thus the drydown is disappointing, and although in the later stages it picks up a bit it never reaches the level of the gorgeous opening notes again. Silage is good initially and then soft, projection all right, and I get over five hours of longevity. Good for warmer spring or cooler summer days, and based on the quality of the first hour it just crosses the line to deserve a positive score. 3/5.
28th September, 2014
Ricci Club is an affable citrus, woody, spicy scent. Ricci Club is not a typical citrus in that the opening is both green and citrus with neither note overpowering the other. I smell a distinct peach note in the heart, but it's a "spicy peach". There is clearly a floral accord in the heart that follows the opening notes very well. The cinnamon base note breaks through quite early in the progression of Ricci Club and to my nose is the true essence of the fragrance. This is not a JHL cinnamon bomb. Tonka bean sweetens Ricci Club nicely. No cloying nastiness to my nose. Overall, I would describe Ricci Club as a spicy, sweet scent that is very well done and an effective counterpoint to many citrus offerings. Highly recommended.
24th April, 2014
Swanky Show all reviews
Ricci Club starts out as a spicy fragrance with a watery citrus backdrop (no one else has mentioned the spice, but that's about all I get). Think of an even cheaper Catalyst and that's about what is here. Mediocre longevity coupled with poor blending and frankly this fragrance isn't especially good. There are plenty of similar fragrances that are better options. Only the fact that it isn't overbearing saves it from a thumbs-down.
29th June, 2012 (last edited: 06th July, 2012)
shamu1 Show all reviews
I'm the odd man out on Ricci Club, because I hate this fragrance. With the exception of the opening (which is excellent, by the way), I don't get any citrus from this. Ricci Club is a sickeningly sweet vanilla fest, and my idea of hell on earth. It's linear after the first five minutes, with unrelenting vanilla and tonka bean churning my stomach for hours. It's like oatmeal cookies in liquid form.

Both thumbs all the way down on this stinker.

MY RATING: 3/10
04th March, 2012
After trying it on my skin the top and mid notes transitioned in a hurry and after 10 minuted the drydown has arrived. I mean, really? Already? That soon? Why the rush?
So the drydown, initially reminded me of Gucci Envy, the oily amber note, but then the oiliness disappears and you get a green mossy tempered accord.
I'm glad i bought the 10ml mini and not a full bottle. Will put this scent to use as soon as possible, since there's no reason for me to keep it in my rotation throughout the year.
19th April, 2011
tanto Show all reviews
This was one of my favorites and still is. Unfortunately, it is very hard to find in NYC. Too bad because it is truly a nice, clean citrus with excellent staying power. Smells very manly and never overbearing.
01st October, 2009

Add your review of Ricci Club

Shop for Ricci Club products online

Search Amazon for Ricci Club

Member images of Ricci Club

There are no member images of Ricci Club yet. Why not be the first?

Features relating to Ricci Club