Rochas Man (1999)

50ml EdT
    100ml EdT
    50ml EdT

Reviews of Rochas Man

Showing 1 to 6 of 139 reviews.

LoveCologne89's avatar
    LoveCologne89

This cologne has high ratings and reviews for a solid reason and that may be the lavender itself! Almost a cherry like smell when first applied but as a man who loves to wear a fragrance for his own personal joy the best thigh you can receive out of any scents you own is compliments. And if it's the opposite sex that's making those remarks I think it' adds to the fragrance itself.

21st March, 2014 (Last Edited: 22 March, 2014)

Sybaris's avatar
    Sybaris

Recieved a sample of this and glad I only got a sample.

The opening was great, warm and fruity and then after the drydown it closely resembled something else I had tried recently....... CK Shock...............or rather CK Shock resembles Rochas Man because Shock was born about 12 years after Man. Regardless, the lavender comes on too strong for me and I've never been a big fan of that note.

21st February, 2014

Zgb's avatar
    Zgb
    Croatia Croatia

Eroticism in the bottle

I'm lucky. I'm lucky to own it and then I'm lucky that I don't have any issues with longevity or projection with it as it lasts for 8+ hours easily on me. I love it from the first moment, the first spray. It was a blind buy btw. There is a connection with Givenchy Play Intense which is stronger, sharper but somewhat more bitter. Rochas Man is more sensible, sensual and more refined. It's a real shame this fragrance is not widely available, at least not in Croatia. This is a scent of eroticism and seduction and yet again masculinity, maturity, care and responsibility for self and others around - do not be fooled by the shape of the bottle and the colour of the box. This scent was made in 1999. but it's ahead of its time, made for the future just like Le Male was or Armani Code even. A superb creation indeed.

Originality 10/10

Fragrance 10/10

Longevity 08/10

Projection 07/10

Pros: Original, gourmand, erotic, masculine, smooth, seductive, refined, longevity
    Cons: a bit synthetic if you really want to look for it, projection"

18 October, 2013

chopwet's avatar
    chopwet
    Switzerland Switzerland

A too-sweet one trick pony that is better for those who love ponies.

This is a failure of a fragrance. It is very sweet, much too sweet for a grown man to wear and that is why it fails. If it was called Rochas Boy or Rochas WoMan then it might be closer to giving you a real idea of what kind of ride is in store for you. Calling it Rochas Man is laughable. As it is, as a man's fragrance, I cannot endorse it. I don't usually slate fragrances but this is honestly nauseating.

Many people describe a mocha note. I several ristrettos everyday, I know what coffee smells like. Rochas Man does not smell anything like it. I get the lavender but it's not well done in the way Caron Pour un Homme does it. I get a bit of vanilla but it's the of the worst sort: highly artificial just like the lavender.

Overall it's very artificial in feeling and just too sweet, I always imagine candy floss sweetness in terms of its smell but without any of the delicious burnt sugar.

Definitely better on women.

Pros: Interesting bottle, that's about it really.
    Cons: Far too sweet, far too artificial smelling."

09 September, 2013

RichNTacoma's avatar
    RichNTacoma

Review of Rochas Man by RichNTacoma

Very, very sweet at first. I get the cotton candy notes, as well as the lavender. These fight to keep the gourmand notes, coffee and cocoa, or perhaps even a cafe mocha, at bay. This is especially true if you spay at all on your shirt; avoid this mistake. It stays too sweet and coying on fabric. On skin only, it takes a half an hour for the sweetness to give way to a bit more complexity and subtleness. The projection of the gourmand notes is not great, and once the sweetness fades, it becomes a skin scent unless you spray a good deal, and in which case I find it overwhelming.

I bought this blind to have a gourmand in my collection, and for 23 dollars for a 50ml bottle, I am glad I did. This is not a signature scent or a daily wear, and again, keep it to the skin!

23 August, 2013

Gary F's avatar
    Gary F

A Guilty Pleasure

This is one of those sweet fragrances that men in their late 40's are not supposed to like, but I'll wear what I darn well please! The fact that the sweetness is so beautifully balanced with lavender lends it more of an air of sophistication. Sadly, I need to reapply this periodically throughout the day, but as inexpensive as it is and as much as I love it, I don't really mind.

Pros: Sweet without being cloying
    Cons: Poor longevity on my skin

20th June, 2013