Royal Copenhagen (1970)
by Royal Copenhagen

Royal Copenhagen information

Year of Launch1970

HouseRoyal Copenhagen
Parent CompanyQuality King Distributors > Perfumania Holdings > Five Star Fragrances
Parent Company at launchSwank

About Royal Copenhagen

Royal Copenhagen is a masculine fragrance by Royal Copenhagen. The scent was launched in 1970

Reviews of Royal Copenhagen

Some of the criticism of the scent is fair: it is a bit medicinal and dank; it is reminiscent of an event space that was filled earlier in the evening by older gentlemen doused in musky lavenders and ladies in aldehydic florals. But it's appealing for those very reasons. The relaxed, natural, almondy-heliotropin heart is especially superb.
22nd July, 2016
When I tried this cologne I guess you could say I was late meaning the Musk by Royal Copenhagen I had first.I loved the Musk as it is very clean and sophisticated.Royal Copenhagen I thought was rotten.It strikes you as clean and barbershop-esque at first then you get hit with a lot of honey,vanilla,and florals.Sickeningly sweet and just seems morbid this is hidden in a blue fluid.I couldn't even ride it out 30mins.,I just wanted the smell off of me!
01st February, 2016
i found it very good and lasting too
01st March, 2015
My apologies first to those who like this scent. I'm normally a defender of classic, drugstore variety fragrances, even some like Tabac that are quite powdery. And usually my memory of scents doesn't betray me. I thought originally that my father wore this, but now I think perhaps I confused it with British Sterling. As I read through the earlier reviews here I thought, "now calling this something you'd smell in a nursing home is a bit harsh." So I promptly ordered a bottle and eagerly anticipated its arrival. I excitedly opened it up, splashed some on--and blanched. I showered--maybe twice. I threw the bottle out. And still the smell lingered horribly for the rest of the day, like some dank, ill-vented parlor. It was definitely not my cup of tea.

30th March, 2014
Royal Copenhagen is a sweet oriental, yet somehow the overall effect is cool rather than warm. It feels brisk and bracing even though the ingredients would suggest something warm and a bit spicy. H & R's Fragrance Guide lists the components as:

Top: Bergamot, lemon, lime, aldehyde, cardamom, green note
Middle: Rose, jasmine, patchouli, orris, carnation, cedarwood, vetiver
Base: Tonka, amber, honey, moss, vanilla, musk, heliotrope

It resembles Kanon original (another Scandinavian-themed sweet oriental) a little, and its descendants include such classics as Lagerfeld, Chaps, Stetson, and JHL.

It also has an affinity with Zizanie and Imperial del Oro's Russian Leather, which I suspect may have among the inspirations for RC. A 5-star classic!

29th March, 2014
creepy

[CODE][/CODE]When I smell this, I picture in my mind a cold, powdery nursing home. Not a pleasant place to be, my friends.

23rd July, 2013

Add your review of Royal Copenhagen

Shop for Royal Copenhagen products online

Shop for Royal Copenhagen at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Royal Copenhagen

Member images of Royal Copenhagen

There are no member images of Royal Copenhagen yet. Why not be the first?