Rockford (1985)

About Rockford

Rockford is a masculine fragrance by Atkinsons. The scent was launched in 1985

Rockford fragrance notes

Reviews of Rockford

My bottle/box isn't like the one displayed above: It's black with a vertical red stripe containing the logo(white bear). Possibly an older version.
Rockford performs as a skin-scent on me. I even feel like using an edp: projection is low to non-existent, although It's a nice and restrained refreshing barbershop(ey) old school. Really safe, even for millenials acostummed to sugary fragrances. The better description I can tell is that It's an aromatic fougere, non-offensive and shave cream like. Despite of being an 80s fragrance, It's far from being a powerhouse.
If you like vintage fragrances, go for it. Prices are still acceptable on ebay.
04th June, 2018
Rockford Atkinsons is a wonderful scent, sandalwood and carnation, cyclamen and musk, amber and a beautiful citrus opening, all very well blended and natual, smell of expensive perfume, I think it deserves 10/10 because the original is perfect.

My vote for the Original Rockford Atkinsons is: 9/10 or 10/10

My vote for fake "Rockford" (anonymous AFTER Atkinson's) is: 2/10
31st October, 2013 (last edited: 05th December, 2013)
A classic. Traditional powerhouse, even if not screaming, Rockford is a very masculine and intimate blend of citrus, woodsy notes, melancholy flowers, smoke and amber. The presence of lavender anchors it to the tradition while astringent cedarwood and vetiver enhance the virility of the blend. This is the fragrance of a stroll along the pier, the scent of
cozy warm ambiences and intimate moments in front of fire on the coast, near the winter sea.
25th June, 2011 (last edited: 07th August, 2016)
When I was a kid I used to work in a hotel as a bellboy during the nightshift.
The desk clerk was a real pimp gentleman who always tried to educate me on the subject of The Science of Pimpin'. He introduce me to this cologne back around 1986. It kinda reminds me still of the Hungarian prostitutes, the Italian hunters, and the Russian tourists, and of course the smell of the old hotel I lost me virginity in to a relative of mine, who worked there as a pro whore.
09th September, 2008
The Baron de Charlus once told me: 'I recall the time when I was a house guest at the trailer home of Jim Rockford, the celebrated private investigator. He gave me a bottle of Atkinson's Rockford cologne.
"De Charlus, old buddy," inquired the amiable if somewhat world-weary detective, "whaddya think of this cologne which I guess the folks at Atkinsons must have named after me. Do ya figure it hits the spot?"
"My dear James," I replied, "please excuse my bluntness but honesty impels me to inform you that this cologne does not so much hit the spot as shit the pot. It is truly abysmal. When you consider the rest of Atkinson's line of male fragrances - the wonderful Gold Medal, the dry but acceptable English Lavender, the mysterious Ghibli, the hearty green Hunter, the delicate green Hurlingham, the somewhat imitative but pleasant Executive and Executive Original Dry, even the vaguely oriental Duke - then you cannot help but wonder what insanity possessed the Atkinson noses to produce this execrable scent and its still more offensive companion, Rockford Ice. Were the philosopher Plato in search of a cologne to embody the Ideal Form of Cheap and Nasty, he would need to look no further than these two fragrances. Sweet Corrinja, Dark and Ugly Goddess of the Divine Cringe, how your vile vapours infect these two perfumes!"'
25th February, 2006
Subtle and inviting fragrance with warm and masculine notes
21st December, 2002

Add your review of Rockford

Shop for Rockford products online

Oops! Unable to talk to eBay. Let us know if this problem persists

Member images of Rockford

There are no member images of Rockford yet. Why not be the first?