Rocabar (1998)

Year of Launch1998

HouseHermès
PerfumerBernard Bourgeois

About Rocabar

Rocabar is a masculine fragrance by Hermès. The scent was launched in 1998 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bernard Bourgeois

Rocabar fragrance notes

Reviews of Rocabar

Bigsly Show all reviews
If you like Envy for Men, this is along the same lines, as are a few others. I'm not a huge fan of these scents, because they seem to get cloying awfully quickly, especially if you use too much, but I'd rather wear those than most of the recent designer offerings. I'll give it a positive rating because there's nothing really "bad" about it, other than it having a derivative feel to me.
03rd May, 2015
When I think of Hermes I immediately think of soft beautiful unisex and female scents. When it comes to their male scents it seems that they are on the soft side and don't project strongly any uber masculine notes.

Rocabar is a nice inoffensive woody/spicy fragrance, not really hot/spicy or dark/woodsy at all. Projection is okay and I'm not keeping it in reserve for special occasions.

Just does not seem all that special at all. I'm happier with Hermes unisex fragrances for summer and Rocabar for everyday activities.
03rd March, 2015
As has been stated before, refined and sophisticated. One can bring to mind the sort of man who might wear this, but do such men, and the proper situations still exist these days ?

To be honest, I'm more of a casual sort of fellow, and not nearly as restrained in character as one would need to be to pull this stuff off, so it's not for me I'm afraid.
04th February, 2015
Finally a recent vintage which I truly dislike. Citrus-green opening with mint notes, pepper (and perhaps red pepper too?), sandalwood, juniper, carnation (a lot), resins, cardamom, rooty hints of orris... shortly quite a loud, sweet, dense fragrance based on woods-spices-flowers which gives me two contrasting feelings: cloying and generic. It smells like an early 2000s designer, but topped with a discomforting dose of confusion. Not a powerhouse, but just "too much" the same. One of the worst masculine Hermès for me (I don't know the more recent version).

04th October, 2014
Genre: Leather

Rocabar has juniper, citrus, and maybe even artemisia on top. It's cool, it's piney, and it's a bit astringent. In fact, the conifer notes in Rocabar have a bracing, almost menthol quality about them. There are also some sweet undertones which, combined with the pine, vaguely suggest anise. The whole thing is very clean and bright, like crisp cold air in winter. Or like Vick's Vapo-Rub.

Michael Edwards classifies Rocabar as a dry woods (read: "leather") scent, but I can't find a lick of leather here. If anything the base strikes me as a fairly conventional sweet fougère. Then again, what do I know? All I can tell you is that Rocabar seems simplistic, even puerile, coming from Hermes. It appeals less to me than any other pre-Ellena masculine in the line.

25th June, 2014
This opens very soft and spicy with a lemon tinge around it's edges. It then becomes more piney, woody and green with a slight sweetness. This sweetness becomes more pronounced in the drydown.

This scent is very bland and dull that most of the time I hardly was aware I was wearing a scent. There is just nothing distinctive about this scent, nothing stands out in anyway.

To sum up a very bland soft spicy green woody scent with a dose of sweetness in the basenotes.
01st June, 2014

Add your review of Rocabar

Shop for Rocabar products online

Shop for Rocabar at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Rocabar

Member images of Rocabar

There are no member images of Rocabar yet. Why not be the first?