Royal Delight (1993)

Royal Delight information

Year of Launch1993

Parent CompanyCreed

About Royal Delight

Royal Delight is a shared / unisex perfume by Creed. The scent was launched in 1993

Reviews of Royal Delight

I was pounded first by the violet and then the leather. It reminded me of Green Irish Tweed a little (due to the violet middle note). After a while the violet strengthens into a flowery grape smell with the jasmine. The bergamot is in the background and fades pretty quickly. The tangerine stays for a while to sweeten up the violet and jasmine. It stays like this for a long time and for some people it will be too cloying. It has punishing longevity and the sillage is maximum. As it dries down you get more ambergris than leather. Try before you buy.
23rd November, 2014
I'm honestly not sure what's up with Royal Delight. From the reviews here and descriptions elsewhere, I'm very suspicious that there have been at least two very different formulations over the years, one of which is a floral leather and the other of which smells like Original Santal or Joop. My (new-ish) sample is definitely from the Joop camp.

It smells like that Christmas potpourri mix of vanilla, clove, and cinnamon, drenched with grenadine or cherry syrup. It's supported by a thin sort of funky gasoline smell and a pinch of dirty pine. As for this formulation, it's pretty much unnecessary now that we have the much better Original Santal, which does the same basic thing, but with rich sandalwood and ambrox underneath giving the who scent way more richness and character than Royal Delight.

Personally, I'd love to smell this mythical other version of Royal Delight, the one that smells like Royal English Leather with more flowers - it sounds wonderful.
22nd January, 2013
I give this a tremendous thumbs up!!! I really enjoy this fragrance. I have been so intrigued and fortunate by the Creed line. This brand of fragrances are simply amazing!

As for Royal Delight, as I read through many reviews I was a bit hesitant with the many that suggested this fragrance to be feminine. Once I received RD, at first I was shocked and thought...those reviews were right. However, after the dry down...WHAT A SURPRISE SHOCKER!!!

Yes, at first spray you will think more feminine, but once you let it evolve you will be truly amazed!! I am not very scent savvy so I can not descriptively give those notes, however, this fragrance is somewhat sweet and leathery yet, very masculine!! There a small reminiscent of JOOP as well as Original Santal, yet Royal Delight is its own scent.

Give RD a chance and you will not be disappointed!!!
31st December, 2012
Just picked up a 30ml bottle of this from creed boutique. Last year I spotted a 250ml flacon at bergdoff goodman and passed on it. I'm kicking myself now. This is a softer more wearable version of Royal English Leather. It's very floral and sophisticated and it balances out the leather because REL can be overpowering at times but royal delight is pure perfection
23rd December, 2012
Royal Delight is amazing imo ,I must admitt it does resemble JIE , but that's not a bad thing . I have to disagree about it being "love it or hate it" , I find it to be a soft leathery floral , very classy once the dry down occurs .
02nd November, 2012
This scent LASTS. I smell some lime, some leather, some other stuff I don't know but like. Its different and I like it. Smells like a man. Two squirts lasts all day. I get a lot of favorable comments. For years I wore this or Green Irish Tweed. I have since bought a few others but those two were my staple for years.
28th June, 2012

Add your review of Royal Delight

Shop for Royal Delight products online

Search Amazon for Royal Delight

Member images of Royal Delight

There are no member images of Royal Delight yet. Why not be the first?