Royal Copenhagen (1970)

HouseRoyal Copenhagen
Parent CompanyQuality King Distributors > Five Star Fragrances
Parent Company at launchSwank

About Royal Copenhagen

Royal Copenhagen is a masculine fragrance by Royal Copenhagen. The scent was launched in 1970

Reviews of Royal Copenhagen

i found it very good and lasting too
01st March, 2015
My apologies first to those who like this scent. I'm normally a defender of classic, drugstore variety fragrances, even some like Tabac that are quite powdery. And usually my memory of scents doesn't betray me. I thought originally that my father wore this, but now I think perhaps I confused it with British Sterling. As I read through the earlier reviews here I thought, "now calling this something you'd smell in a nursing home is a bit harsh." So I promptly ordered a bottle and eagerly anticipated its arrival. I excitedly opened it up, splashed some on--and blanched. I showered--maybe twice. I threw the bottle out. And still the smell lingered horribly for the rest of the day, like some dank, ill-vented parlor. It was definitely not my cup of tea.

30th March, 2014
Royal Copenhagen is a sweet oriental, yet somehow the overall effect is cool rather than warm. It feels brisk and bracing even though the ingredients would suggest something warm and a bit spicy. H & R's Fragrance Guide lists the components as:

Top: Bergamot, lemon, lime, aldehyde, cardamom, green note
Middle: Rose, jasmine, patchouli, orris, carnation, cedarwood, vetiver
Base: Tonka, amber, honey, moss, vanilla, musk, heliotrope

It resembles Kanon original (another Scandinavian-themed sweet oriental) a little, and its descendants include such classics as Lagerfeld, Chaps, Stetson, and JHL.

It also has an affinity with Zizanie and Imperial del Oro's Russian Leather, which I suspect may have among the inspirations for RC. A 5-star classic!

29th March, 2014
creepy

[CODE][/CODE]When I smell this, I picture in my mind a cold, powdery nursing home. Not a pleasant place to be, my friends.

23rd July, 2013
8 oz. Royal Copenhagen Splash Review

POWDER POWER!!

the original was 4 stars, the original limited edition with natural ingredients was 5, this newer and cheaper version ($20 for 8 oz splash bottle) is hardly 3.5 stars.

clean powder cologne for those who wanna play it safe.

ideal for sunday brunch

Pros: clean, powdery smell
Cons: reformulation is inferior to original"

08th July, 2013
So right off the bat I have to say that if you do not like powdery scents then just turn away now; but if you do enjoy a powdery smell then this one suits well.

Once sprayed it exudes a strong talc powder scent then slowly fades into a more balance between talc, lavender and vanilla. It's not a very complex scent but has a great longevity to it. I have sprayed it and the smell would stay for over a day!

This scent is great in that it's different from usual fragrances, and if you like the oldschool barber shop smell or just a powdery fragrance to add to your collection, then this will please you instantly.

Personally I like to spray this after taking a shower at night, it's really fitting.
07th January, 2013

Add your review of Royal Copenhagen

Shop for Royal Copenhagen products online

Shop for Royal Copenhagen at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Royal Copenhagen

Member images of Royal Copenhagen

There are no member images of Royal Copenhagen yet. Why not be the first?