Royal Copenhagen (1970)
by Royal Copenhagen

Royal Copenhagen information

Year of Launch1970

HouseRoyal Copenhagen
Parent CompanyQuality King Distributors > Perfumania Holdings > Five Star Fragrances
Parent Company at launchSwank

About Royal Copenhagen

Royal Copenhagen is a masculine fragrance by Royal Copenhagen. The scent was launched in 1970

Reviews of Royal Copenhagen

Can't dislike this scent, budget as it is. Sometimes it can seem loud, but overall this classic scent does the powdery-sweet-woodsy-musky formula nicely. Maybe some may find this fragrance to be old fashioned and laughable; but give it a chance.
09th December, 2016
Some of the criticism of the scent is fair: it is a bit medicinal and dank; it is reminiscent of an event space that was filled earlier in the evening by older gentlemen doused in musky lavenders and ladies in aldehydic florals. But it's appealing for those very reasons. The relaxed, natural, almondy-heliotropin heart is especially superb.
22nd July, 2016
If someone asked me how I would rate Royal Copenhagen cologne? I'd wrap it up in a short description.I'd say it's the scent that Coty modeled Stetson after 11 years later, except their scent is warm...Royal Copenhagen has a cooling feel to it.Royal Copenhagen is rather honey-vanilla sweet and strong, so application amount is purely the wearers judgement call.Sweet,powdery,floral,very musky,and sometimes a hint of green.The green note I get a pinch of bitter moss that works its way through the powder and fades out.It's not constant and a pleasant note yet out of context with how the scent is put together.Good sillage with moderate longevity...not bad at all for such an inexpensive cologne.
01st February, 2016 (last edited: 20th January, 2017)
i found it very good and lasting too
01st March, 2015
My apologies first to those who like this scent. I'm normally a defender of classic, drugstore variety fragrances, even some like Tabac that are quite powdery. And usually my memory of scents doesn't betray me. I thought originally that my father wore this, but now I think perhaps I confused it with British Sterling. As I read through the earlier reviews here I thought, "now calling this something you'd smell in a nursing home is a bit harsh." So I promptly ordered a bottle and eagerly anticipated its arrival. I excitedly opened it up, splashed some on--and blanched. I showered--maybe twice. I threw the bottle out. And still the smell lingered horribly for the rest of the day, like some dank, ill-vented parlor. It was definitely not my cup of tea.

30th March, 2014
Royal Copenhagen is a sweet oriental, yet somehow the overall effect is cool rather than warm. It feels brisk and bracing even though the ingredients would suggest something warm and a bit spicy. H & R's Fragrance Guide lists the components as:

Top: Bergamot, lemon, lime, aldehyde, cardamom, green note
Middle: Rose, jasmine, patchouli, orris, carnation, cedarwood, vetiver
Base: Tonka, amber, honey, moss, vanilla, musk, heliotrope

It resembles Kanon original (another Scandinavian-themed sweet oriental) a little, and its descendants include such classics as Lagerfeld, Chaps, Stetson, and JHL.

It also has an affinity with Zizanie and Imperial del Oro's Russian Leather, which I suspect may have been among the inspirations for RC. A 5-star classic!

29th March, 2014 (last edited: 10th August, 2017)

Add your review of Royal Copenhagen

Shop for Royal Copenhagen products online

Shop for Royal Copenhagen at online perfumeries

Search Amazon for Royal Copenhagen

Member images of Royal Copenhagen

There are no member images of Royal Copenhagen yet. Why not be the first?